Be the first to like this.

15 comment(s). Last comment by duitKWSPkita 2015-05-13 22:46

Sunkist118

999 posts

Posted by Sunkist118 > 2015-05-13 18:20 | Report Abuse

Malaysia is ranked 52nd in Math and Science behind.....Thailand (47), Kazakstan (49) and Iran (51).
Can you believe we are behind Iran....I didn't even know Iran got education.....aiyo. Aiyoyo

calvintaneng

54,646 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-05-13 18:39 | Report Abuse

It's like this

ENGLISH IS THE LINGUA FRANCA ON PLANET EARTH FOR THE NEXT 50 YEARS OR MORE

ALL LATEST CUTTING EDGE KNOWLEDGE COMES BY WAY OF ENGLISH INFORMATION HIGHWAY

The Nations That Use English To Teach Maths & Science Will Come Out Ahead.

Just Imagine

The Fastest Way by Road is Through the PLUS NORTH SOUTH HIGHWAY

Over 800KM Long

If You travel by the 2 lanes state roads you will progress much slower.

And if you are the backward aborigines or sakai of Malaysia who still use the well beaten jungle foot paths you will take many weeks to walk from Johor to the Thai Border.

Taking Maths * Science out of English Medium of instruction is like Leaving The Plus Highway and travelling through those 2 track state roads.

DPM Muhyiddin should immediately revert teaching of Maths & Science from Malay to English.

Is Malaysia getting back to the INFORMATION HIGHWAY or regress further to walk like the aborigines walking and wandering in native languages?

Put aside race and religion if you want true progress

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-05-13 18:49 | Report Abuse

Maths and science best to use English as medium of instruction! The rich folks can afford to send their children to international schools! Hence the future always belongs to the privilege! It's pointless to blame government, it's the parents that request bahasa to be used! You want best education for your children, you need to pay a premium!

Sunkist118

999 posts

Posted by Sunkist118 > 2015-05-13 18:53 | Report Abuse

Ya Lor.....Our Beloved BM got no terms to use for the Math and Science and end up using English word convert to BM but the experience and senior teachers don't know how to use the term. Die lor. ...kazakstan also beat us

Sunkist118

999 posts

Posted by Sunkist118 > 2015-05-13 18:59 | Report Abuse

Lee Kuan Yew already know this long time ago lor. But truth is English is 3rd most spoke language after chinese and Spanish but but their vocab is the best.....they incorporate Greek...where most math are from solidifying its base

calvintaneng

54,646 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-05-13 19:26 | Report Abuse

Correct!

English has lots of Greek & also latin root words.

I studied Greek for 4 years.

Greek is a very precise language.

Lots of medical words are from greek

Like Anthropology - from Greek word anthrophos the Study of Man

Kardia is a transliterated as Cardiac as in Cardiology - The Study of The Heart.

Another Greek word "Seismos" which is translated as earthquake. The Study of earthquake is Seismology.

And the most exact thing about greek is the definite article called the.

The man in greek is "ton" man. Ton is ""The" in masculine gender

The Woman in Greek is "Ten" Woman. Ten is "The" in feminine gender.

The Thing In Greek is "To" Thing. To is "the" in neuter gender.

So in Greek they use To for Thing, Ton for Man and Ten for woman.

When translated into English the definite article "the" is the same as "the".

So Greek is a Very Precise Language.

And not only that Greek alphabet has a numeric number for each alphabet from alpha to omega.

Same for latin

Example

i is One

ii is Two

iii is Three

v is 5

x is 10

xi is 11

The other language more precise than Greek is Hebrew. This one got strange letter like "dargesh forte"

Try learning Hebrew? There are 80 words for the word kill "qatal".

"Kill" alone got 80 different words. Ha! I gave up Hebrew Language or I kena killed.

English is the best in unlocking all the languages of the world for easy reception.

So English is the Way Forward.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-05-13 19:28 | Report Abuse

Calvin! You are right! Most of science language are latin!

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-05-13 19:31 | Report Abuse

Problem is, majority are not incline towards culture of maths and science! Too busy with religious issues!

Sunkist118

999 posts

Posted by Sunkist118 > 2015-05-13 19:57 | Report Abuse

Soon the new generation with speak BM like English as more and more words are borrowed fr inggeris....

imoogi99

1,640 posts

Posted by imoogi99 > 2015-05-13 22:22 | Report Abuse

The report is wrong....we are not ranked 52nd. In fact we are ranked 25th ie counting starts from below. After all our minister did said that our education is the best/top in the world mah.

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-05-13 22:27 | Report Abuse

fortunebullz..

my science and math nt very bad lo.... My Math got SPM C and Scence got PASS.............. not so bad ma

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-05-13 22:39 | Report Abuse

Duit! It does not matter you get A or D in maths and science! Plenty of D out there far richer than those arm with degree in maths and science!

Ntpboon

664 posts

Posted by Ntpboon > 2015-05-13 22:41 | Report Abuse

越南排在第12,马来西亚排在52。
曾几何时,越南是个战乱国家,马来西亚天然资源丰富、也没战争,
为何如此落后?真是可悲可叹!

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-05-13 22:44 | Report Abuse

Nah! This is one of those topic that get everybody hot about for couple of days or weeks! Then as usually NATO back to square one! Look, you should only care about your own children! If you want the best education, it going to cost you! Send them to international school! As for our national school, just give it a miss! Government did implement English as medium of instruction for few years but the teachers are not up to standard and the students simply not intelligent or incline enough! I sent my son to Singapore for his education, i don't give a damn about others children!

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-05-13 22:46 | Report Abuse

abang fortunebullz....

rich in wealth alone outdated...must rich in intellectual and civilisation .....then the community only can become stronger

Post a Comment
Market Buzz