Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 19:24 | Report Abuse

Politics!

Be the first to like this.

6 comment(s). Last comment by stockraider 2021-12-06 08:39

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 19:32 | Report Abuse

Actually it's all in politics! Bahasa is our daily language! We need to unite all malaysians regardless of races using bahasa! There should not be argument over this!
However, as for english, maths and science must be taught in english! There's no argument over this too! Science and technology changes at rapid pace! If we can't even get the fundamentals right, how can our present and future engineers cope with ever changing shift! Almost every scientific reference are in english! We don't have time to translate everything from one language to another! Unless of course if we are already ahead in such field, then of course we stick to our language! France, South Korea, Japan and China don't have to use english as their science are superior!
Even if you insist on using bahasa, only Indonesia is the only neighbour that share similar language! But you know i know, science and technology in Indonesia are far behind!
When i say that future important language are tamil, bahasa and mandarin, it doesn't mean english should be ignored! On the contrary!
Actually bahasa is the most easiest language to learn! If any malaysian say he cannot speak or understand bahasa, then he or she is not in the right country! As plain as that!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 19:35 | Report Abuse

It is extremely insulting and humiliating if one cannot speak or understand bahasa! Which had happen to me! You see, i was living in KL for so long that i didn't bother to learn bahasa!
Unless you want to remain in superficial KL bubble, then so be it! Keep it to yourself!
But KL is just a little dot in Malaysia! Outside that bubble, english is rarely spoken! As simple as that!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 19:36 | Report Abuse

Actually, it's not even english! It's more like KLngish to be precised! And you know, you don't speak standard english in KL! You speak with so much slang inserted front, middle, left and right!
You knowlah, one cannot speak KL one if one cannot speak englishlah!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-12-05 19:38 | Report Abuse

And in KLnglish, you have many version too! Like malay KLnglish, indian KLnglish and of course chinese KLnglish! Try putting them together on same table and you have this rojak type of language!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-12-06 08:35 | Report Abuse

Rubbish boloh fellow loh!
Live in Msia so many years cannot understand Bahasa Meh ?

Bangla, Nepal, Mynmar foreigner come few months already master Bahasa mah!

Posted by Tobby > Dec 5, 2021 7:35 PM | Report Abuse

It is extremely insulting and humiliating if one cannot speak or understand bahasa! Which had happen to me! You see, i was living in KL for so long that i didn't bother to learn bahasa!
Unless you want to remain in superficial KL bubble, then so be it! Keep it to yourself!
But KL is just a little dot in Malaysia! Outside that bubble, english is rarely spoken! As simple as that!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-12-06 08:39 | Report Abuse

Bahasa so easy to master mah!

This silly UMNO fellow wants people to master Bahasa ah ?

Master what leh ?

Bahasa is a so simple language mah!

Bangla, Nepal, Mynmar foreigner come few months already master Bahasa mah!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz