Posted by Tobby > 2021-10-23 15:10 | Report Abuse

Politics!

Be the first to like this.

1 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2021-10-23 15:19

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-10-23 15:19 | Report Abuse

Forget all the rheotorics! The sudden rise in emotionally charge issues especially related to race and religion!
Coming from Umno and Pas, they have nothing else to talk about except how Islam is under threats and malays will be overtaken by local chinese! All the baloney thrown in!
Look, there's no threats against Islam! Christianity is a tiny religion here in Malaysia! Buddhism which is the 2nd biggest religion hardly making any wave, because buddhists are the most timid when it comes to displaying or pushing their belief! Well, local indians are a bit of a problem as they tend to build temples on private or government lands and later on playing victim! I mean, how come malays and chinese or bumis can build their house of prayers on proper places and yet local indians don't even bother! They simply go and build their temples everywhere!
But i think the issue of race and religion will not matter much in Melaka! Melaka is the real multiracial society not Sabah Sarawak like what those bumis there are saying! In Sabah Sarawak, you don't see indians or malays for that matter! So how can you say you are multiracial society when you don't even have other races to begin with! And in Sarawak, bumis and local chinese there living in segregrated housings! Local chinese live in all chinese residents and the same with bumis! So it's really not true like what they have been telling us here in peninsula!
Coming back to Melaka by election, i think Bersatu Umno and Pas should not waste their time! Melaka will side with Harapan this round! No because Harapan offer better things but because Umno Bersatu and Pas are just not even a choice now! It's just the same stale formula that only charter to malay elites and dont' even bother with ordinary malays!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz