5 people like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by bsngpg 2013-12-20 10:27

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-12-19 21:56 | Report Abuse

人與人之間相處,都喜歡和不計較的人在一起,不計較的人剛開始時,看似是失去,但長久下來卻是獲得. 这里我们不说佔他人便宜. The educated new generation like to practice “A-A” or “Dutch”. Especially when come to expenses on social meal in a group.
It looks very fair and reasonable, but the real gainer is still the 不計較的. The 不計較的 are much more welcomed and preferred.

This is one of my latest finding on social behavior. Do you agree?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-12-19 22:30 | Report Abuse

In share investment, it is a reverse case. After finding a good stock to buy, the more you haggle over every ounce of the purchase price, the better you are. It is not a rush game in share investment instead it is a game of slow. There are too many good stocks around for you, if not 林青霞, 林凤娇,王祖贤, you still got 刘亦菲,林志玲, 范冰冰

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-12-20 05:20 | Report Abuse

I think investment is the same thing as in real life.

There is this stock which was selling at an adjusted price of about RM1.20 about 8 months ago for quite a while. I was trying to buy more but was hoping to get it a couple of sen less. However I failed to get that price and its share price then shot up. I did not buy any more as I thought it was already "expensive". Instead I sold off some of my holding in it at about RM1.50, hoping to buy back cheaper later. Eventually I bought some more when a much higher price at RM2.50. It is now selling at about RM2.90. This type of thing used to happen to me all the time; buying higher instead of lower, and selling lower instead of higher. I admire those people who always able to getting in and out of the market; buy low and sell high, and buy back low, and sell high again, and repeat. Just wondering how come they are so 'special".

So my conclusion is since I can't do like what they can do, I will still stick to my principle of "value, value and value". One must have a good feel of the value, and if the price is still way below the value, a few sen difference is not an issue. Lost of opportunity is a bigger issue to me. Of course your estimation of the value must be right.

Strangely enough, Bursa still provide that kind of opportunity to earn extra-ordinary return from investing in the market, in stark contrary to the efficient market hypothesis.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-12-20 07:44 | Report Abuse

When I wrote the comment, my mind was in 2008-2011. 80-90% of my current portfolio was built at that period. Browsing back the transactions, I can actually buy at lower price of each transaction if only I were slower. Anyway if putting them into the longer term perspective, the return is still too high as compare to that few cents higher entry prices. Thus, you are right, VALUE is the gist. But I still “want” to practice SLOW. “Want” because it is hard to practice it in real life.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-12-20 10:27 | Report Abuse

He ! He! “SLOW” comes with a price too. I were convinced by the value of Presta on 30 Nov 13 when it was traded at around 2.63. But I “bei shiok” the 2.63 but want it at 2.50 and below. I ended seeing it inches up to 2.90. Have to wait for the next boat lol. To me the real value will not diminish in a short time, chance is still there if I am patient enough. I can foresee 1-2 years later, I will have Presta in my portfolio.

Anyway, I recommended the “value” to many. Some bought it at 2.63 and enjoy the 10% return in weeks, some are like me, slow and stingy Ah Pek, missed the boat.

Thank you as it was first recommended by you.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz