Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 11:58 | Report Abuse

A delusion is a false belief that is based on an incorrect interpretation of reality. Sanity is the ability to think and behave in a rational and logical manner.

Be the first to like this.

34 comment(s). Last comment by EngineeringProfit 2020-02-28 18:04

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 11:59 | Report Abuse

One of my many great grandchildren attended standard one in anational school this year. When he came home, I asked him to tell me things that happened in the memorable first day. He said a girl with headscarf stting in front of him threatened him that he would go to hell after a round of self-introducion in class.

My great grandchildren : Just because I am a Dayak and nonbeliever of her god or her holy scripture?

Me: Although your great grandfather, me, is a master in philosophy and psychology, I'll find it extremely challenging to undo the damage she had inflicted onto you intentionally or unintentionally.

My great grandchildren : I ran to question my class teacher, and guess what!? He affirmed what she told me!!!!

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 12:08 | Report Abuse

One day, I overheard a conversation between one of my great grand children and his friend:

My great grandchildren (age 11) : Do you know the universe is much older than the earth - by over 10 billion years gap?

Her friend : That's crazy. The world and the Universe were created at the same time - only around 6000 years ago.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 12:17 | Report Abuse

Any strongly held belief that is not supported by evidence, and often indeed contradicted by recent evidences, is delusional.

Likewise, if I were to go around telling people that there were fairies living at the bottom of my garden they would rightly think me delusional.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 12:25 | Report Abuse

In view of a meme that exists in whatever forms in the minds of cultists, may either fit Freud's obsessive compulsive neurosis or Dawkins' criteria for a mental illness, The American Psychiatric Association issued a mental health guide for faith leaders to help those preaching the word differentiate between devout belief and dangerous delusion or fundamentalism.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:27 | Report Abuse

The very uniquely local culture is quickly being killed off by the Arab fallacy. Malay and other indigenous cultures originated from three distinct sources. Those indigenous to the Malay Peninsula, Sabah and Sarawak, those who migrated to Malaysia from the Nusantara archipelago, and those who migrated to Malaysia while the Sultanates were riverine rather than territorially defined. Some of the migrants from outside of Nusantara over the centuries from China and South Asia formed a unique Baba culture that has co-existed with Malay culture for centuries. Once, Malays, Chinese, Indians and the other peoples of Malaysia celebrated Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Christmas, and Deepavali together as a symbol of unity, this is now forbidden.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:29 | Report Abuse

Detox, detox and detox we must (Enough of delusion intoxication)

Racism has become so much embedded within local culture to the extent of delusion. Its now ingrained into the psych.......

........found in every school, every universities, every institution, every ministry

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:32 | Report Abuse

Supposedly-meant-to-be-imaginative-cum-creative young minds of Malaysia are smothered with a single dimensional, myopically delusional view of the universe.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:34 | Report Abuse

Despicable leaders and educators have led rakyats and learners respectively now live within a psychic prison that is full of illusions about enemies which don’t exist.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:34 | Report Abuse

..........fighting a civil psyche war which originated from the mind of those undeservingly psychotically deluded leaders, MBs and VCs

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:37 | Report Abuse

There is inexcusable total absence of an inclusive narrative in national schools. Today’s narratives are focused on severing empathetic ties between the students of different creeds, replacing them with a biased single narrative akin to the film Tanda Putera.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:38 | Report Abuse

The native aspirations, original dreams and basic hopes of Sabahans, Sarawakians, and Orang Asli (the true indigenous people) have been sinfully excluded by design.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:40 | Report Abuse

While the neighbour governments and mamy others across the world try their best to focus on noncreed-based social glue, build community integration, enhance the national culture, and hold nationhood as something sacrosanct, TakBolehland leaders are for political ends allowing these basic nation-building things to deteriorate.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:42 | Report Abuse

Delusionally psychotic beliefs are heavily skewing political decision making and affirmatively back pedalling the community. This cognitive dissonance has been destructive upon community relations, nation building, national culture, and even the noble concept of everyone's nationhood itself.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:44 | Report Abuse

With over RM100 million every month, these subliminal psychological forces are controlling political outcomes that are appearing more irrational and dysfunctional as time goes on. Certainly getting pay for an unworthy job done cannot not being taken as a sin.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:46 | Report Abuse

All the HMs'and VCs'[and all the ex-moe(s)'] decision making, leadership, and institutional development are all influenced by certain ‘sinister’ deep state dark forces.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:49 | Report Abuse

Although moral, celestral, astromythological, biological and historical knowledge gap has narrowed down due to new evidences from scientific research by sapiens of all creeds and ethnicities, students' understanding of themselves, living things around them and the earth still embarrassingly too redimentary, pathetically too superficial and unassumingly primitive at best (by any modern standard)

What has gone wrong? Major hindrance? What is stopping the innocent children from learning properly and developing their brain well?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 16:49 | Report Abuse

Must we continue to suffer agony, pain and embarassment of being world laughing stock, either from the appointment of Pak Pandirs as blackshoe or flying car pet ministers, or deluded Si Lebai Malang who was privileged to set university question, presented the subjective opinion on a controversial fugitive being an icon as factual truth?

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:08 | Report Abuse

Only Rukun Negara should be recited on regular basis in school assembly.

Only scientific thinking, moral principles and lawful awareness have to be 'installed' (like computer softwares), taught and cultivated in schools during formal schooing hours.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:15 | Report Abuse

Essentially, the brain is a biological computer, and an ideology is a set of coded instructions, or “cultural software,” that is running on the brain’s hardware. The haven all memes depend on reaching is the human mind, but a human mind is itself an artifact created when memes restructure a human brain in order to make it a better habitat for memes. In this regard, it is often not the brain that controls the mind, but the memes that compose the mind that control the brain. This is especially the case when the meme is a religion.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:16 | Report Abuse

Although in moderation, religious and spiritual practices can be great for a person’s life and mental well-being, religious fundamentalism—which refers to the belief in the absolute authority of a religious text or leaders—is almost never good for an individual. This is primarily because fundamentalism discourages any logical reasoning or scientific evidence that challenges its scripture, making it inherently maladaptive.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:18 | Report Abuse

The evidence for a negative association between religiousness and IQ/Rational Quotient is robust.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:21 | Report Abuse

Reboot kids' brain

The dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (dlPFC) is an area in the prefrontal cortex of the brain of humans and non-human primates. An important function of the dlPFC is the executive functions, such as working memory, cognitive flexibility, planning, inhibition, and abstract reasoning.

All complex mental activity requires the additional cortical and subcortical circuits with which the dlPFC is connected. The dlPFC is also the highest cortical area that is involved in motor planning, organization and regulation.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:23 | Report Abuse

The ventromedial prefrontal cortex (vmPFC) is a part of the prefrontal cortex in the mammalian brain. It is implicated in the processing of risk and fears. It also plays a role in the inhibition of emotional responses, and in the process of decision making and self control. It is also involved in the cognitive evaluation of morality.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:26 | Report Abuse

Underdeveloped or damaged vmPFC and dlPFC was associated with religious fundamentalism. A reduction in cognitive flexibility and openness have resulting from the prefrontal cortex impairment. Openness was measured using a widely-used personality survey known as the NEO Personality Inventory. The data suggests that damage to the vmPFC indirectly promotes religious fundamentalism by suppressing both cognitive flexibility and openness.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:28 | Report Abuse

The prefrontal cortex is traditionally thought to be involved in executive control, or willful behavior, as well as decision-making. So, the researchers hypothesize, it would make sense that a practice that centers on relinquishing control would result in decreased activity in this brain area.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:29 | Report Abuse

Intense prayer — "which has, as its most fundamental concept, the surrendering of one's self" — reduces, suppresses and diminishes the activity in the prefrontal cortex and the frontal lobes connected with it, as well as the activity in the parietal lobes.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:37 | Report Abuse

To raise a mature society, give them responsibilities

Return responsibility of faith-based understanding and teaching of young minds to their own parents. Even if they are not schooled in the formal teaching of the religion, they can read up on its general teaching to pass on its value system. No heavily federal funded ecom-sapping busybody.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:39 | Report Abuse

Remove religious education from the core curriculum and reinstate it as a subject to be taught after school hours. Instead, consolidate the Moral Studies curriculum by making it compulsory for all students. Inject into it the component of world religions and highlight common moral values across all religions.

Rechannel the allocated RM100 million per months to subsidize healthy meal in school canteens, fishermen during monsoon seasons, farmers during haze and prolonged draught, etc

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:43 | Report Abuse

Wake up call : Start Real Work on Education, Equitability and Economy

Sixty years on, the national education system that was poised to produce knowledgeable, well-informed and socio-culturally enlightened citizens contributing fully to the nation’s development is instead churning out lazy narrow-minded bigots, mercedes-crazed chauvinists whining in their own silos and RM100mil-monthly-free-riding betrayals of national unity agenda

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 17:48 | Report Abuse

URGENT: MUST BAR WOLF IN SHEEP SKIN FROM ATTENDING OR OFFICIATING ANY SPORT EVENTS ( BEWARE: DANGER WHICH INNOCENT SPORTY KIDS ARE NOT AWARE OF)

While we enjoy watching gymnastic to ease our own mental stress from our vocational or professional work, there are certain kinds of people who are virtually wolves in sheep skin.

Ignobly and sinfully, they lustfully scheming the sport person's physical bodies, instead of seeing the sportmanship inside them.

No one can be certained of any amount of psychotherapy or cognitive behavioural can be of help to this like-minded group of people.

Conclusion, they must be barred from attending, watching or officiating any sport event. There is no two ways about this.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 19:23 | Report Abuse

He cannot be trusted to solve a problem if the problems are invented by the very same lame mind that created them in their first term

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-18 21:32 | Report Abuse

Still need more and more and endless study??? : Man's talk - STRAIGHT TO THE POINT

When the people choose NAJIB's party over pH, something must be very, very damned wrong. They would rather swim in a pool of poop than to be belittled with the rubbish that Mhathir and his bodoh sombong gang are throwing at them. The PM's arrogance has reached breaking point and pH's supporters ARE FED UP.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-01-24 14:16 | Report Abuse

A delusion is a false belief that is based on an incorrect interpretation of reality.

Sanity is the ability to think and behave in a rational and logical manner.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2020-02-28 18:04 | Report Abuse

Detox, detox and detox we must (Enough of delusion intoxication)

Racism has become so much embedded within local culture to the extent of delusion. Its now ingrained into the psych.......

........found in every school, every universities, every institution, every ministry

Post a Comment
Market Buzz