JCY INTERNATIONAL BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): JCY (5161)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.04 (9.64%)

Day's Change

0.41 - 0.46

Trading Volume

67 people like this.

20,128 comment(s). Last comment by FortuneBlooming 2 hours ago

Genius GS

33 posts

Posted by Genius GS > 2012-08-24 16:58 | Report Abuse

It's 16k, I should put on more. What 1.6k..

I have educated you guys to buy.. Even wrote a long article to explain....

Envy me ?? hahaha. have a good weekend guys....

Posted by howardbach > 2012-08-24 16:59 | Report Abuse

mother fall more it the other way up ??

I see, tell me more.. you are really a genius if it is true..

Posted by Ngai Chee Weng > 2012-08-24 17:03 | Report Abuse

genius when u bot it at 4cent? yesterday only 8cent as posted by steven. http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/422334_4121801977554_95425517_n.jpg

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-24 17:04 | Report Abuse

Fewhhh.. what a day. KC Loh, hahaha.. "hear hear", sometimes the senior citizen can turn to bad boy also right? "spank-spank"

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-24 17:06 | Report Abuse

hahaha Ngai, i think ada orang kelentong, but i may be wrong!

macam2 ader....... LOL

Posted by DUnkin Lau > 2012-08-24 17:06 | Report Abuse

Thank you Namoyaki Sensei, although not enough to cover the losses but still..gaining some.:)

Steve Jub

4,203 posts

Posted by Steve Jub > 2012-08-24 17:07 | Report Abuse

hehe...boost up self esteem (or ego) ma

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-24 17:08 | Report Abuse

Namo, for bad boy, you got to refer to necro!

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-24 17:09 | Report Abuse

Ada KC, very sure. I have been in lots of forums, even a live forums. people with intentions and agenda. But you and me? Just a sampan riders! Hahaha, when the rain come, we cover ourself with daun pisang, how authentic is tht.

Posted by howardbach > 2012-08-24 17:09 | Report Abuse

what is orang kelentong ?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-24 17:10 | Report Abuse

but i didnt get to scenic Malacca. Happy to see that you did and came back with enthusiasm and vigor! :)

super911

300 posts

Posted by super911 > 2012-08-24 17:10 | Report Abuse

Need to thanks some ppl here for posting so many -ve news about JCY. If not, how can this bugger rebound.

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-24 17:14 | Report Abuse

DUNkin lau, with due respect to you my bro, i really wanted to say DONT SELL YET to you just now, but i just know you in here, i hate to be in the Blame-game position.

But if for friend like KC, Nubhan, NajibZ, zack liz, MatCendana etc i dare to tell them tht because they understand, in the end the decision is theirs/ours and blame no one. The pleasure is all mine Dunkin, do read posting from the names i hv mentioned above. Thanks back to you.

Posted by DUnkin Lau > 2012-08-24 17:24 | Report Abuse

haha...I understand the theory Namoyaki Sensei.:)

Posted by fauzyrusdeny > 2012-08-24 17:31 | Report Abuse

still teropong...

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2012-08-24 17:32 | Report Abuse

3 cent dividend :p

playlj

60 posts

Posted by playlj > 2012-08-24 17:49 | Report Abuse

EX-date 18/09/2012
Entitlement date 20/09/2012
Payment date 10/10/2012

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1044897

rookiemy

357 posts

Posted by rookiemy > 2012-08-24 17:53 | Report Abuse

LOL. All seems very happy... ^_^

Mat Cendana

2,336 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-08-24 18:26 | Report Abuse

@rookiemy - Actually, you had indirectly helped. Your opinion last night had strengthened my own thinking about JCY. By the way, I still feel a TP of 1.40 is achievable.

So why did I run at 1.17 and not stick to my belief? That's because I have a sort of `Standing Order' - if a counter goes up within the contra period, I take it as a sign to take the profit, small that it may seemingly be (11 sen gross). I've had those moments before where profits slipped away because I was hoping for more. Oh, I'd wait if a counter has been picked up. But not with this particular trade.

My second rule is to try and sell on Fridays whenever there is a profit. The weekend - we don't know what can happen in the duration. Remember the JP Morgan `London Whale' in May? It was on Friday/early Saturday morning Malaysian time, and it affected sentiments everywhere. Another thing - JCY is volatile like a firecracker. I'd rather throw it after seeing the fuse burning than to wait for the last-split-second for the trills.

But to quote "The Terminator": I'll be back... should it slide below 1.10. Or when it's clearly going up. This isn't Cybert - JCY is a profitable company that gives dividends.

winwin

366 posts

Posted by winwin > 2012-08-24 18:29 | Report Abuse

this stock not suitable for long term investor.

Posted by DUnkin Lau > 2012-08-24 18:35 | Report Abuse

I truly learn a lot from here...Thank you guys...!

Mat Cendana

2,336 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-08-24 18:46 | Report Abuse

There's another strategy that I'd like to share here. It's a good idea to have 20% of your capital unused in preparation for "Lehman Moments" or abnormal events and try to capitalise.

These don't have to be too earth-shaking; just events where quality counters (or those with potential) suddenly drop due to market sentiments. The JCY slide qualifies because the steep drop isn't really because of business fundamentals (as far as I know). Did it report a big loss like MAS? No, it only reported a lower profit than the previous exceptional quarter... and the price got hammered! When there's panic selling, it's reasonable to expect the price to recover in the not-too-distant future.

This is where the 20% `emergency use only' capital comes in. By having it, one will have a lot more confident. And the luxury of waiting if things don't immediately go your way. Can't do this if it's a contra trade.

Even if you don't have your own cash, an undertaking from someone who trusts you is good enough - wife, parents, siblings etc... people who won't break your legs or throw red paint at your house should you be a bit late to repay. Make it clear that it is short-term borrowing (of 6 months or so)... and repay within the period because it affects relationships and our spiritual self.

Just to make it fair and sweet for your creditors, give them 20% of whatever profits that you eventually make. That's extremely reasonable because *you* will be taking all the risks while they will get back their original sum, at the very least.

Based on experience and observations, these quality counters will eventually go up. But you will have to force yourself to be brave and buy when most people are selling and fearful.

rookiemy

357 posts

Posted by rookiemy > 2012-08-24 18:53 | Report Abuse

Mat: Nothing wrong to take profit @1.17. Normally for rebound trades, I will exit either T1 or T2 when opportunity presents. Good on you.

Mat Cendana

2,336 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-08-24 18:56 | Report Abuse

@Genius GS - *If only* (one of the oft-repeated phrase among traders in the stock market)... you had made that comment earlier. I had totally forgotten about the HA. But it's also because put options don't seem to be understood by most traders. That was one great opportunity. Would have easily gotten it at 0.06.

rookiemy

357 posts

Posted by rookiemy > 2012-08-24 19:02 | Report Abuse

@Mat : Totally agree with you on "..when most people are fearful and selling..." especially when a counter have fundamental.

I have seen penny counters dropping like hell, but without fundamental, I simply wouldn't bother making a trade.

Posted by DUnkin Lau > 2012-08-24 20:04 | Report Abuse

haha...Mat sharing with sense of humor..very interesting.Learned!
Thank you all Sifu here!!

Mat Cendana

2,336 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-08-24 20:08 | Report Abuse

That's the power of warrants, regardless of Call or Put. They are a great alternative to the mother shares, giving a lot more bang for the buck. In many cases, one can just forget about dividends - if we can make more from dividend-less warrants, then why not? But there has to be balance and some caution must be practised because they can be really painful should the market move against you. And you can't wait it out as with ordinary shares due to the expiry dates.

I'm hoping there will be opportunities to make a few ringgit from the JCY call warrants next week (I think the likelihood of it going up is greater than sliding down. Even if the latter is the case, 1.00 is a very very strong psychological support). The weekend will give us time to do some research and thinking about the various warrants. If there's even a modest rebound to the higher teens or 20's, they should easily add 2 or so sen (for the ones price above 10 sen). 0.005-0.015 for the sub-10 sen. But with warrants, you'll have to be decisive and fast in making buy and sell decisions.

Jjtrader

1,178 posts

Posted by Jjtrader > 2012-08-24 20:25 | Report Abuse

Very busy afternoon until I miss the chance to catch the rebounding of JCY. Miss the boat again. Sigh! :(

kcfan

1,881 posts

Posted by kcfan > 2012-08-24 20:55 | Report Abuse

JCY Falls 19% After 3Q Results And Weaker Outlook
JCY International shares fell further following is weaker than expected third financial results and dimmer outlook for earnings. In recent news, operations of most HDD producers in Thailand have since recovered from the huge flood disaster but were however held back by the weak outlook of the Global HDD market. The PC market itself has been shrinking as consumers divert their spending towards extra portable devices such as tablets and smartphones. In general, technology shares have not been performing. According to one remisier, investors are dumping the stock as they fear JCY may slide further. JCY shares have fallen by 25 sen or 18.7 percent to RM1.09, which is far lower than the revised target price of many analysts. Core earnings for the cumulative third quarter missed analysts’ consensus expectations by five to fifteen percent.

Significance: As one of the very few manufacturers of HDD components that avoided the recent flood disasters in Thailand, JCY still sees margin contractions in the near term due to the bleak industry outlook. Share prices are likely to fall further as its main competitors return back to full operating capacity by the third and fourth quarter this year.

Mat Cendana

2,336 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-08-24 21:24 | Report Abuse

kcfan - Yeah, that is the dampener and the factor that had started the sharp fall. Investors are led to the logical conclusion: "If the last quarter has reported lower profits, and with demand for HDD parts declining, then the next quarter will be even less profitable. A loss is possible."

Makes a lot of sense and the market is factoring in what it expects of the future quarter. But I feel the market price correction has been too sharp. Then there's the panic selling factor. As such, regardless of the possible lower profits (or even loss), JCY's price is a bit on the low side. This creates the *possibility* the market will rectify the discrepancy in the near future. Okay, 2.00 may no longer be a valid TP. But what about something lower... like 1.40 or so?

And as we have seen in the past few months, JCY is a very popular counter among traders. True, many had lost money due to this fall. But I believe they will still keep tabs on it, and jumping back in when they feel it could be on an upswing again.

Just my opinion and personal speculating without any technical or whatever analysis to show. So don't bet your house on it:-)

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-24 21:44 | Report Abuse

JCY teach us something today indirectly, definately.

Warrants:
Be decisive, be confident and be brave, discipline is a MUST. Avoid NOISES. [Please refer this to CP Teh as well, he is mathematically good at this analogy]

Warrants:
Place your order(Q-Buy) as early as possible. Place your order (Q-Sell) as fast as you can. [Kindly please refer this to brother Chong Wah as well, you will bump with him at 2.00AM in here, and you will bump back with him at 5.30AM in here. He told me he ate lots of fruits!]

Warrants:
Racing with the banks! BUY today SELL on a different day. Traders BUY when it is on the UPTREND. They trade 'the difference' no matter at what price; they trade 'the difference'.

:)

ymj1016

216 posts

Posted by ymj1016 > 2012-08-24 22:07 | Report Abuse

Namo: thanks for the highlights. i've learned my precious lesson today.

jacklintan

1,722 posts

Posted by jacklintan > 2012-08-24 23:11 | Report Abuse

My internet gone bad this morning and by the time I get back it's already 4pm. :X

I was looking at buying more JCY at 1.03 but the price maintained at 1.05-1.06 and then climb mountain to 1.19! Even at 1.17-1.19,I am still at 0.2 cents apart from my price.

Sigh~~~
Like what Mat Cendana said, JCY has it's potential at 1.40.

For JCY, regardless declining HDD parts and downtrend of HDD market, still in general, bigger buyers from corporates will opt for HDDs. Smaller scales buyers are the consumers with tabs and iphones.

the 3 cents dividends could be another reason for the pitfall of the price since yesterday. Also, according to CIMB insider, the founder have sold about his 25% of shares to the public. 2 reasons: 1. profit taking. 2. promote trading from the benchmark price this year.
the 3rd reason: this company really not doing well. Get cautious.

Anyway, will see on Monday. Have a great weekends!

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-25 00:31 | Report Abuse

Thank you Mat Cendana for your posting! You are a good reader indeed!

jacklintan

1,722 posts

Posted by jacklintan > 2012-08-25 10:20 | Report Abuse

Good sharing of your thoughts, Namoyaki san!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-25 12:04 | Report Abuse

i am gonna forewarn all contra newbie players next week, if the price gets below 1.07, try not to go in first because this round, just because you seen some of us scoring this week. the institutional players will be waiting for for T3 and when you sell, it will depress the price further and they will catch you. if call warrants are up, they need the price further down so that take up is low.

market is dynamic, and players always watch each moves.

dont be a case of "monkey see, monkey do!" with all of you

you have been warned! you can choose to discredit this! the choice is yours!

Posted by Yeap Chun Fai > 2012-08-25 12:52 | Report Abuse

kc loh, i dont understand what do u meant by institutional player waiting for T3..mind to explain?? thanks =)

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-25 12:54 | Report Abuse

t+3, contra players force sell shares!

Posted by Yeap Chun Fai > 2012-08-25 12:57 | Report Abuse

thanks for enlighten me.tqtq =D

jacklintan

1,722 posts

Posted by jacklintan > 2012-08-25 15:24 | Report Abuse

@kc loh. Thank you for the warning sign. At least, I will be more cautious. Never let greed lead the way. Thanks again

jacklintan

1,722 posts

Posted by jacklintan > 2012-08-25 15:28 | Report Abuse

erhm, I never go in with contra.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-25 15:53 | Report Abuse

ok, just a warning post for newbies. I am sure many rue the fact they missed the spike to 4.19. But this is not textbook play following fundamentals. Its market dynamic trying to catch greedy people! friday many fearful, i am afraid Monday or tuesday many greedy! :)

ibujang

117 posts

Posted by ibujang > 2012-08-25 19:49 | Report Abuse

If we buy at the range of 1.20-130 do i keep it or run alway.

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-08-25 19:52 | Report Abuse

JCY was bashed down by the violent bears last few days. Most analysts downgraded JCY on grounds of decreasing demand for HDD as well as ASP reduction in the coming months. There is one serious negative factor the analysts have not mentioned but is coming very soon. The minimum wage of RM900 per month will be enforced on 1 Jan 2013. JCY employs tens of thousand of factory workers and they are currently paid, most probably, way below the minimum wage level. Hence, JCY's earning in 2013 might be significantly eroded. If you are playing JCY, keep your eyes on cost figures and detect if there is any variation.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-25 20:32 | Report Abuse

ibujang, i can't predict how it would turn out, but if my guess is right, JCY could potentially drop below 1.05. Will it continue to drop? it will certainly depends on how the sharks play it now.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-25 20:35 | Report Abuse

if greed takes over on Monday, then it will rise however. you try catch the signs by monday morning! You try see if contra players coming in monday to try take advantage of low price...

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-25 21:18 | Report Abuse

This is one of the reasons why price I am guessing will drop:

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/fdnews/213366.jsp

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-08-25 21:25 | Report Abuse

KC, if I may add:
One of the best ways to detect if bears are lurking is to compare daily top and bottom:
lowest price for the day, higher low or lower low compared to previous trading day
highest price for the day, compared to the previous day, is it higher or lower

Posted by Kim Yap Lau > 2012-08-25 21:27 | Report Abuse

股價蒸發27%惹猜疑‧JCY澄清:營運正常

(吉隆坡24日訊)投資者憂慮全球經濟波動將影響硬碟驅動器需求,導致J C Y國際(JCY,5161,主板科技組)連跌5日,股價蒸發27%,公司董事出面解釋業務一切正常為股價止血。

該公司執行董事陳希麟(音譯)接受《彭博社》電訪時表示,公司業務一切營運正常,並未出現任何問題,不瞭解為何股價下跌。

JCY國際在上週公佈第三季業績成功轉虧為盈,錄得1億零520萬令吉淨利,但聯昌研究認為全球經濟成長放緩將損及硬碟需求,並對其賺益帶來壓力,預見盈利已見頂,下調評級從“短線買進"至“中和"。

截至8月23日,JCY國際股價在過去5個交易日已累積26.79%跌幅,但該股今日在熱絡交易下止跌回揚,最高站上1令吉19仙,起7仙或6.25%,終場則上漲1仙至1令吉13仙,成交量達5千620萬股,為過去3天平均交投的6倍以上。

今年為止,JCY國際走揚5.6%,表現遜於富時綜合指數的7.7%漲幅。(

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-08-25 21:29 | Report Abuse

KC you did a great job by issuing a warning to newbies taking new positions in the coming days and stale bulls holding higher prices.

I would like remind one such counter KNM slumping from some RM2-80 to below one ringgit in a very short period of time

Post a Comment
Market Buzz