JCY INTERNATIONAL BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): JCY (5161)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (1.22%)

Day's Change

0.415 - 0.435

Trading Volume

67 people like this.

20,119 comment(s). Last comment by FortuneBlooming 19 hours ago

Posted by Aaron Kwok > 2014-07-26 19:43 | Report Abuse

Precisely true. Article said jcy made a lot of retail investors dissapointed. Needless to say when high volume comes it attracts retailers but they all get trap when the price gets pulled down subsequently. Its been like this for 2 years. Cut your losses n move on. Could have gone up a little already all these while but has it? The answer is so darn obvious.

Posted by Aaron Kwok > 2014-07-26 19:43 | Report Abuse

Thanks opiq

Posted by Lai Y. Keat > 2014-07-31 02:31 | Report Abuse

All WAR ARE BASED ON DECEPTION.

speakup

26,869 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-07-31 07:43 | Report Abuse

what so good about JCY?

Posted by kengteck68 > 2014-07-31 09:50 | Report Abuse

Since the market bullish intact, we should believe the chart pattern. The BULLISH HARAMI CROSS pattern confirmed @0.7000, so valid average buying price stands now at 0.7050. BUY signal is generated. Most probably, it is the right time to ride. Happy trading.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-07-31 10:19 | Report Abuse

Both digital storage leaders Western Digital and Seagate reported good results this June Q with their share prices near 12 month highs. As one of their mechanical HDD components supplier, can JCY lag that far behind? Still cheap at 70-71 sen, JCY may spring a pleasant surprise this fiscal Q June 2014. Then, funds may chase the share and clean up the weak retail traders.

sage

161 posts

Posted by sage > 2014-07-31 20:20 | Report Abuse

Better to watch the earnings pattern when next quarter result is announce in few weeks. If profit is less then last quarter, it will be start of earnings reversal into losses for a few quarters again. History keep repeating..few quarter profit followed by few quarter losses and this cycle keep repeating.

Posted by Aaron Kwok > 2014-08-01 09:38 | Report Abuse

Earnings inconsistencies is the biggest worry here. Funds not buying.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-01 10:29 | Report Abuse

Fund managers have a herd mentality; give them a valid reason and they will fall over each other to buy. JCY has notably weak investor relationship, management does not give sufficient guidance Q to Q to provide earnings visibility. No one knows what's coming Q to Q. So you look at the insiders actions for guidance. MD Tan Shih Leng bought 5.5 million shares over 2013/14 at average 65 sen and is still holding. Other directors also bought millions and still hold. Does that tell you anything?

thumxj

33 posts

Posted by thumxj > 2014-08-01 10:35 | Report Abuse

Concur lohman's point of view... I would anticipate inventory built up in JCY's coming result, as of how much customer is pulling from the inventory and made payment... only someone worked in JCY would know...

sage

161 posts

Posted by sage > 2014-08-01 11:16 | Report Abuse

Lohman you better buy more now before all the fund manager and md fall over themselves to buy before the next Q result is announced. Confuscious say price will fall further to below .60 on earnings reversal.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-01 11:41 | Report Abuse

I have bought a significant quantity around 70-71 sen.This is a very liquid stock. Just need some heavy fund money to move up the price in high volume with decent June 14 fiscal Q results to be announced later this August month. Confucius is not a reliable predictor of earnings or stock prices, he is too far into philosophical pursuits to bother about materialistic things. MD Tan Shih Leng's actions are a better indicator of JCY's performance.

sage

161 posts

Posted by sage > 2014-08-01 17:01 | Report Abuse

Confuscious say wait for result announcement and see who is right.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-02 09:05 | Report Abuse

Do you think MD Tan Shih Leng, or a confused layman who misspells Confucius, has a better grasp of JCY's future performance? Follow the smart money with Tan & his fellow directors; they have individually invested RM millions in JCY over 2013/14.

sage

161 posts

Posted by sage > 2014-08-02 15:01 | Report Abuse

resorting to personal attacks tells me you are now desperate and worried about
your investment. Let this layman do you the honour of explaining why you should be worried:

1. Your comparison of WD and seagate price rally to JCY is flawed. WD made USD $445million
profit in the last quarter and Seagate approximately USD $370 miilion. How much did JCY make
in the last quarter again? RM38m (USD $11 million approx). Does it still look like a laggard now?
Also, JCY do not produce hard disk drives, they produce 2 or 3 of the many other components that make up a disk drive. WD and Seagate assemble all these components together to actually produce the end product, ie hard drives.

2. JCY is a price taker and not a price maker. Since the thailand floods, the average
selling prices (asp) have fallen eating into their margins. In terms of the asp, when WD and seagate say sit, jcy must sit, when they say stand jcy must stand. Otherwise they can easily give all the orders to notion, Belton or MMI instead of JCY. The profits of WD and seagate look great each quarter because they have a noose around the asp for suppliers like JCY and that noose gets tighter each quarter to ensure their own profits keeps looking good.

3. The fact that you would use the MD Tan Shih Leng as a indicator to buy is laughable. Do you think the major shareholder is that stupid enough to let you profit first before he takes a piece
of the pie? If the current price is such a laggard and there is so much potential left, he would
have privatised it a long time ago. YOu will be following MD Tan Shih Leng over the cliff as a permenant long term share holder (ie trapped). He has the holding power to keep holding onto the 5.5m shares for a very long period of time, even if the price falls by over 50% in the next 12 months, it would have minimal effect on him. But the average investor does not have the same holding power or money as he does, and drops of 10% to 30% will be painful for these investors.

4. Funds no longer trust JCY and have no confidence in the company. You can keep
dreaming and enticing people with fund managers all all you like.

Let me leave you on this note. When you are awake at night worrying about your "significant" investment in JCY, remember the above points and grasp them well. After 21 August when the price starts falling again due to deteriorating profits, remember this confused layman's name and say it in your mind...SAGE, because he told you so despite misspelling one word.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-03 11:20 | Report Abuse

@sage; we can agree to disagree but not to argue unnecessarily. We are here to openly exchange views, not disparage each other. I did not mean to attack you personally and I should not have dissed your misspelling of Confucius. We all have certain habitual quirks which should be overlooked. However, the repeated reference to the ancient great Chinese sage irked me as being excessively irreverent and I responded in haste that Saturday morning. Must have got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Having said that, I still believe JCY will spring a positive earnings surprise next Q or two. If so, I'm going to share a bottle of fine single malt whisky and smoke expensive cigars with MD Tan Shih Leng.

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2014-08-03 11:41 | Report Abuse

Guys, no need to argue. Listen to this podcast, and gauge the turnaround story for jcy http://www.bfm.my/breakfast-grille-james-wong-jcy.html. I'm so sure to make a few millions from jcy as the factory operations are put on full swing to meet the demand.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-04 09:06 | Report Abuse

Singaporean ED Wong has 4.5 million JCY shares. Guess he, too, has a chance to make millions.

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2014-08-04 09:13 | Report Abuse

sage, jcy's coming?

lohman, ignore the noises. JCY operation capacity now at 100%. That is enough to convince me to put in millions.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-04 09:35 | Report Abuse

@matakuda, if JCY is operating at full capacity, I won't have any qualms sinking in RM millions too. How does one confirm it is so? Can't possibly ask MD Tan or ED Wong directly.

Johnnys

759 posts

Posted by Johnnys > 2014-08-04 09:50 | Report Abuse

will buy more again after my L&G price higher than JCY.

Last time sold all notion when the price higher than JCY too.

More and more JCY ticket now, just wait for me, don't going up too fast.

sage

161 posts

Posted by sage > 2014-08-04 12:24 | Report Abuse

that podcast and article is over 5 months old....and its the same story playing over and over since the flood. same shit different smell. The funds no longer buy this story and the fact that they admit they have to change public perception already says alot (in fact they have been trying to change public perception since listing in 2010). JCY has been coming like that in a 2-3 sen range for the last few months each time trapping more and more of the less informed....again same shit different smell. JCY has reached full capacity? what a joke! if you are going to try and con the public here at least be smarter about it. In Feb 2012 Q results it recorded a 162m profit (i take this as the peak of the production levels during the HDD global hdd shortage), in the last quarter it made 38m. full operational capacity? From your repeated comments about so called sinking millions into JCY, I can tell this is also bullshet to try and con more people to sink their hard earned money into this counter.

ED Wong has had the majority of the 4.5 million shares since it got listed in 2010. Congratulations on becoming a permanent long term (5 yrs+) share holder of JCY like ED Wong. Nearly all his shares were allocated to him at RM 1.60 (listing price) in 2010. The current share price will have to go up by .90+ just for him to break even. For him to make so called millions, the share price would have to reach RM3+.

Why stop at sinking miilions in...why not sink billions and or even triilions? what a joke.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-04 13:27 | Report Abuse

ED Wong's JCY share holding as extracted from Bursa records

3.5 mil @ 1.60 ( assume correct)
0.5 mil @ 0.628
0.5 mil @ 0.65
-------------------
4.5 mil @ 1.386
+
1.5 mil @ 0.61 (esos options)
--------------------
6.0 mil @ 1.192

Current price 0.715
if add 0.90 ( as suggested)
-------

Notional profit 6.0 x (1.615 - 1.192 ) = RM 2.538 mil

Assignment : What is MD Tan's profit on his 5.5 mil JCY shares should the price reach RM1.615?

angku

489 posts

Posted by angku > 2014-08-04 13:46 | Report Abuse

your tp is RM1.615?

angku

489 posts

Posted by angku > 2014-08-04 13:48 | Report Abuse

ok, it is the listing price

thumxj

33 posts

Posted by thumxj > 2014-08-04 14:25 | Report Abuse

sage, what is the main reason JCY will suffer loss in the next few quarters?

lohman, I just found out that JCY management is quite consistent in their future quarter result forecast on most of the release quarter reports, of course with usual phrases/terms that a CEO would articulate.

thumxj

33 posts

Posted by thumxj > 2014-08-04 14:29 | Report Abuse

sage, correct my question a bit: what is the main reason JCY will suffer loss / be unsustainable in the next few quarters?

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-04 14:55 | Report Abuse

As we edge towards Q3 2014 results announcement, I like JCY more and more; this, despite not so positive technical charts which says sideways trading with a downward bias. Today, volume has picked up together with an uptick in price, and if continued the next week or two, I will become bullish, not hesitant. The charts do not lie, just that they can be interpreted wrongly if insufficient data is collected. At 71.5 - 72.0 sen, I'm in positive territory and a lot better off than ED Wong's imputed position.

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2014-08-04 15:02 | Report Abuse

lohman, let him argue until the cow comes home. What matters most is JCY make me rich.

Posted by SeriousInvestor1945 > 2014-08-04 15:25 | Report Abuse

Trading Idea – JCY
Poised for a further progress towards RM0.80 zones as indicators are bottoming up.

§ After a 3-month sideways consolidation, JCY share prices are likely to “Break the Ice” and widen its Bollinger bands in the near term as readings from daily oscillators (RSI, Slow Stochastics and MACD) signal bottoming up. A decisive breakout above e towards RM0.725 (100-d SMA) will spur prices higher towards RM0.76 (weekly Upper-Bollinger band) and our LT target price of RM0.80 (200-w SMA). Immediate supports are RM0.69 (monthly low) and RM0.675 (50-w SMA). Cut loss below RM0.665.

Posted by SeriousInvestor1945 > 2014-08-04 15:26 | Report Abuse

From HL Broking

sage

161 posts

Posted by sage > 2014-08-04 15:33 | Report Abuse

The listing price and .90 was simply used to illustrate a point , the fact of the matter is his investment is currently still in a loss after 4 years . Since you want to be precise about it , the share price needs to go up by approx rm.49 or 68% from current price before he even breaks even. And since you want to get precise with me.

The total cost of his 6m shares at average rm 1.192= $7.152m
Current value of his investment= $ 4.29m
Current profit/ loss= $2.86m LOSS over 4 years. That is a 40% loss!

Even if the price goes back up to ipo price today and he made a profit of 2.5m, it only represents a 35%!profit on his investment of 7.152m which averages out over 4 years is approximately 11% a year. That's nothing spectacular.

Go ahead and sink your billions in, don't let me stop you.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-04 15:51 | Report Abuse

Poor ED Wong, one can feel for him but he had opportunity to liquidate in 2010 and 2012 around RM1.60 but chose not to for his own reasons. As for me, I'll be looking at MD Tan for guidance as to when to sell. Watch out for those public announcements on director's share transactions!

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2014-08-04 15:52 | Report Abuse

Smart strategy lohman!

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-04 16:15 | Report Abuse

@matakuda; tks, that strategy is open to all investors, including yourself. Buying at 70.5 sen average, I am less than 9% off MD Tan's historical cost; 10% off if buying today but with much reduced uncertainty. If I can confirm JCY is running at near full capacity, I'll sink in billions. Sorry, that's Rupiah billions.

Posted by kengteck68 > 2014-08-05 07:54 | Report Abuse

chart based taken from somewhere: "The bulls are strong. The negative sentiment that led to the last bearish pattern has evaporated. Signal is suggesting to STAY LONG. It is best to follow the signal and continue to hold this security, but with a more CAUTIOUS attitude".

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-05 10:11 | Report Abuse

Confirmed from inside source that JCY factory operations in Malaysia, Thailand, China are running at high capacity. While that does not necessarily translate into bumper profits, it surely means they have strong orders to fill and next few Q results are likely to be good. Now have to source more billions (of Rupiah) to invest.

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2014-08-05 10:18 | Report Abuse

Ha. Sudah jalan lohman

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-05 10:21 | Report Abuse

Aiya, now have to buy at 73 sen. Why so fast one?

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2014-08-05 10:36 | Report Abuse

Lohman, no choice. Jcy bosses are determined to prove @sage wrong.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-05 10:47 | Report Abuse

Wait till JCY announces a good set of June14 Q results, gives 1.75% interim dividend and provides optimistic guidance for next Q as well. What will you do if you are a fund manager?

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-08-05 10:53 | Report Abuse

Let me answer the question. I will buy now on personal account when it is still cheap.

cutie

1,690 posts

Posted by cutie > 2014-08-05 11:17 | Report Abuse

JCY will definitely produce good results in next 2 weeks. Slowly climbing up till the results out and when u see the results, it is already 80 over sen. I already Hantam kuat kuat already.

ejtic

256 posts

Posted by ejtic > 2014-08-05 11:24 | Report Abuse

Another dividend declared coming...

faye62118

55 posts

Posted by faye62118 > 2014-08-05 12:42 | Report Abuse

dear all, be careful with your money. my source tell me the coming result will be less then previous quarter and price may drop after announce.

HC Lee

1,518 posts

Posted by HC Lee > 2014-08-05 17:53 | Report Abuse

Engine just start..good time to buy some more??

Posted by mikashearer > 2014-08-05 22:06 | Report Abuse

HC LEE wait until the financial report come out... August.... if good than buy will never late... if up just will lose profit a bit, but down you will loose your money... how can wait who can get profit... I buy at 73sen and get 2 time divided... one is 1 sen and another one is 1.25sen...

HC Lee

1,518 posts

Posted by HC Lee > 2014-08-05 22:12 | Report Abuse

TQ mikashearer..will wait for financial report to decide.

Posted by werewolves > 2014-08-07 12:21 | Report Abuse

agree... better to wait for results.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz