Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-30 17:38 | Report Abuse

Reality!

Be the first to like this.

11 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2022-07-31 01:44

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-30 17:41 | Report Abuse

In age of ignorance, beauty pageants were harmless contest! Nobody knew the impact it has on generation ahead!
It's totally an era where we don't have much access to information! Hence beauty pageants were thriving as source of entertainment!
At last, it indeed has deep impact on women! Women are force into competition in real life!
Many spent small fortune just to look beautiful! Some undergo surgeries just to fit into the idea of beauty!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-30 17:42 | Report Abuse

In todays world, even developed nation shun this pageant! Fortunately, beauty contest is getting less popular as they are now so many form of entertainment!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-30 17:43 | Report Abuse

Beauty is in the eyes of beholden! We are born with features we didn't expect to have!
And many are born ugly, fat or just plain unattractive!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-30 17:45 | Report Abuse

To be honest, it's really time to bury this culture once and for all! We don't need a culture that promote women to be displayed like cows! To be judged for their so called beauty and nothing else!
It's an insult to humanity to say the less! It serve no purpose but to be selection process for the lusty wealthy and powerful men! In fact most beauty pageants have become source of 'mistress' for powerful and wealthy men!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-30 17:47 | Report Abuse

But i do support pageant for kids where boys and girls would go on stage and display their talents with no winners! There should not be 1st prize or consolation prize rather for kids to build their confidence or for their parents to cheer them! You know, building a good memory kind of pageant!

OnTime

2,183 posts

Posted by OnTime > 2022-07-30 18:11 | Report Abuse

I want choices, damn it!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-30 18:41 | Report Abuse

OnTime! The less conscious people of their looks, the better! Just look at japanese ladies, they don't have beauty pageant culture! You can see so many beautiful japanese ladies but they don't even realise it! It's because japanese don't put such mindset!

gohkimhock

3,020 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2022-07-30 21:49 | Report Abuse

this time I agree with you Tobby. Should ban this kind of contest as we Asians cannot accept this type of women exploitation.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-31 00:23 | Report Abuse

Goh! Exactly! Beauty pageant is exploitation! YOu hit the bulleye! I have to go round and round the bush to explain it!

emsvsi

3,514 posts

Posted by emsvsi > 2022-07-31 00:26 | Report Abuse

TOBBY U LIKE FAT AND UGLY PEOPLE YOU CAN HAVE A FAT AND UGLY PAGEANT LA CELEBRATE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY WHY SHAME THE PRETTY THINGS IN LIFE

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-07-31 01:44 | Report Abuse

Emsvsi! I never complaint about myself! I accepted my good looks! Well, that's according to my own standard of course!
To me, what is important is that, my hands are functioning, my eyes are working, my legs can run after that chasing dogs and so forth!
In short, to me, i am grateful for good health! That's it!
As for been ugly, fat or just plain unattractive, we cannot change what our parents have given us! It's all genetics!
Having ugly pageant is not different from having beauty pageant! Both are insulting and demeaning! I hope you get the drift!
I mean, yourself can organise a pageant for weirdos too if you like! But then again, the outcome is the same! Beauty pageants, Ugly pageants or weirdos pageant leads to no good!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz