CSC STEEL HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): CSCSTEL (5094)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.01 (0.82%)

Day's Change

1.23 - 1.23

Trading Volume

9 people like this.

4,156 comment(s). Last comment by ChunWong93 3 weeks ago

yeekarwai 95

3,967 posts

Posted by yeekarwai 95 > 2017-02-06 10:44 | Report Abuse

kesiannya!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-06 11:11 | Report Abuse

Raider already told stockmammy...to be caution....bcos csc had an extended run up previously....if choobee don follow & confirm the upside by moving up too, something is wrong & need to becareful loh....!!

HuatRex

2,617 posts

Posted by HuatRex > 2017-02-06 11:24 | Report Abuse

look at Annjoo, now at 2.41, this cscstel still at 2.06, and drop everyday

yawcfd

142 posts

Posted by yawcfd > 2017-02-06 11:41 | Report Abuse

something goes wrong to quarterly result and dividend. watch out..

Sslee

6,229 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-02-06 11:52 | Report Abuse

Dear shareinvestor88,
I have no idea how to get invitation from KYY to attend his lecture but anyhow you can asses to his writing at www.koonyewyin.com.
Last year I am able to meet KYY thro’ Mr. Ooi Teik Bee. Since then we had become WhatsApp friend and KYY had WhatsApp me a lot of interesting articles, book recommendation and video.
To who interest to know my first meeting with Mr. Koon Yew Yin? I repost (25-12-2016) as bellow:

Dear all,
My wish that all can enjoy their popcorn and movie in the cinema together with their love one and family for this festive holiday sessions seem to be unfulfilled. Yes there are now a clash of Titans is this Forum between KYY and Kcchong. I always remind my people to be careful on what you wrote or said, write or say your message across clearly and politely then ever one will listen to your. But if you say it rudely or just want to score point or show off then surely you will get a rebuttal and worst you can never get thing done.
I had to admit that, I had just meet Mr. Koon Yee Yin recently, he proudly showed me a full library of all the Investment Guru Books and he had read them all. Mr. Koon is from my father generation where everything is on short supply thus he had to make things happen. Hence when opportunity knock he grab it with both hand with single minded to make it big. Of cause someone called it reckless but during that period opportunity is so rarely to come your way. He humbly term it his good luck but I had to say his good luck is 99% preparation meets 1% luck.
I said to him I like his political blog more than his investment blog for the reason his political blog is full with righteousness and calling out to our conscious to do something right to save our beloved Malaysia. As of his Gadang blog I told him, he should not keep contradict his recommendation in such a short period of time. I remember he reply he might have got the date wrong so I jokingly ask him how many grand children he has now. He started to count in his mind and earn a quick reprimand from his wife. I said to his wife, Mrs. Koon you should check thro’ his writing before he post it in his blog.
Yes when we get older sometime we get mix up with date, fact and figure if we do not keep a proper record. I only wish when I had reached his age my mind is still have the tenacity to keep learning daily and write daily.
It was a very pleasure meeting with such a great man and now we keep our contact through WhatsApp where we exchange interesting video and message.
Thank you Mr. Koon yew Yin, it an honor and privilege to meet both you and your wife.
You have inspired me to write my memoir update
1. Upholding integrity (which I will share in this post)
2. Doing the Right Thing Now (which I had share in this Forum view this morning)
Thank you.
As of Kcchong, I do not know him personally or meet him before but I know he mean good to protest the retail investor from losing money. Both of you are Great Sifu in I3 and I think the i3investor communities is big enough to welcome more Sifu to join in for the benefit of all. But let us all be mind full of the word we used.
It the spirit of this Merry Christmas let us pray to god for his blessing that we live a happy, healthy, and forgiving life and may year 2017 bring more prosperity to all. Amen.
http://chedet.cc/?p=2387#comment-136954
http://chedet.cc/?p=2387#comment-136930

Thank you.

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2017-02-06 11:59 | Report Abuse

Mostly all steel stocks up EXCEPT for this CSCSteel, the sale of treasury shares had never come in better timing.

KLCI King

3,220 posts

Posted by KLCI King > 2017-02-06 12:00 | Report Abuse

Stupid management

Sslee

6,229 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-02-06 12:06 | Report Abuse

Repost from comment on Mr. CP THE blog: My Mentor Mr. Koon Yew Yin (1-2-2017)
Dear all,
I think my last comment in i3 was on 18-1-2017: Blog Tun Mahathir Strikes Back.
Since Mr. Koon Yew Yin refrained from posting his investment blog in i3 which he often used harsh and provocation words/criticism on those held different views from him or have offended him. Thus in return attracted many angry and silly comments from i3 community. It had been relatively quiet and at time lacking that excitement of seeing the clash of personality in i3 blog. Since he is back with his three blogs on 29-1-2017, one on political blog and the other two on his share investment lecture he held on 26-1-2017 at his house.
I was there listening to his lecture, as usual to his true self he admitted he like to blow his own trumpet as he certainly earned it by his golden rule (I must make sure that the company can make more money in the current year than last year and its projected P/E ratio is less than 10) which had proven again and again in earning him extraordinary profit in share market. He believes in leverage on Margin Finance to make bigger profit as he invited the bankers to his lecture. (Note: The bankers have line up margin finance to the tune of many millions.) He is not afraid of margin call as he is buying uptrend share as such if he has to sell, he is still making profit.
The main takeaways from his lectures are: To make money during the crash was easy. All he needed was bravery and courage. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, that is to make extraordinary money during normal times which he had tried for many years with all the methods from all the investment Gurus Books he can lay his hand on but with little result. It is only the last 10 years that he found his secret recipe of making quick profit. His secret recipe is his share selection golden rule which he has elaborated in an article with the title “My Share Selection Golden Rule”.
And to be a true winner in share market, you have to be able to control your emotion such as fear and greed, your emotion to think logically. Most people cannot control their emotion to think logically. (I am very fortunate to have a chat with his neighbor during the dinner where he relate his personal life experience of how his family business was bankrupt during the Asian Financial Crisis 1997 and he just bought a one way ticket to USA and work illegally, holding two jobs for 10 years to make his first pot of gold and with that returned to Ipoh to start a small trading company but mostly earning a luxury living in share market. He earned his second bigger pot of gold during US Subprime Mortgage Crisis 2008 where he bought Citibank and AIA shares but with certain degree of regret that he sold the shares too early. Nowadays he trade shares thro’ his trusted personal Fund Manager because if he had to trade directly thro’ his own computer keyboard he cannot control his emotion thus he needs a second opinion to curtain his impulsive emotion)
Dear Mr. CP TEH,
I would not think any of the investment masters will have the time for mentorship as define in:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentorship
Anyhow many of the investment Gurus in i3 are readily sharing their diverse investment knowledge and methods for the benefit of all. It is up to individual what are the methods most suited them. Anyhow the parts that are the most difficult to acquire are the emotions? Do you have the required emotion discipline to become a Super-investor?
One participant rightly point out share market are full of pitfall as many syndicates manipulate the share price by pump and dump and the worst case are those insider owners that make fraud accounting in order to pump and dump thus even such an experience/veteran investors like Mr. Koon and Robert Kuok had also fallen into such pitfall before. Anyhow they just either hold on or move on without any loss of sleep or bitterness. That makes them a much better men then many of us who keep bemoaning loses no end and blaming and cursing those make the share recommendation without taking own responsibility that we make our own decision to buy the share willingly. Remember those punches that did not knock you out will make you stronger.
Please welcome back Mr. Koon Yew Yin for his very interest insight into his share selection golden rule that had proven to make extraordinary profit in share market.
(I think many people do miss him which is why this blog had attracted so many comments)

Wishing all a “Happy Chinese New Year, Gong Xi Fai Chai”. May the year of Rooster bring you and your family happiness, prosperity and good health.

http://chedet.cc/?p=2419#comment-137298
For whom that interest in knowing how I spend my CNY.

Yours truly,
SS LEE

chl1989

2,552 posts

Posted by chl1989 > 2017-02-06 14:50 | Report Abuse

which shark selling? sir otb ar? :)

Posted by Lim Sip Yee > 2017-02-06 15:04 | Report Abuse

when all selling, go buy but i dont know why i buy :3

chl1989

2,552 posts

Posted by chl1989 > 2017-02-06 15:11 | Report Abuse

smart buy :)

telusdansuci

1,695 posts

Posted by telusdansuci > 2017-02-06 15:16 | Report Abuse

Apa lagi tunggu ? Ada duit pergi kutip dan simpan di dalam ' Peti Sejuk ' . Sikit-sikit kutip lama-lama sudah jadi bukit ,ya . CSCSTEL dan Pmetal tetap boleh .

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2017-02-06 16:40 | Report Abuse

ku takut kutip terlalu banyak nanti tak sempat nak lari. aku tengok ni profit taking, semua tak mau ambik risk qtr result tak bagus.

abang_misai

2,550 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2017-02-06 16:41 | Report Abuse

Tq sslee.

To me I will keep cscstel as long as the steel prices are upstrending. When share price dips for no apparent reason like what has happened to cscstel today, I buy more. Tq for those who have unloaded to me.

Sslee

6,229 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-02-06 17:29 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
One very important point I learn from KYY lecture that I forget to mention is, “Never fall in Love with your shares”
No shares can go uptrend forever thus learn when to take profit or cut loss?
www.koonyewyin.com/2016/11/09/how-to-be-a-super-investor-summary/
I post the parts stock selling criteria/reasons
Stock selling criteria/reasons
• The reasons we bought the share are no longer there or valid,
• Raising cash to buy another better stock,
• Fundamentals have changed,
• The company is showing reduced quarterly profit (Q5 & Q6 EPS vs Q1 & Q2 EPS),
• Shares which have gone up too rapidly. If the fundamentals are still intact, buy them back during correction,
• Notes: sometimes it also depends on individual’s knowledge, understanding, experience, holding power, risk appetite and circumstances.
He made no apology to those who still hold on to the JAYA TIASA when it is so clear to all that the reasons we bought the share are no longer there or valid.

Thank you

HuatRex

2,617 posts

Posted by HuatRex > 2017-02-07 11:42 | Report Abuse

no need to promote KYY here. we are just interested with the news and development of CSC. u can write it in your blog.

telusdansuci

1,695 posts

Posted by telusdansuci > 2017-02-07 12:25 | Report Abuse

For me , i only believe message that given by the management team . Other than that i will never believe . CSCSTEL boleh .

abang_misai

2,550 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2017-02-07 14:22 | Report Abuse

Agreed. Trust nobody but yourself.

I added more today. Hope can huat soon.

Tiger_shark

1,902 posts

Posted by Tiger_shark > 2017-02-07 14:38 | Report Abuse

slow slow drop no stim, give a big one, super sale

Ramada

655 posts

Posted by Ramada > 2017-02-07 19:55 | Report Abuse

Previous QR they no need to pay tax? PBT 24,815 and PAT 24,232. If pay 20% tax, PAT should below 20 mil.

Sslee

6,229 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-02-08 07:08 | Report Abuse

Dear HuatRex,
My apology, I get carried away with my excitement of meeting with KYY that I unconsciously promoted his writing.
I am still learning from many Sifu’s blog on investment and I definitely know my place that I am in no position to write a blog in Klsei3investor on share investment.
I do occasionally wrote in my comments and the reason I am still looking into this CSCSTEL comments is I am still holding this share and recently I just added 5,000 share at RM 2.13 (25/1/2017) and another 5,000 share at Rm 2.05 (6/2/2017).
I believe CSCSTEL will be a good dividend share and eagerly awaiting their quarterly report.
Thank you.

telusdansuci

1,695 posts

Posted by telusdansuci > 2017-02-08 10:50 | Report Abuse

Remember, always listen message that given by the management team only . Don't simply listen to others if not you will spoil your investment plan and strategies .Anyway buy more when you are right . CSCSTEL and Pmetal sama-sama boleh .

abang_misai

2,550 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2017-02-08 11:15 | Report Abuse

Hehe. Luckily I "hoot" cscstel 2.05 yesterday. I added more today. Again, trust nobody but yourself.

Invest1188

772 posts

Posted by Invest1188 > 2017-02-08 11:52 | Report Abuse

Increase a bit only later afternoon drop

Posted by Lim Sip Yee > 2017-02-08 14:51 | Report Abuse

ya loh drop till 1.00 :D happy ~ happy ~

Yipman

391 posts

Posted by Yipman > 2017-02-08 16:28 | Report Abuse

telusdansuci,
whois the management team? are they in i3 post?

yeekarwai 95

3,967 posts

Posted by yeekarwai 95 > 2017-02-08 17:29 | Report Abuse

roller coaster

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-02-08 17:50 | Report Abuse

Rebound
:)

Invest1188

772 posts

Posted by Invest1188 > 2017-02-08 19:31 | Report Abuse

In year 2009, csc earned record profit eps 25 and pay out 20 cents dividend, in 2016, it will repeat

abang_misai

2,550 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2017-02-08 19:59 | Report Abuse

Only those who can live through the volatility can win big. This is why I said we should not be influenced by the noises in the street. cscstel can benefit from rising selling prices for its flat steels. My target Rm3.00 which is lower than Ooi's TP.

yeekarwai 95

3,967 posts

Posted by yeekarwai 95 > 2017-02-08 20:14 | Report Abuse

what i worrying is whether CSC can pass the cost to downstream customers,otherwise need absorb cost themselves.

telusdansuci

1,695 posts

Posted by telusdansuci > 2017-02-08 20:26 | Report Abuse

@ abang misai , you are right because you dare to buy more when the share price keep on dropping . Like what you said only trust our self only by not listening to all those negative news and nonsence . Anyway my target price also Rm3.00 and will be same as you . Always remember buy more when you are right and sell more when you are wrong . CSCSTEL and Pmetal sama-sama boleh .

HuatRex

2,617 posts

Posted by HuatRex > 2017-02-09 00:31 | Report Abuse

Good rebound cscstel. However the volumn still not high enough to confirm the uptrend.

Tiger_shark

1,902 posts

Posted by Tiger_shark > 2017-02-10 11:48 | Report Abuse

CSC is the larges cold rolled steel plate manufacturer in Malaysia, they are the leader. Local price determine by them, the rest are the followers.

Invest1188

772 posts

Posted by Invest1188 > 2017-02-11 19:42 | Report Abuse

Good outlooks

JayC

1,302 posts

Posted by JayC > 2017-02-13 14:20 | Report Abuse

please continue going up!!!

ezobear

474 posts

Posted by ezobear > 2017-02-13 17:09 | Report Abuse

profit nose dive ... OMG ..

yeekarwai 95

3,967 posts

Posted by yeekarwai 95 > 2017-02-13 17:11 | Report Abuse

GG

Ramada

655 posts

Posted by Ramada > 2017-02-13 17:12 | Report Abuse

Cold roiled coil counters already dead, better switch to long steel counters.

Ramada

655 posts

Posted by Ramada > 2017-02-13 17:12 | Report Abuse

No dividend@@

lkoky

539 posts

Posted by lkoky > 2017-02-13 17:15 | Report Abuse

WoW

The significant deterioration in profit is due to substantial increase in production cost due to higher raw materials cost exacerbated by rapidly weakening Ringgit vis-à-vis US Dollar during the quarter under review and the absence of the write back of doubtful debt amounted to RM16.9 million which happened in the corresponding quarter.

hmm.... weakened ringgit is a bad thing for CSCSTEL

yeekarwai 95

3,967 posts

Posted by yeekarwai 95 > 2017-02-13 17:17 | Report Abuse

something wrong.

in the statement got mention 10sen dividend and 4sen special.dividend.

leon312214

188 posts

Posted by leon312214 > 2017-02-13 17:19 | Report Abuse

The Board of Directors has recommended a final single tier dividend of 10 sen per share and a special
single tier dividend of 4 sen per share for the financial year ended 2016 which are subject to the approval
of the shareholders in the forthcoming annual general meeting.

zeeroy

32 posts

Posted by zeeroy > 2017-02-13 17:19 | Report Abuse

really a big surprise!

yeekarwai 95

3,967 posts

Posted by yeekarwai 95 > 2017-02-13 17:21 | Report Abuse

死直直

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2017-02-13 17:21 | Report Abuse

If we take into account the writeback, it should be net profit should 23,090,000. Which is quite close. But still down.

Guess people here did not take that writeback into account. Thank god i didnt sai lang. Can hold longer.

mbs7633

325 posts

Posted by mbs7633 > 2017-02-13 17:21 | Report Abuse

At least they made money for this QR.

leon312214

188 posts

Posted by leon312214 > 2017-02-13 17:21 | Report Abuse

profit drop ,but cash increase

Post a Comment
Market Buzz