21 comment(s). Last comment by i3lurker 2019-02-03 13:44

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 21:41 |

Post removed.Why?

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 21:47 | Report Abuse

problem with palm oil is that ALL (being 100%) are chemically processed. You dun see cold pressed palm oil at all.

Hope sslee keeps on drinking palm oil.

cheers

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 21:51 | Report Abuse

proper way to consume palm oil is to drink it when hungry, not pour it down the drain.

also when sslee pours it down the drain its not clogged. There is a technology in pouring it. You must lift up your left leg when pouring it with your left hand to the music of Mozart then drain will not be clogged.

Posted by Fortune Bull > Feb 2, 2019 09:43 PM | Report Abuse
Anyway, try pouring palm oil into your kitchen waste pipe! If it's clogged then maybe it's the waste pipe problem, not the fact that palm oil can clogged even a 12 inch pipe!

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 21:57 | Report Abuse

Fortune,
yes, you strike jackpot! Palm oil is ALL chemicals. As usual sslee does not know what he is talking about. sslee has NO experience at all.
I buy many bottles of cold pressed virgin olive oil in my house and they virtually keep indefinitely for years with no problems. Palm oil cannot keep long.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-02 22:09 | Report Abuse

Hi guys,
I use fresh olive virgin oil for my salad
But I don't use it to fry food. For frying food I use palm oil.
Now beta carotene is a good byproduct of palm oil.
All the ice cream, cakes, biscuits, hawker food, kfc and other fast food got palm oil
All your Malaysian teh tarik got palm oil substitute for milk
Nestle used tons of palm oil for Milo, kitkat, nescafe and Maggie mee.

So I think all of you will kena eating palm oil in one way or another

THE trick is to eat everything in moderation

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 22:16 | Report Abuse

/////refined palm olein (IV 56-63) is the best oil for deep frying because of it heat stability and high smoke point.////

Refined corn oil
Palm oil
Palm kernel oil
Refined high-oleic sunflower oil
Refined peanut oil
Semirefined sesame oil
Refined soy oil
Semirefined sunflower oil

SURPRISE! SURPRISE!
all the above have the same smoke points of 232°C

whereas
Olive pomace oil 238°C
Extra light olive oil 242°C
Ghee (Clarified Butter) 252°C
Refined Safflower oil 266°C
Avocado oil 271°C

what a screwed up biased article!!

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 22:20 | Report Abuse

Haagen Dazs ice cream is 100% milk cream

Nestle ice cream is 100% palm oil.

There are many other products that NEVER ever used palm oil at all. Its not a problem avoiding palm oil. Just choose the brand names carefully!

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-02-02 22:23 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the sharing sslee...

I understand what is shared above at 101% level.
It is indeed sad that, media has huge control on consumers perception.

I bet that out 100 who reads above, only 1 may feel that his opinion or conviction slightly shaken to reconsider using palm oil if he had been using different oil earlier.

So we need to find a way to convey the message in a manner it gets to the layman consumers.

I certainly believe palm oil is no way inferior to any other vegetable oil (soy, sunflower, canola, etc) processed in the same way.

The major causes of problem has to do with the 'processing', if you consume palm oil the same way how the extra virgin olive oil is produced for consumption...the benefits are probably equivalent.

It is the refining process that takes away a lot of the antioxidant properties palm oil...which explains its shelf life etc.

and there is definitely no connection in terms malaysian health with the type of oil they use...

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 22:37 | Report Abuse

Olive pomace oil 238°C
Extra light olive oil 242°C

so using palm oil 232°C for frying is like keeping the Mercedes at home and use the Kancil to drive to work.

using palm oil for frying is actually a myth
(The Strongman deals in dishing out myths)

One study found that olive oil can be used in a deep fryer for over 24 hours before it oxidizes excessively https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20678538

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-02-02 22:41 | Report Abuse

its not about whether you can or you cannot use olive oil for deep frying...its about whether you want it?

have you tried in the first place? If you did...you will know the reason why..

Sslee

6,267 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-02-02 23:06 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Some published seminar paper by MPOB
http://www.mpoc.org.my/upload/PAPER_3-POTS%20Myanmar-Datuk-Choo-Yuen-May.pdf
PALM OIL: Processing, Utilization and Nutrition Datuk Dr. Choo Yuen May Director General of MPOB 28 June 2013
http://www.mpob-pdas.my/pdf/16-facts.pdf
You can Google whatever scientific, R&D publication on Palm oil (Many thousands of them)
This is because Palm oil is the victim of many seasonal oil seed powerful lobbyist (Protect their owe vested interest) lobby their government (USA and EU) by falsified propaganda, NGO and accusation without any scientific basic (Health, Sustainability, Deforestation, CO2 release from peat soil, Orang utan, Elephant and etc) and each time they do so Malaysia and Indonesia Government and Industries will fight back pointing out their fault accusation with actual facts and scientific figures to rebuke each and every accusation.
Facts and Figures on deforestation:
http://www.mpoc.org.my/Oil_Palm_Cannot_Be_the_Main_Driver_of_Deforestation.aspx

Thank you

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 23:06 |

Post removed.Why?

Sslee

6,267 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-02-02 23:23 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
I still remember some simpleton even brought a bottle of refine palm olein and refine soya bean oil to the legislator and try to pour out both palm oil and soya bean oil and because soya bean oil are liquid and palm oil cloud and difficult to flow below atmospheric temperature of 10 deg C thus he conclude that palm olein will block your blood vessels.
How simple reasoning is this? Yes palm olein will block a cold died body blood vessels because the body already dead cold to atmospheric temperature of 10 deg C.

For deep frying purpose you must use oil with high smoke point and minimum polyunsaturated natural oil. If the oil is partial hydrogenated to reduce polyunsaturated to monounsaturated or saturated oil then you will have trans fats that raise your bad (LDL) cholesterol levels and lower your good (HDL) cholesterol levels. Eating trans fats increases your risk of developing heart disease.

Thank you

probability

14,490 posts

Posted by probability > 2019-02-02 23:24 | Report Abuse

trans fatty acid causes cancer too...the French completely ban these from entering their country

Sslee

6,267 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-02-02 23:34 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_point
You can refer to above on smoke point and the polyunsaturated and present of natural antioxidant to know what oil is good for industry deep frying at competitive pricing. All instant noodle use palm olein with IV of 56 for frying.

Thank you

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 23:38 | Report Abuse

interesting fact:-

3.5 tons of POME generated from 1 ton of CPO

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-02 23:41 | Report Abuse

////All instant noodle use palm olein with IV of 56 for frying. ////

Somebody should have told this guy NOT TO EAT PALM OIL

https://www.nst.com.my/world/2018/10/422584/boy-who-ate-instant-noodles-every-day-years-dies-stomach-cancer

Sslee

6,267 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-02-03 00:11 | Report Abuse

Dear i3lurker,
A lot of people die of cancer especially smoker and alcoholic. The Palm oil is not to be blamed but the food seasoning, lack of other balance food, living environment, lifestyle, stress and lack of exercise that cause cancer.
By the way many people die of car accident, plane accident or even walking on the street. So by your logic avoid all these activities?

Thank you

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-03 01:45 | Report Abuse

I actually agree with everything written here. SSLee makes a good point.

i3lurker is just arguing for the sake of arguing. He has probably never planted or seen a single olive tree or process in his entire life.

Nor has he done any work in the refining process or looked carefully at the usage of palm oil.

Any and all oil used will increase the calory content of food. If you eat in moderation, you could drink coke every day and you will live till 90.

Its those who don't know how to control their body that blame the food.

I agree with calvin comment, moderation is the key.

Sslee

6,267 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-02-03 06:41 | Report Abuse

Dear i3lurker,
Good morning. Milk fat is good and Haagen Dazs ice cream is 100% milk cream and taste fantastic.
Cocoa butter is good and chocolate make from cocoa butter taste fantastic.
Olive oil is good and healthy oil as dressing oil or deep frying.
In term of cost how many low income people or people in developing country like India can afford it.

My question remain imagine a world without Palm Oil. What will be the consequence? Will you able to find any substitute oil that give so much health benefit at competitive pricing?
I doubt so. What probably will happen is many people will go hungry and sick as many food items and personal care products were beyond many people reach/affordability.

Dear Philip,
Similarly Public bank, Top grove, QL and Nestle are great value stocks but INSAS is value for money stock.

Thank you, going for my morning jog.
P/S: You should try out MCT oil. Not for frying (Low smoke point) but just a small tea spoon everyday added into any of your ready to eat foods.

i3lurker

13,983 posts

Posted by i3lurker > 2019-02-03 13:44 | Report Abuse

interesting info

to produce the same amount of oil as 1 acre of palm oil will take 9 acres of soyabean.

1 acre of palm oil = 9 acres of soyabean.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz