MALAYAN BANKING BHD

KLSE (MYR): MAYBANK (1155)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.04 (0.37%)

Day's Change

10.64 - 10.76

Trading Volume

38 people like this.

23,264 comment(s). Last comment by pang72 17 hours ago

Posted by Hrimfaxi0099 > 2021-03-11 23:20 | Report Abuse

@Zackmeiser :if anyone can come out with fundamental ratios and earnings.

This is my valuation for maybank

2009 = i take the price & valuation on 16/3/2009, represent the worst valuation ratio of maybank can go within US Subprime mortgage crisis.

2018 = i take the price & valuation on 24/10/2018,represent the highest valuation ratio of maybank can go after US Subprime mortgage crisis.

2021 = the current valuation.

2009 2018 2021

NTA 4.44 6.76 7.51
DIV 0.2 0.55 0.52
price 3.6 10.8 8.55
P/B 0.81 1.60 1.14
D/Y 5.6% 5.1% 6.1%

Non-Performing Loans 3.60% 2.11% 2.02%
Net Interest Margin 2.50% 2.36% 2.15%
CET 1 8.13% 14.19% 14.73%
Loan Growth 16.40% 4.0% 4.0%
OPR Rate 2% 3.25% 1.75%

if you compare the History P/B 0.81~1.60, we are on 1.14 now, which is still below 50% of history P/B (the median P/B is 1.20),the share price now is still consider safe.

although the Net interest margin is getting lower, but the CET 1 and Non-Performing Loans ratio is getting really good.

from the fundamental side, Maybank deserve little bit higher P/B just because better capital adequacy & dividend yield.(although the current mainstream valuation style is future earning)

And i expecting maybank can get higher P/B when finance news headline start showing "Economy reopen" > "Inflation" > "market expect centre bank move up interest rate"

1) when we all get vaccinated, banking stock outlook is become better when economy reopen

2) then the market is expecting big inflation will going to happen after we get vaccinated. inflation is good news for bank.

3) The US 10 year treasury yield is keep going up and now stand above 1.5%. (now US banking stock share price is already keep going up)

this 2,3 event will make market start to “expect" and guessing when the FED will going move up the interest rate, (when the FED move up rate , all the remain countries include malaysia will follow to move up interest rate),

move up interest rate = banking stock get better profit
move down interest rate = banking stock missing profit

market "expect" center bank move up interest rate = banking stock price goes up.

but i don't need FED really move up interest rate , i just need "market expectation" to push up the banking stock outlook for me.

even i miss all my anticipation , and this is just my imagination :D,
consider i entry the stock when P/B 1.14 & DY 6%,i have nothing to lose if nothing happen. (actually my average cost is around RM7.50)

sorry for my bad english, and this is my first time to invest banking stock, my plan might be totally wrong for how to invest in banking stock, please correct me if i am wrong.

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-11 23:59 | Report Abuse

Hrimfaxi0099 : just my opinion... i dont usually care what the fundamentals are ( ok.. i care moderately).. but my determining factor was .. all those people holding above my entry price.. they cant sell without injury financially and have to wait for the recovery.. hence myprice was lower and i had just sold two counters which had double limit up.. so my concern was those two counters were not organically shares with much potential and hence i had a pile of cash. looking at safe bets and PD and unit truct,,,, nothing caught my fance,, so only counters that were still low were PBB & MBB. ANd i went 90 % all in with the cash, anD IT DID GO LOWER BY 30 SEN PER SHARE, I toook in MBB & PBB as safe bets that i dont have to monitor always.. just let it go on auto mode and just pocket the divvy, It turns the goreng stocks were ( as of today) lost much valur ( although they were invested by epf). so what u did there is appriaciated and u honestly did ur due deligence,,,but sisncei am lazy, i just use logic. SO bottomline is IF this counter went bust,,, LOTS of thers will die worse than me (financially). Anyways i sleep easy , Thought my money doent work very hard for me, it is still giving e decent Captal growth and divvy. ONE MORE THING u did miss out or didnt consider was the annual divvy ands up to half ringgit... hence every 2 yrs u have to conside adding theat value as ur cap growth ,,, just as approximatio.. so if ur value decreases by 1 ringgit in 4 yrs .. u still make a ringgit gain.. and u get to enjoy ur life.. excuse my rant.. got nothing else to do... my money is in safe hands, Asan after thought, if any sector recovers, it will aid in financial stocks recovery too.

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-12 00:00 | Report Abuse

OPR will go up eventually in Malaysia cos epf, kpap, tanung hj and asn all need the divvy to survive, SO just DO IT,

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-12 00:02 | Report Abuse

expecting DRIP at 8.00 to 8.20 in April...hope for the best

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2021-03-12 08:06 | Report Abuse

Biden will direct states to make all adults eligible for Covid vaccine by May 1

(PUBLISHED THU, MAR 11 20216:30 PM ESTUPDATED THU, MAR 11 20216:51 PM EST)

~ President Joe Biden is set to announce that he will direct states to make all adults eligible for the Covid vaccines by May 1.

~ Biden in his first primetime address to the nation is also expected to say that Americans should be able to gather in small groups to celebrate the Fourth of July.

~ The speech comes hours after Biden signed into law the $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill, which he had strongly pushed during his first 50 days in office.

WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden is set to announce Thursday evening that he will direct states to make all adults eligible for the Covid vaccines by May 1.

Biden, in his first primetime address to the nation, is also expected to say that Americans should be able to gather in small groups to celebrate the Fourth of July, a senior administration official told reporters Thursday.

“He will be clear that that does not mean large events where lots of people gather, but it does mean that we can once again have an independence day with small gatherings and celebrations,” the official told reporters ahead of the speech.

“And that’s a big step in the right direction,” the official added. “We believe that if we do our part we’ll be in a much better place by Independence Day, and we can start to resume more of our normal activities.”

Biden’s address is scheduled for just after 8 p.m. ET, and will be broadcast from the East Room of the White House. The speech is expected to last less than 20 minutes.

The primetime event comes hours after Biden signed into law the $1.9 trillion Covid relief bill, which he had aggressively pushed Congress to pass during his first 50 days in office.

Biden’s remarks come as the United States administered a record number of vaccines over the weekend. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention administered 2.9 million vaccines on Saturday, a record, and 2.4 million on Sunday, according to the agency’s latest tally. The numbers are subject to revisions as more data becomes available to public health officials.

Cont...

## https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/11/covid-vaccine-biden-will-direct-states-to-make-all-adults-eligible-by-may-1.html

-------------------------Great Great Booster News--------------------------------

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-12 08:45 | Report Abuse

Most probably see some red numbers temporarily in today's session

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-12 08:57 | Report Abuse

who wants to bet today no red numbers done at all/. place your bets.........before the bell pls....

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-12 09:23 | Report Abuse

congratulation.. red already!!!

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-12 09:23 | Report Abuse

wonder if i have links/?

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-12 14:39 | Report Abuse

yes.. .going redder and lower... sowhick joker insists on buying higher is a wiser move?

quoted:
tollebunsmith Most probably see some red numbers temporarily in today's session
12/03/2021 8:45 AM

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-12 14:43 | Report Abuse

THose doing white hair analysis becareful u dont mix up holding foreign currency as it can be Italian Lira... not USD... buy on dips... the more the dip the better the buy.. not the higher the buy ... " ooh eventually it will get there"

Zackmeiser

309 posts

Posted by Zackmeiser > 2021-03-12 18:02 | Report Abuse

I understand the market expectation but we are far from over in terms of economy recovery. Alot of SME still enjoying moratorium. While i agree on dividend yield is good, the growth part is what i am concern as for now. I would prefer to invest in a company that can grow, with decent dividend albeit not superb 8% a year or so. Probably 8-8.5 is acceptable price and Investing now is purely dividend play. That said, no harm having maybank as your financial exposure. Once i am satisfied with my return from other counters i will park my money here as well. Hopefully before rate hikes.

vanbasten9

1,143 posts

Posted by vanbasten9 > 2021-03-13 09:55 | Report Abuse

Wonder why maybank drop these 2 days

vanbasten9

1,143 posts

Posted by vanbasten9 > 2021-03-13 09:56 | Report Abuse

Maybank getting lousy, tan sri teh lousiest

kfbusjd

666 posts

Posted by kfbusjd > 2021-03-13 12:16 | Report Abuse

relax la, rise from 8.0 something to 8.55 non stop, now need rest a bit la, then fly again.

stkoay

6,383 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2021-03-13 12:43 | Report Abuse

Queued to buy at 8.42...but done at 8.40 after pre closing....saved 2 sen....haha

1invest1

1,467 posts

Posted by 1invest1 > 2021-03-13 19:21 | Report Abuse

@AllYouCanBuy
Please advise which would offer a better total/overall return - share price appreciation + dividends comparing MBB, PBB, and Genting Bhd if one wants to buy anytime in March and hold until 1) Jan 2022 and 2) Jan 2023. Thank you.

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-13 19:53 | Report Abuse

one has a degree the other has a kolej diploma u pgraded to degree.. wonder who is wh... zaman or teh tarik

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-13 20:02 | Report Abuse

To choose PBB /MBB/ GEN write down the 3 prices form a certain year to now... then check cap growth for each.. then do the same for dividend.. and lastly for each think what the future it is positive forecast urself which counter ha special privalages and how well run or efficient and potential influences like politically direction and potential failures,,,, then decide for urself... cos most analyst or advicers have conflict of ntrest which we might not be aware ofor disclosed... and they will advice with certain bias.... who knows.. but u decide urself with historic data and assumtion ans u knopw this country better than any outsiders... and political will... weather country will have more songlapers...like AMBANK/... or donasi capale people... u decide and buy as ur heart says... BUT there is another check u can make.. most of the target price and forecast given by analyst these pas few years , u cna also compare and see weather they are right or wrong.. lets say recent 2020 report says BANK A target price is RMX.XX .. see if ihe can forecast accurately..if fluke.. dont paai.. if correct just double check with your own reasoning... this is the best fair advice ... anyone think not.. pls comment below this line. Thank you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RedEagle

3,194 posts

Posted by RedEagle > 2021-03-13 22:30 | Report Abuse

i~sinar will impact Bank due to lower application for loan and financing?

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2021-03-13 23:33 | Report Abuse

The Fed could be a catalyst for bonds, and that could drive growth stocks in week ahead

(PUBLISHED FRI, MAR 12 20215:26 PM EST)

~ The bond market is once more the wild card for the stock market. It could rein in any gains in tech or growth stocks if yields continue to rise in the week ahead.

~ The Federal Reserve meets Tuesday and Wednesday. While it’s not expected to take any action, it could be a catalyst for a move in yields.

~ Value and cyclicals could continue to lead the market, as investors bet the vaccine rollout and fiscal stimulus will help the economy’s reopening.

Bonds could be volatile in the week ahead. If yields go higher, that could make it difficult for big tech and other growth stocks to gain traction.

Rising bond yields have been challenging growth stocks. Names like Apple, Tesla, and Amazon have been lagging as investors move to cyclical groups that do well in an economic recovery. Even so, the S&P 500 and the Dow both closed at record highs Friday, while the Nasdaq Composite was lower.

The Nasdaq, home to big tech, did gain 3% in the past week, but it is down 5.5% over the last month.

The bond market in the coming week will likely take its cues from the Federal Reserve, which meets Tuesday and Wednesday.

The central bank is expected to give a nod to much better growth. Bond pros are also watching to see whether Fed officials will tweak their interest rate outlook, which now does not include any rate hikes through 2023.

Fed ahead

“The markets have way too high expectations around what the Fed is going to do or say,” said Gregory Peters, head of multi-sector and strategy at PGIM Fixed Income. “I think the message is going to be consistent.”

He said Fed Chairman Jerome Powell is likely to sound dovish and is unlikely to give any time frames on when the central bank will change its bond-buying program or other policy.

Bond yields, which move opposite price, have been rising on an improving outlook for the economy.

That trade also showed up in the stock market, with the Dow up 4% for the week to end Friday at a record 32,778. Consumer discretionary stocks, which include retail, were among the best performers, up 5.7%, boosted by optimism that individuals will spend their $1,400 stimulus checks.

Yields were higher Friday after President Joe Biden said all adults would be eligible for a vaccine by May 1. The 10-year Treasury yield touched a high of 1.642% — its highest level in more than a year.

It is the key rate to watch since it affects mortgages and other consumer and business loans.

“The economy is going to be unbelievably strong this year — deficit spending, reopening, vaccines,” said Peters of PGIM.

“It looks like for next year, all the numbers are being revised higher,” he said. “So this thing could have some sustainable growth, so I think there’s going to be pressure on rates moving higher.”

Bond yields rose sharply over the past month. The rapid pace of the move has made stocks jittery as investors adjust to higher rates. The 10-year Treasury yield was at 1.16% on Feb. 12.

Growth vs. cyclicals

Over the last month, energy stocks have risen nearly 20%, financial stocks are up 10.2%, and industrials are up 7%. The S&P technology sector is down 5.4% over the last month, and communications services, which includes internet names was up 0.8%.

Higher rates are a challenge for tech and other growth stocks because those shares are expensive and have high price-earnings ratios.

“When rates are very low, valuations don’t matter to people,” said Peter Boockvar, chief investment officer at Bleakley Global Advisors.

“If rates are low, there’s no penalty,” he said. “If rates start to go up, people become much more sensitive to valuations, and that’s what we’ve seen here.”

Scott Redler, partner with T3live.com, follows short-term stock market technicals and trades many of the growth stocks. Lately, however, he’s found himself sitting in many value names and cyclicals.

## https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/12/the-fed-could-be-a-catalyst-for-bonds-and-that-could-drive-growth-stocks-in-week-ahead.html

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2021-03-13 23:34 | Report Abuse

Seem like market next week will continue uptrend...

Cheers...

Posted by MickeyLimitUp > 2021-03-14 23:04 | Report Abuse

It is uptrending now.. this week will be bank and glove play.

tean2020

218 posts

Posted by tean2020 > 2021-03-14 23:15 | Report Abuse

When somebody say like that in many place . It’s fishy ! SELL SELL SELL !

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2021-03-15 08:24 | Report Abuse

Dow futures rise as stocks point to strong open on Monday

(PUBLISHED SUN, MAR 14 20216:02 PM EDTUPDATED SUN, MAR 14 20217:42 PM EDT)

U.S. stock futures moved higher in overnight trading and pointed to gains at the open on Monday, continuing last week’s rally that led the Dow and S&P 500 to record highs.

Dow futures rose 120 points. S&P 500 futures gained 0.25% and Nasdaq 100 futures rose 0.2%.

Stocks rose last week with the Dow Jones Industrial Average rising 4% and the S&P 500 gaining 2.6%. The S&P 500 and the Dow both closed at record highs Friday.

The Nasdaq Composite advanced 3% last week, despite a sell-off on Friday spurred by rising interest rates. The jump in bond yields has challenged growth stocks in recent weeks and sent investors into cyclical pockets of the market. The Nasdaq is up less than 1% this month, while the Dow and S&P are up 6% and 3.5%, respectively.

The U.S. 10-year Treasury hit its highest level in more than a year on Friday. The benchmark Treasury note reached 1.642%, its highest level since February 2020.

The small-cap benchmark Russell 2000 surged more than 7% last week as investors rotated into smaller stocks that benefit from a sharp economic comeback.

Last week, investors cheered the $1.9 trillion stimulus package that President Joe Biden signed into law. The IRS started processing $1,400 direct payments on Friday and checks started hitting bank accounts over the weekend. The bill will also put nearly $20 billion into Covid-19 vaccinations and $350 billion into state, local and tribal government relief.

Investors will be gearing up for Tuesday and Wednesday’s Federal Open Market Committee meeting where the Federal Reserve will deliver its decision on interest rates. The bond market in the coming week will likely take its cues from the Federal Reserve.

The central bank is expected to acknowledge much better growth in the economy. Bond pros are also watching to see whether Fed officials will tweak their interest rate outlook, which now does not include any rate hikes through 2023.

Goldman Sachs chief economist David Kostin told clients on Sunday that he expects interest rates to continue to rise in the coming months and investors will have to “continually grapple with the anxiety about economic overheating and Fed tightening.”

On the vaccine front, Biden announced last week that he would direct states to make all adults eligible for the vaccine by May 1. Biden also set a goal for Americans to be able to gather in person with their friends and loved ones in small groups to celebrate the Fourth of July.

## https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/14/dow-futures-rise-as-stocks-point-to-strong-open-on-monday.html

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2021-03-15 08:25 | Report Abuse

Foresee market continue to surge further...

Cheers...

EAGLE

386 posts

Posted by EAGLE > 2021-03-15 12:25 | Report Abuse

when is ex date?

Posted by traintobullland > 2021-03-16 00:41 | Report Abuse

not yet announced, will probably announce soon

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-16 09:59 | Report Abuse

we want the price to be as low as possible until the the dates are announced..

Posted by loneranger3211 > 2021-03-16 17:55 | Report Abuse

Finally get slightly lower price and bought some.

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2021-03-16 18:13 | Report Abuse

Covid-19: Malaysia’s daily new infections drop further to 1,063

(theedgemarkets.com / March 16, 2021 16:34 pm +08)

## https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/covid19-malaysias-daily-new-infections-drop-further-1063

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2021-03-16 18:13 | Report Abuse

very soon below 1k liao...

kfbusjd

666 posts

Posted by kfbusjd > 2021-03-16 23:03 | Report Abuse

meeting is on 15 april, 1 more month to declare dividend date.

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-17 07:09 | Report Abuse

quote:
kfbusjd meeting is on 15 april, 1 more month to declare dividend date.
16/03/2021 11:03 PM

your source?

jeffchan1901

1,402 posts

Posted by jeffchan1901 > 2021-03-17 19:15 | Report Abuse

actually its teh same with Tenaga before.. they delayed in announcing the ex date for dividend... Tenaga price sluggish.... after announcing seems more energetic.... however wonder why the price dropped.. anyone has any ideas?

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 09:06 | Report Abuse

fishyfishy : tqvm, i overlooked bursa announcements..

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 09:08 | Report Abuse

jeffchan1901 : i dont have proof... but usually sell orders from big funds... where they have sold earlier at a higher price and wants to seek greener pastures or switch funds,,, maybe they know some things we dont.... like songlapers and dirty monies... who knows...but as long as we win... thats all that matters... right,,, good luck.

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 09:11 | Report Abuse

jeffchan1901 : and another thing , since you are so observant, why dont u give real life examples of actual drops or rises after the announcement dates and declaration dates and the relation to the price movements , weather up or down,,, in summary form, WE will believe you than those analyst with hidden motives and dirty agenda.

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 09:45 | Report Abuse

@jeffchan1901
@fishyfishy
@Keyman188
@vanbasten9 ( zam kalah teh menang)

Anyone can see the DRIP price or forecast it? very anxious... thanks in advance.

smallkid91

518 posts

Posted by smallkid91 > 2021-03-18 10:51 | Report Abuse

@jeffchan1901 tenaga is different. There's RP3 and MESI that have impacted tenaga's long term earnings and monopoly. That's like a re-rating.

Banks are the wrong counter to trade imo, so little volatility. These are more like savings/dividend stocks lol.

gankc2011

103 posts

Posted by gankc2011 > 2021-03-18 13:17 | Report Abuse

Leading Bank in Malaysia with substantial market shares in Singapore and Indonesia. Dividend payout as always failed to disappoint. Looking forward to final dividend 38.4 cents soon. Cheers.

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 16:01 | Report Abuse

closing today... 8.32 -8.36 range
...... just my wild guess....

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 16:02 | Report Abuse

actually those holding a lot are retail investore holding 100k shares... hopefully they come out to support or to supress.. either way is good... as long as not stagnent

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 16:03 | Report Abuse

If not red today.... wait for tomorrow... must close red for them to get lower price

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 16:04 | Report Abuse

what is good for the goose is good for the gender

stkoay

6,383 posts

Posted by stkoay > 2021-03-18 22:46 | Report Abuse

Financial leading gain in US....banks are sharply higher.

tollebunsmith

4,277 posts

Posted by tollebunsmith > 2021-03-18 22:53 | Report Abuse

dow 33k..... hopefully bursa closes red tomorrow, we dont a breakout... let klse sink

apprentice

789 posts

Posted by apprentice > 2021-03-19 00:03 | Report Abuse

tolle,

Let me entertain you.

Price will drop during the 5 day price fixing for DRP.

DRP price will be below 7.80.

Thereafter the price will increase to entice shareholders to subscribe the DRP.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz