CHEMICAL COMPANY OF MALAYSIA

KLSE (MYR): CCM (2879)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

3 people like this.

659 comment(s). Last comment by winlast 2021-06-17 14:29

aiman168

799 posts

Posted by aiman168 > 2014-06-25 10:49 | Report Abuse

ini kaunter i collect div saja

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-07-16 15:08 | Report Abuse

Your company makes fertilizers and sell to TH Plantations and Sime Darby Plantations, and you are an affiliate company of both of these companies. How come they do so well and you don't?
There must be something wrong with the operation internally, how come they do well and you don't?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-07-24 09:27 | Report Abuse

Malaysia has so must palm oil plantations, you are selling fertilizers and you are losing money. A piece of kind advice is " Maybe you should be thinking that you are not as good as you thought you are."

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-07-24 21:41 | Report Abuse

This counter is undergoing "Puasa" at the moment. Hopefully, it knows how to cut down its fats and start building up muscles. We hope to see such an old company invigorates as soon as possible. Sometimes I just hope the new generations can do better than the older generations by bringing more younger generations people into this company.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-07-30 11:54 | Report Abuse

CCM's previous chairman said this year that their business model is sustainability. I guess he means keep investing in capital expenditure and somehow everything will make money by itself.
When you have very rich parent then you can afford to do things without thinking of "PROFITABILITY". This is a company that generates huge revenue but very low profitability. What will happen in the future is, borrowing cost will kick in. Investment must be rational, you are not producing enough profits then why do you invest in a lot of production capacity to choke yourself. Investment that does not take into account of market conditions, company's health, and profitability is useless. You buy what you can afford, you don't just invest and invest but you can not make money. How are you going to pay off the debts in the future. I know you have very rich parents with a lot past inheritance. Even if that is so, you also must act rationally. It is time to increase fertiliser sellin price! The plantations counters are doing so well but CCM is still swimming in the longkang.

Posted by uchitech008 > 2014-08-07 09:47 | Report Abuse

I think today is tongkat ali. cheers

alpacino

385 posts

Posted by alpacino > 2014-08-07 11:00 | Report Abuse

Wonder why it is up today after such a loooooong slumber ? Anyone any idea ?

Posted by uchitech008 > 2014-08-07 11:32 | Report Abuse

price rises with high volume, something good is coming.

alpacino

385 posts

Posted by alpacino > 2014-08-07 11:44 | Report Abuse

Uchitech008 - hope so it will be uptrend with consistency rather then just one-off. Wonder if it has something to do with Quarter report ?

Posted by uchitech008 > 2014-08-07 11:56 | Report Abuse

hope it is not 1 day show.

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-08-08 01:41 | Report Abuse

: )

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-08-14 12:49 | Report Abuse

If you read their Annual Report 2013, the report will tell you that business conditions are challenging for a lot of their businesses such as fertilizers, glove raw materials, chemicals for water. The only bright spot is pharmaceuticals. The company kept saying in the last few years that they are doing their best to restructure their businesses. They just need one-time bright ideas or plans to turn the company around. They kept saying that all their problems are external factors. Maybe they should also look internal also. Are they initiating enough changes internally because this is a very old company and more things need to be change.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-08-15 09:49 | Report Abuse

CCM needs one swift change...one big change...it has to become more competitive in a few years so that it can survive in the long run. You can not be good in everything and have the money to support everything. Good thing is management has realized this. In the Annual Report 2013, management have mentioned a lot of time their strategy is : on one hand they are trying very hard to make better products for consumers to buy and while on the other hand find ways to keep cost under control. I don't know what to say, I just hope they do better and better next year and in the future years. But swift change....is imminent.....

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-08-15 09:52 | Report Abuse

Why don't you split up CCM into 2 companies, focus all your resources on two big areas, sell off the rest of your businesses that does not have so good long term prospect to pare down debts.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-08-22 17:48 | Report Abuse

This stock's Net Tangible Asset per share stood at RM1.77 but it is now only trading at RM1.13 per share. Both PNB and TH owns approximately 75 percent of total shares. This is the cheapest counter managed by the two government linked financial houses. This share also underperformed the market for the last 5 years. Is this the kind of management quality we should expect from both of these agencies? The improvement is taking too long to materialize! I just can not believe in myself now? Is this Malaysia standard? I think PM Najib will not like this to happen too! I think CCM needs a revamp too.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-08-22 22:36 | Report Abuse

I believe in CCM because the company is supplying what Malaysia and the other Asean countries needing the most: medicines, fertilizers, water chemicals, and other rubber chemicals. For this reason, its business will turn around someday. I hope the process can be quicken if management pays attention to efficiency. Furthermore, it is trading at a price that is a lot lesser than its nta per shares, meaning it can be bought for long term play. There are not many government counters that are still selling at RM1.13 per shares. Let us be realistic!

eddie168

17 posts

Posted by eddie168 > 2014-08-23 19:02 | Report Abuse

Look like big good news is coming ahead, let's see

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-08-25 16:52 | Report Abuse

eddie168, Take my advice, don't speculate! I think a lot of people are dying to know what is wrong with CCM. In one day, the share price went from rm1.11 to rm1.24 and after a few days it went from rm 1.24 back to rm1.11. Even though CCM is a very old company, it still can amused people!

eddie168

17 posts

Posted by eddie168 > 2014-08-27 15:35 | Report Abuse

QReport out, Revenue up, Net Profit down. 4 cents dividen! Yield is okay.

eddie168

17 posts

Posted by eddie168 > 2014-08-27 15:41 | Report Abuse

Kian Leong Lim, thx for advice. There's a "rumour" in the market, yet to be finalized, personally I'll just hold it for now. tq

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-08-27 16:18 | Report Abuse

eddie168 where did not get the information that QReport out, Revenue up, Net Profit down. 4 cents dividen? How come I did not find this in the Bursa website? What is the rumor? Do you mind telling me?

eddie168

17 posts

Posted by eddie168 > 2014-08-27 22:02 | Report Abuse

Sorry Kian Leong Lim, my fault, ignore that pls. Tq

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-08-28 21:23 | Report Abuse

don't worry eddie 168, CCM is still an iconic stock is Malaysia. The company has 30% of fertilizer market share.

alpacino

385 posts

Posted by alpacino > 2014-08-30 18:46 | Report Abuse

Not good 2nd Qtr results. Getting worse. Should sell off Chemical & Fertiliser Division immediately.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-09-03 12:37 | Report Abuse

It appears that CCM is a stock that nobody wants. That is why its price is so low at Rm1.08 buy 600. Someone is deliberately keeping the share price so low as this counter has become so unattractive that there is no point pushing it up.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-09-04 10:47 | Report Abuse

All the directors are nonexecutive and independent, don't know how they will be able to get CCM out of its problems now. I took a look at the management structure on the annual report 2012~2013. I didn't find a top manager that is reponsible for the fertilizer division. How can this happens? Do you see what is wrong with this company? How could they tolerate this fact for so long! Considering the fertilizer division contributes to the majority of the company's revenue, they didn't even have a top manager that specializes in fertilizers. I thought this is a chemical company, but most of the people who holds top jobs in the company are mostly lawyers. How come?

alpacino

385 posts

Posted by alpacino > 2014-09-12 14:00 | Report Abuse

CCM restructuring is imminent - am sure MD Leonard Ariff will do the right strategy and dispose non core business to others.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-09-26 09:04 | Report Abuse

Their problem is they are not able to raise prices for fertilizers and chemicals. Their products are so common and there are a lot of suppliers producing the same type of products. In fact, they have to increase the quality of their products constantly to retain customers---this increases cost. However, there have earned a reputation of being trustworthy throughout the many years of operations. People still trust their products which are price reasonably but this is hurting bottomline or profitability when cost of operation increases over time. I don't blame employees or management. But I just hope that they now realize that they need to bring in more people with ingenuity on board---people who can make a difference for them in the long term---they have to confront reality (understand their current business environment first) and be able to make changes that can enhance their operations. As investors, what we first should look for is what they will be doing to improve long-term sustainability not share price. Share price is secondary thing, it is only the by-product of improvement.

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-09-26 10:19 | Report Abuse

There are only two outcomes in a business or life, either good or bad, but Allah, by being kind, is giving you 3 ways to make money:
(1) Increase the price of your products,
(2) Lower the cost of your productions,
(3) Innovate or sell products that nobody is selling.
If you fail, this is unforgivable!!!!!!!!
Which of the 3 do you think it is easy for you to achieve now, do it quickly, or else
you won't be able to exist the next 10 years as cost of doing business (interest rate) will keep on going up year after year, this is reality, the fittest survive, and the weak or slow to learn will be thrown into hell and burn up in fire!

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-09-26 11:15 | Report Abuse

Do you know why there are only two outcomes in a business or life, either good or bad? The reason is Allah wants you (or is forcing us) to choose sensibly, to train you to be a smart person or good person over time (because we will perish if we choose a bad path). Let us not be sentimental about life. Allah makes this world a place full of challenges for a reason---the almighty is training everyone in this world to be useful and productive but over time. The only thing we need to do is to choose sensibly based on reality. It is reality that dictates our future plans and so if you don't know what to do---please consult reality. And if you need the methods to carried out the plans, consult the management book, ok! There is no need to be a genius to be successful in life.

alpacino

385 posts

Posted by alpacino > 2014-09-29 17:08 | Report Abuse

Spot on Kian Leong Lim.

blackdove

334 posts

Posted by blackdove > 2014-10-01 08:50 | Report Abuse

Holding one lot of CCM representing holding how many lot(share) of CCMDBIO?

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-01 11:08 | Report Abuse

Even in their best of time in the past, this company only made around 15 cent per share. They started to acquired new businesses and build new factories always at the peak of their best performance (always when the good economy was at this best performance also). The problem is something good (peak moment) doesn't last ever. Before they even can make money from new investments (that takes few years materialize), market already turned sour. In this case, they are always the guy with a mediocre grade or poor grade. The right thing to do is: New investments should be purchased when market is down, everything cost you cheaper and you will be able to make profits when the market turns around. The heros of the past or old management are the culprits, not the new mananagement right now. Their problem now is they had been doing things the opposite way. The price at RM1.10 is too cheap for such a company but the risk is their businesses are very uninspiring. For CCMDBIO, annual net profit only around RM32 million a year. But look, total equity = total assets-total liability. CCM's total equity is 935 million (reserve + minority+outstanding shares). You are using 935 million to make what? Total net profit of 11 million per year (after selling a piece a property for 74.8 million). Don't count on pharmachetical division, this kind of business takes a long time to develop drugs that cost a lot of money. That is why they form a lot of joint ventures and try to keep cost down. This kind of business can not grow very fast, brother.

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2014-10-24 16:26 | Report Abuse

................duitKWSPkita eyeing CCM for short term investment.................

Dear Fighters,

As usual I will select silent stocks to put under my watch list. Today I would like to call upon this silent counter -CCM for short term investment. Considering the global market is too volatile you may start to trade when the market is back to normal.

Happy trading!

Posted by Kian Leong Lim > 2014-10-28 10:46 | Report Abuse

Ebola! If it spread to Malaysia, it will be a deadly disease just like this counter! The short term is stagnant and the long term is feeble.

Mohd Iqbal

266 posts

Posted by Mohd Iqbal > 2015-03-26 19:14 | Report Abuse

why a sudden price increase today? CCMDBIO also increase a lot. Anything to do with the sale of pharmaceutical related companies to CCMDBIO?

Bunny

23 posts

Posted by Bunny > 2015-09-03 14:20 | Report Abuse

how closing of factory will affect this company ?

Posted by birkincollector > 2015-11-26 23:23 | Report Abuse

nice results, great chart, should go to at least 1.12

domperrier

352 posts

Posted by domperrier > 2015-12-30 19:42 | Report Abuse

I played & earned profit from many rounds on this counter, since EPF's massive disposals in late 2012 & early 2013. After selling too early in Feb this year, I re-entered in Aug @ 91c to collect the latest dividend.

Now, I'm holding for a looooong time :D

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-03-05 16:03 | Report Abuse

this quarter already fully impaired? No more impairment next quarter?

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2016-03-05 16:05 | Report Abuse

what is the "other investment " ccm acquired this yr?

Posted by Raghu Nath Sharma > 2016-08-16 21:29 | Report Abuse

I have been holding for several years and have seen my investment losing more than
half its value.I still think good days will come again.So I bought more today at 84 sen

Posted by tradminator > 2016-08-17 15:43 | Report Abuse

wait and see qr report result

Posted by tradminator > 2016-08-18 17:08 | Report Abuse

so fast start engine?

NavinShah

301 posts

Posted by NavinShah > 2016-08-31 08:04 | Report Abuse

At one time it was a blue chip. After local people takenover this
company it has become a penny stock.

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2017-01-31 10:48 | Report Abuse

开门红

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2017-02-03 08:46 | Report Abuse

dun sell to soon, dividend yield still got 4.3%

Posted by Uphallee Maniam > 2017-02-16 12:58 | Report Abuse

Twice the price support at 1.20. It looks like it will go up further in couple of days.

Posted by chinkeong88 > 2017-03-07 21:04 | Report Abuse

The price trend very stable.. look I need to be patient n keep waiting till rm2

Posted by shunfeng2032 > 2017-03-19 20:14 | Report Abuse

selling rm300 millions worth of land to pare down debts will save CCM 8.5 millions a quarter. together with pharma, chemical, polymer biz profits minus cease operation of loss making fertilizer biz. CCM will see profits before tax of at least 100 millions annually. At 1.45, it is the cheapest Pharma company in malaysia.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz