Sslee blog

What does the West want from China?

Sslee
Publish date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020, 12:15 AM
Sslee
0 239
This is my blog

Dear all,

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/what-does-the-west-want-from-china/

What does the West want from China?

你们究竟要我们怎样生存?

By Duo-Liang Lin 林良多(音译)

When we were the Sick Man of Asia, we were called the Yellow Peril.

当我们是东亚病夫时,我们被说成是黄祸;

When we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat.

当我们被预言将成为超级大国时,又被称为主要威胁。

When we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to open markets.

当我们闭关自守时,你们走私鸦片强开门户;

When we embrace free trade, you blame us for taking away your jobs.

当我们拥抱自由贸易时,却被责骂抢走了你们的饭碗。

When we were falling apart, you marched in your troops and wanted your fair share.

当我们风雨飘摇时,你们铁蹄入侵要求机会均等;

When we tried to put the broken pieces back together again, Free Tibet, you screamed. It was an invasion!

当我们整合破碎山河时,你们却叫嚣“给西藏自由”[1]。

When tried communism, you hated us for being communist.

当我们推行马列救国时,你们痛恨我们信仰共产主义;

When we embrace capitalism, you hate us for being capitalist.

当我们实行市场经济时,你们又嫉妒我们有了资本。

When we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet.

当我们的人口超过十亿时,你们说我们摧毁地球;

When we tried limiting our numbers, you said we abused human rights.

当我们限制人口增长时,你们又说我们践踏人权。

When we were poor, you thought we were dogs.

当我们一贫如洗时,你们视我们低贱如狗[2];

When we loan you cash, you blame us for your national debts.

当我们借钱给你们时,你们又埋怨使你们国债累累。

When we build our industries, you call us polluters.

当我们发展工业时,你们说我们是污染源;

When we sell you goods, you blame us for global warming.

当我们把产品卖给你们时,你们又说造成地球变暖。

When we buy oil, you call it exploitation and genocide.

当我们购买石油时,你们说我们掠夺资源、灭绝种族;

When you go to war for oil, you call it liberation.

当你们为石油开战时,却说自己解救生灵。

When we were lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of law.

当我们动乱无序时,你们说我们没有法治;

When we uphold law and order against violence, you call it violating human rights.

当我们依法平暴时,你们又说我们违反人权[3]。

When we were silent, you said you wanted us to have free speech.

当我们保持沉默时,你们说我们没有言论自由[4];

When we are silent no more, you say we are brainwashed-xenophobes.

当我们敢于发声时,又被说成是洗过脑的暴民。

“Why do you hate us so much?”we asked.

我们不禁要问:“为什么你们这样憎恨我们?”

“No,” you answered, “we don’t hate you. ”

你们回答说:“不,我们不恨你们。”

“We don’t hate you either, but, do you understand us?”

“我们也不恨你们,只是,你们了解我们吗?”

“Of course we do,” you said, “We have AFP, CNN[5] and BBC’s …”

“当然了解,我们消息多的是,有法新社、美国有线新闻网、还有英国广播公司……”

What do you really want from us?

你们究竟要我们怎样生存?

Think hard first, then answer, Because you only get so many chances.

回答之前请仔细想一想,因为你们的机会是有限的。

Enough is enough, enough hypocrisy for this one world.

够了,这个世界已经容不下太多的伪善。

We want one world, one dream, and peace on earth.

我们要的是同一个世界,同一个梦想,太平盛世。

This big blue earth is big enough for all of us.

这个辽阔的蓝色地球,容得下你们,也容得下我们。

Discussions
1 person likes this. Showing 2 of 2 comments

AAA555

你将很多人的感受都抒发出来。以鸦片摧残中国人,因为一个他们士兵丧亡以非常不折手段统治香港100年,从进入口需通过香港吸了中国人的血几十年至中国强大会后郑小平硬起来才得依照非常不合理的条约,香港发生反送中事件他们出什么招?
战争破坏太大了,因为不适合战争需要忍耐,他们还得寸进尺。

2020-04-20 09:38

qqq33333333

What does the West want from China?

simple.............how about the time China lost the opium war?

2020-04-20 09:44

Post a Comment