Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-17 18:31 | Report Abuse

Like i said before, the latest round 2 will not affect prices of goods once reach US! In fact US consumers hardly feel anything! This is because, yuan has devalued by 10% too! The onus will be on China consumers as China will retaliate with similar tariff on US goods! But the beauty of this will be on Malaysia palm oil export to China! China will have no choice but to import palm oil as soya oil will be too expensive for average chinese in China! You can see this next round actually benefit Malaysia alot! If my assesment is correct, then prepare to see our palm oil futures taking a leap!

Be the first to like this.

1 comment(s). Last comment by ks55 2018-09-17 18:54

ks55

3,638 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2018-09-17 18:54 | Report Abuse

What do you mean by nothing?
These are tariff in addition to those import taxes now in place.
If Product X already taxed at 20%, new tariff is 30%.
If Product Y was taxed at 5%, new tariff will be 15%.

Donald Duck playing trick, on one hand giving China false representation he will not proceed with new tariff, luring China to put in more energy in preparation of new trade talk at PM level, then he just turn around and tell China you are not doing what I told you to do. So even before new round of trade nego take place, he already tell you "I am cheating you, what can you do with me" mentality.

All in all, China should not give any weightage to what Donald Duck is selling.
Donald Duck was cheating when he first visited China last year, then on North Korea meeting in Singapore, then on first USD 50 billion tariff, and now on USD 200 billion.

Don't tell me President Xi doesn't know such a character like Donald Duck, in the first place, not be be taken as a credible POTUS?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz