8 people like this.

8 comment(s). Last comment by dragon328 6 days ago

raymondroy

864 posts

Posted by raymondroy > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

as usual short and sharp review work ..... thx @dragon328, interesting to see that YTL will see higher profit in 2025 compared to 2024, as compared to YTLP which will see a dip in 2025 compared to 2024.
1) Perhaps, it will make sense to put more weightage on YTL compared to YTLP, from a portfolio perspective.
2) But fact of the matter is that PERx of YTL is 17x while YTLP is 10x, meaning there is more upside for YTLP?
3) Talk about growth, then looking at DC and tech pureplay, then YTLP stands taller I guess, but again 50% of YTLP profits gets equity accounted in YTL anyway.
4) Glad to see YTL group of companies with the exception of YTL-C, having low PERx as compared to peers, which again reinforces the upside potential.

Look foward to you continued support buddy.... dragon328, cheers and happy hunting

MrFox

1,251 posts

Posted by MrFox > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

meaningful insight!
terima kasih

Posted by Douglasavies > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Good and very useful article like eggy car game, when playing you can have fun and relax without worrying about the sun. https://eggycar.online

dragon328

2,460 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

@raymondroy, based on my latest assessment, YTL Power will not see a dip in earnings in FY2025 from FY2024, as suggested by certain analysts. I think they still overplay on the issue of PowerSeraya declining earnings, and they tend to play down on the data centre earnings prospects.

These 2 areas present higher uncertainties and so have become the easy targets of the sell side analysts.

prizein

1 posts

Posted by prizein > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

The history of human-dog fellowship is indeed a remarkable story of mutual evolution and cooperation. It is believed that the relationship began over 20,000 to 40,000 years ago when wolves began to associate with human hunter-gatherers, likely drawn to their camps by food scraps. Over time, these wolves became domesticated, evolving into early dogs through natural and human-directed selection.

Posted by Beta Ipoh > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

YTLP is on track with the AI data centre development, and Nvidia has committed to deliver the necessary GPUs towards end of 2024 for the first phase of its 50MW AI data centre which is being funded by Nvidia itself.

The earning contribution to YTL Power will be substantial as calculated in my earlier articles and by various analysts like Ambank and CLSA in great details.
hallo mr dragon i coppy ur article from forum,may i ask u tis Ai data center gpu is nvidea pay?not ytl pay?which one is better?then how ytlpower get profit from tis data centre?thanks

Willtolive

480 posts

Posted by Willtolive > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Beta Ipoh, you asked a relevant question.

I guess ytlp shall only be a developer/contractor/landlord for the infra and empty building for DC players to fit their AI equipment.

dragon328

2,460 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

@Beta Ipoh, when I said the first phase of AI data centre at YTLP's Kulai DC park is being funded by Nvidia, I did refer to the GPU part. Typically for AI data centre, the developer like YTLP charges hyperscalers who rent the facilities at USD3.00-4.00 per hour per GPU, i,e. the developer constructs the data centre and pays for the GPUs then recovers the costs from the monthly rentals collected from hyperscalers who rent the facilities.

But in the case of Nvidia at Kulai, I understand that the arrangement is slightly different in that Nvidia is likely to fund the costs of GPUs which are to be supplied from Nvidia itself and pay a lower rental rate to YTL Power for the other facilities provided at the Kulai DC park (land, power and water supply, construction costs etc.). But it may be the case that follows the norm in which YTLP charges similar rental rate of USD per hour per GPU, but based on a special price for Nvidia GPUs.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz