Posted by Tobby > 2021-07-22 13:28 | Report Abuse

Investment!

Be the first to like this.

2 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2021-07-22 13:42

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-07-22 13:38 | Report Abuse

Well, ignorant me! Actually TM has been providing content for 12 years! Wow! I didn't know this until i did some homework! So yeah, i do speak without brain sometimes and i openly admit my ignorance rather than cover up by blaming others!
However, been in this content business for a decade, it seems Astro made a bold move by grabbing Nextflix, the king content!
Nextflix is the new Hollywood! Nextflix has overtaken Hollywood in providing original movies and series, something Hollywood losing out alot of late! You see, Hollywood depends on cinema release! Nextflix stream to quarter billion monthly paying customers! Tell me, how can Hollywood beat that! They can't! And that's why Hollywood A list too had to take smaller pay jobs from Nextflix! The days of A listers are gone forever! Which also means, A listers influence gone out the door for sometimes now!
This is way TM has not evolve much of late! Or perhaps TM should catch up to new reality!
Streaming is now a multibillion business! TM provide all the connectivity in fibre yet they are not capitlizing on content! Yeah sure, they have Unifitv which is doing lousy job of it! I mean, i don't even know there's Unifitv! And i don't even bother to subscriber to as well!
Unifitv is out of touch with new trend! Subcribers no longer interested in watching fix channels! Today, subcribers are more into VOD! If you want to watch the news, you stream it immediately! If you want to watch movies or series, you stream it immediately! You don't wait and wait and wait for it to be screen at certain period of the day like watching broken clock given you correct time twice a day! Those days are gone!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2021-07-22 13:42 | Report Abuse

And mind you, in Malaysia alone, you can find dozens of IPTV providers! And they are not legal! But they have been doing this business for years now! They can boast millions a day! Yeah, they are making money and the government is not taxing them! Yeah, that's right, the underworld bosses are behind them! You see how powerful underworld in Malaysia has become of late since there's no GST!
Anyway, TM is sleeping! Government is sleeping!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz