Be the first to like this.

14 comment(s). Last comment by supersaiyan3 2017-12-31 09:16

supersaiyan3

3,126 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2017-12-26 22:39 | Report Abuse

It's a fair write up. Not the best timing yet.

After reading your post, follow up a little bit on Nam Cheong, share price left 2 Singapore cents. Pity.

Luckily Tiong still got Cck and City Mall, Kk. Otherwise he would have been broke. The lesson is a simple, keep an eye on your business.

gohkimhock

3,017 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2017-12-26 23:47 | Report Abuse

Don't be silly. It won't go below 90sen. Do you really actually know how strong CCK in Sarawak is?

cend0l

188 posts

Posted by cend0l > 2017-12-27 01:42 | Report Abuse

Don't be silly. Do you really think share prices don't fluctuate?

Posted by bursagoinglong > 2017-12-27 08:44 | Report Abuse

Hi @gohkimhock.

There will be times where the market is volatile either from an economic slow down, war or other external factors. At that time, it is possible for a share like CCK to reach 85 cents a pop. Never disregard anything.

"The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient" - W.B.

Hi @supersaiyan3

Yeah I agree. However. the performance of Nam Cheong is beyond him. It is the current climate affecting capital expenditure in the O&G sector, which then affects ship builders like Nam Cheong.

paperplane

21,619 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2017-12-27 08:48 | Report Abuse

nothing is impossible in mkt, but this is a strong stock, though I haven't bought any yet.

gohkimhock

3,017 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2017-12-27 08:52 | Report Abuse

Now you bring out major issues like ww3, 911, etc.. All counters also die, not this alone.

Posted by bursagoinglong > 2017-12-27 08:54 | Report Abuse

Well unfortunately, that is how it works Goh. You'll just have to wait patiently for the fair price with sufficient margin of safety.

Posted by bursagoinglong > 2017-12-27 08:55 | Report Abuse

It says in your profile that " No longer a speculator. I am a value investor now. 貪心輸錢贏,輸血不輸錢。 人人去輸血,殺人不打風。 落雨去離島,離家飲煉奶。 見人分遺產,出獄嫌錢腥。 快樂冇人格,出家冇人工。 攻而無不克,戰無不勝矣。"

You don't walk the talk. What a shame.

gohkimhock

3,017 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2017-12-27 08:57 | Report Abuse

substantiate your allegation that i don't walk the talk pls.

Posted by bursagoinglong > 2017-12-27 09:02 | Report Abuse

If it takes WW3 to get a fair price for a share, then you wait. As simple as that. If you cant wait, go back to speculating. But dont call yourself a "value investor".

aiboon

296 posts

Posted by aiboon > 2017-12-27 09:03 | Report Abuse

drop below 200 days...uhmmmmm..i will quit first lo...but now head and shoulder...

supersaiyan3

3,126 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2017-12-31 09:08 | Report Abuse

Hi, bursagoinglong,

Of course it has to do with the boss. Plenty of other shipbuilders surviving.

I mean i salute Tiong to go around the world and do the FuZhou thing, but sooner or later he got to pay the price for not overseeing the business.

I understand CCK has a strong, stable business in Sarawak, they are trying to expand in Sabah but so far not very successful. They have operating procedure that is way, way, way below industry average, that i vomit even thinking of it.

I would agree their prawn business is done professionally though!

Coming year 2018, competition will intensify, you don't know you can survive the same as 2017.

Hafid

1,135 posts

Posted by Hafid > 2017-12-31 09:16 | Report Abuse

cck in sarawak here only sibu is doing well because chinese is working hard. the rest like in bintulu, miri all shit because no body take care. the staff is always " tak tahu" " tak apa" mentality. even some of the store already close.

supersaiyan3

3,126 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2017-12-31 09:16 | Report Abuse

For those who are not familiar with CCK, i share briefly.

So this 張仕國 was a poor boy who became a fishmonger at a young age. Surprisingly his selling skill is so good, soon his fish sales is more than the whole Pasar combined. He is talented also! To find technology to keep fish fresh, he went to Japan to buy refrigeration facilities to keep fish frozen then he can do export.

His business expands later to chicken, prawn, and shipbuilding. Since he was so wealthy and kind, most chicken producers became his contract farmers and subsequently CCK dominates the chicken market of the whole Sarawak. The shipbuilding company was back-door listed in Singapore.

But since he became the leader of the World FuZhou Association, he went around the world to promote FuZhou-ship and left his business behind.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz