PINTARAS JAYA BHD

KLSE (MYR): PTARAS (9598)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.05 (2.98%)

Day's Change

1.69 - 1.73

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

1,281 comment(s). Last comment by speakup 22 hours ago

up_up_up

616 posts

Posted by up_up_up > 2014-06-12 16:31 | Report Abuse

New high...finally break 4.12 resistance ;)

up_up_up

616 posts

Posted by up_up_up > 2014-06-12 16:45 | Report Abuse

syok...yesterday received dividend, today new high..need to thanks KC again for intro this counter.

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-12 16:56 | Report Abuse

Wah lao eh. Sky is the limit. Possibly RHB is about to release the Research Report soon, re-rating this stock.

林俊松

6,870 posts

Posted by 林俊松 > 2014-06-12 18:02 | Report Abuse

After dividend ex-date should move up already lah.
Tomorrow RM4.50~

Posted by kingdomtan888 > 2014-06-12 18:25 | Report Abuse

Lim, I tot u were saying rm5 few days back
Kekekkekekeke

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-12 19:10 | Report Abuse

Technically, ptaras has today convincingly broken up. Because of this, we may expect to see some full green candlesticks in the next few days. Hats off, kcchongnz!

up_up_up

616 posts

Posted by up_up_up > 2014-06-13 09:13 | Report Abuse

tinnnnggggggiiiiiiiiiiii

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-13 09:30 | Report Abuse

What a pleasant day, and would like express my gratitude to Mr. kcchongnz.

maps

170 posts

Posted by maps > 2014-06-13 09:36 | Report Abuse

very good but quite surprising why the target price list up is only RM3.50

Posted by PeaceOfMind > 2014-06-13 09:37 | Report Abuse

PT 5~ congrats to all holders~ have a nice day guys!

up_up_up

616 posts

Posted by up_up_up > 2014-06-13 09:57 | Report Abuse

maps...check this, latest TP is 4.61, it's not updated
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kianweiaritcles/51721.jsp

wwwcomment

448 posts

Posted by wwwcomment > 2014-06-13 10:30 | Report Abuse

Good stock, thx kz

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-13 12:06 | Report Abuse

Recently, PTARAS was awarded a contract to undertake earthworks and piling works for a building project along Jalan Tun Razak, worth RM32m. Amid this positive newsflow, the share price rose 9 sen (+2.2%) and settled at an all-time high of RM4.17. Chart-wise, a bullish “Marubozu” candlestick has taken shape and the share price has also broken out of the “Bullish Pennant” chart pattern resistance of RM4.12. Coupled with positive readings from key momentum indicators, this portend that an uptrend resumption is already underway. Traders who look to buy into the stock should target to take profit at RM5.16 (3 bids below the RM5.19 Bullish Pennant measurement objective), while setting a strict stoploss at RM4.09.

Source: Kenanga

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-13 14:40 | Report Abuse

A good analysis by kcchongnz http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/54243.jsp

林俊松

6,870 posts

Posted by 林俊松 > 2014-06-13 21:04 | Report Abuse

Pintarasjaya dividend 6 cents is tax-exempted or still need to deduct for tax before giving out to shareholders?

kfui

23 posts

Posted by kfui > 2014-06-13 21:11 | Report Abuse

all dividends are either single tier or tax exempt would not be deducted for any tax. whatever dividend amt declared would be yours without any deduction.

except for dividend from REITs would subject to final withholding tax 10% in the hand of individual shareholders

林俊松

6,870 posts

Posted by 林俊松 > 2014-06-14 11:01 | Report Abuse

No wonder my colleague said the dividend is subject to tax before giving out.
He is REITs buyer.
Thanks a lot, Pintarasjaya boleh!!!

Tk Frank

106 posts

Posted by Tk Frank > 2014-06-16 10:52 | Report Abuse

Why pintaras gross profit margin of 30% so much higher than Econpile?

arque

13 posts

Posted by arque > 2014-06-16 10:54 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by dormel64 > 2014-06-16 11:23 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2014-06-16 11:27 | Report Abuse

Posted by Tk Frank > Jun 16, 2014 10:52 AM | Report Abuse

Why pintaras gross profit margin of 30% so much higher than Econpile?

U SHOULD ASK WHY ECONPILE MARGIN IS SO MUCH LOWER THAN PTRAS ?
BCOS THE NORM FOR PILING BUSINESS MARGIN IS HIGH MAH.....!!

kaliawke

674 posts

Posted by kaliawke > 2014-06-16 13:56 | Report Abuse

design & Build is high but also very very high risk. one jobs screw up will kill all yrs of profit

wongkok

52 posts

Posted by wongkok > 2014-06-17 11:58 | Report Abuse

Makan lui.

LouisChoo

44 posts

Posted by LouisChoo > 2014-06-18 09:03 | Report Abuse

Sifus, can buy Econpile IPO ? How much premium ?

hjzhawii

10 posts

Posted by hjzhawii > 2014-06-19 13:12 | Report Abuse

Anyone know when the dividend will be received? Appreciate the info.

choochoo

70 posts

Posted by choochoo > 2014-06-19 14:46 | Report Abuse

payment date is 9th of July

hjzhawii

10 posts

Posted by hjzhawii > 2014-06-19 15:18 | Report Abuse

Where to get this info?

choochoo

70 posts

Posted by choochoo > 2014-06-19 15:59 | Report Abuse

Announcements - notice of book closure

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2014-06-19 17:30 | Report Abuse

REVISIT AN OLD CONCERN OF PTRAS WHICH RAIDER THINK IT IS OVERDONE LOH..!!!!

DALI IS RAIDER'S X COLLEAGUE.....BUT RAIDER IS SURPRISE ....THAT DALI DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT PTRAS JAYA IS DOING IS CORRECT LOH....!!!
WHAT DALI'S APPROACH IS THE CONVENTIONAL FUND MANAGER THINKING....WHICH IS THE GENERAL MKT BELIEVE LOH....THAT GENERALLY COMPANY SHOULD NOT INVEST IN EQUITY LOH..THIS SHOULD NOT BE APPLICABLE FOR WELL MANAGE COMPANY LIKE PTRAS JAYA LOH....!!

1) THE MANAGEMENT OF PTRAS JAYA...HAD CHOSEN TO INVEST IN EQUITY BCOS THEY UNDERSTAND....INFLATION & CURRENCY DEBASEMENT IMPACT.....THAT KEEPING ALOT OF CASH IN FIXED DEPOSITS IS DANGEROUS MAH....!!!

2) THEY CHOSEN 3 FUND MANAGER TO MANAGE BCOS THEY KNOW.....THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO MANAGE THE EQUITY FUND & THUS THEY RATHER LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONAL LOH....!!

3) THE LONG RUN THE RETURN FROM EQUITY IS NORMALLY HIGHER THAN FIXED DEPOSITS LOH...!! FOR XAMPLE EPF CAN GIVE 6% PA COMPARE WITH FIXED DEPOSITS 3.5% PA....!! A BIG CHUNKED OF EPF GREAT RETURN CAME FROM EQUITY MAH....!!!

4) ONE UNIQUE THING IS PTRAS JAYA CHOSE TO MARK ALL THEIR EQUITY POSITION TO MKT....RESULTING WIDE EARNING FLUCTUATION LIKE ESSO INVENTORY LOH....!! FOR XAMPLE 30-9-2011 PTRAS LOSE ALOT OF MONIES BCOS OF EQUITY MARK TO MKT LOSSES BUT IN 31-12-2011 IT MAKE ALOT BCOS OF EQUITY LOH.....!!

5) ALTHOUGH PTRAS HAD ALOT OF MARKETABLE SECURITIES CLOSE TO RM 80M !!.....BUT MOST IMPORTANT TO THE VALUE IS PTRAS JAYA IS GENERATING POSITIVE OPERATING CASHFLOW AND IT IS GROWING STRONGLY LOH....!!!
THEREFORE A SAVVY INVESTOR LIKE RAIDER KNOW HOW TO VALUE IT LOH.....!!!

6) RAIDER SUGGEST U VALUE THE CORE BUSINESS BASED ON EARNING REPORTED & VALUE THE EQUITY BUSINESS BASED ON IMPUTED 4% PA LOH.....!!! THIS WAY U TAKEAWAY THE WILD EARNINGS FLUCTUATION DUE TO MARK TO MARKET GAIN OR LOSSES LOH....!!!

DO NOT MISS A FUNDAMENTAL STRONG COMPANY....JUST BCOS THEY DID THE RIGHT THING TO INVEST IN EQUITY ?
BTW.....THE OWNER HAD 50% OF PTRAS JAYA.....DO U THINK....THEY WILL LET THE FUND MANAGER TO SIMPLY MANAGE & EXPOSE THEMSELVES & MINORITY SHAREHOLDER ?
SURE THEY THINK IS RIGHT THING.....THEY ARE DOING......THATS WHY THE COMPANY MAKE VELI GOOD RETURN LOH....!!!

MKT DON UNDERSTAND....LET IT BE LOH.....BUT PANLAI INVESTOR LIKE RAIDER & GANG UNDERSTAND LOH.....!!!

FINALLY PLEASE TRUST A GOOD QUALITY MANAGEMENT MAH......!!!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2014-06-19 17:36 | Report Abuse

Raider says:
This is an ideal situation loh....!!! To payback all the monies to all shareholder who don know leh ?
But majority also willing to let 3rd party manage.....their monies , they are also stucked as well with this arrangement mah....!!!U ask.....W Buffet....to payback all the monies....in the company....he also won't mah....!!!
Raider think.....Ptras arrangement....although not ideal.....but independent & transparent mah....!!!
Quite fair loh...!!!
Opportunity $$$$$$$$$$ loh.....!!!

Investsmart say :
raider is not credible.
He talks with forked tongue - when the stock is not in his portfolio and when the stock is in his portfolio.
He changes his views according to the direction of the wind.
Of course, it is better for the management to return the cash to the shareholders...
unless they can re-invest this at a higher rate of return (check out the ROE).

Should the company need this money for future certain expansion, this should be placed in safe assets like money market.

AS RAIDER SAYS RETURN MONIES....TO SHAREHOLDER IS THE BEST MAH...!!!
WHO DON'T KNOW LEH ?
BUT THE ISSUE....THERE ARE MANY SITUATION.....THE MANAGEMENT DON....!!!
IN SUCH A SITUATION.....U AVOID....THE COMPANY....TOTALLY AH ??
SOMETIMES COMPLETELY MISS OPPORTUNITY MEH ?

RAIDER THINK IS ALSO OPPORTUNITY LOH.....!!!
U NEED TO STUDY PROPERLY & PANALAI LOH......!!!
IN THE CASE OF PTRAS..........THE SITUATION IS FAIR LOH....DIVIDEND YIELD IS 7% PA....ALREADY VELI GOOD COMPARE WITH FIXED DEPOSITS 3% PA......PE LESS THAN 10X & EARNINGS IS GROWING WOH......NTA RM 2.75.....WHY NO GOOD MEH ??

Firebird2

1,730 posts

Posted by Firebird2 > 2014-06-19 20:15 | Report Abuse

stockraider I understand your point of view. Just need to ask you this, can you elaborate a bit on 6) ? I don't quite get the meaning. Thx a lot.

cefiro22

383 posts

Posted by cefiro22 > 2014-06-20 10:10 | Report Abuse

Re Investments of Surplus Funds of Pintaras Jaya. I have expressed concern back in the year 2007 to the SC and personally also written to the MD of the Company that as a shareholder I would prefer to receive bigger dividends so I can invest in shares myself rather than depending on the Fund Managers to do that for me. .......

http://www.thestar.com.my/story.aspx/?file=%2f2007%2f7%2f23%2fbusiness%2f18371633&sec=business

Since then, I must say that the Company did take heed and improved their dividend payouts at the same time still prefer to continue with their investments in Equities, so it is a happy compromise.
Pintaras Jaya is a well-managed Company run by Professional Engineers who are experienced and knowledgeable in Piling.

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-20 19:04 | Report Abuse

Ptaras has legs! All time high and the uptrend is intact!

Posted by Putumayam > 2014-06-23 09:45 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Putumayam > 2014-06-23 09:47 |

Post removed.Why?

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-26 09:33 | Report Abuse

Ptaras is on runaway success! RHB intensifies coverage. http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/staticfile/242837.jsp

JW2728

33 posts

Posted by JW2728 > 2014-06-26 12:24 | Report Abuse

Very promising indeed.

Posted by benghockkoh > 2014-06-26 22:39 | Report Abuse

Ptaras has been consistently gaining new contract and their earning should continue to go up and so will the share price. I also trust the management team who also take cares of minor shareholders interest. A long term value investing compony to hold....

maps

170 posts

Posted by maps > 2014-06-27 13:24 | Report Abuse

ptaras is the best piling firm in Malaysia and well managed. All minority share holders will definetely be well rewarded.

JW2728

33 posts

Posted by JW2728 > 2014-07-01 17:33 | Report Abuse

PTARAS withdraw a huge chunk of cash recently. Anyone know what the purpose?

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1669245

ccs999

674 posts

Posted by ccs999 > 2014-07-01 17:37 | Report Abuse

I am note really sure what is happening, may be kcchongnz can explain here? any experience before? thank you

MG9231

785 posts

Posted by MG9231 > 2014-07-01 19:02 | Report Abuse

I think the ptaras's directors are doing it correctly, index is a bit to high, why continue involve in share market via fund manager, might as well withdraw the investment and keep cash

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2014-07-01 21:52 | Report Abuse

A lot of people was saying why Pintaras horde so much cash in equity investment and why not return to shareholders, although Pintaras have been paying good dividends all these years.

The recent procurement of some big projects and the withdrawal of cash from investment confirm my doubts, I think. They already intend to grow its business and using the money for purchasing new plants and equipment for the forthcoming big projects.

I would consider this as a very good capital allocation of the part of the management as it would enhance future earnings. Bored piling and diaphragm wall plant and equipment are expensive stuff.

ccs999

674 posts

Posted by ccs999 > 2014-07-01 21:58 | Report Abuse

thank you Mr Chong

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-07-02 06:41 | Report Abuse

When to sell a stock? Adopt the following tried and tested strategies.

1. Sell when the stock is overvalued, i.e. the price exceeds its intrinsic value. Ptaras have an intrinsic value of RM6.50, which is worked out with conservative variables by kcchongnz, see this thread http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/54146.jsp.

2. Sell when the fundamental of the stock has deteriorated. Ptaras’ book order as of today is RM330mil. Had Ptaras not added another RM330mil to its book order in the next 1 year from today, its intrinsic value should be adjusted accordingly. If the stock price at that point of time is still undervalued, then hold Ptaras. If the stock price is otherwise overvalued, then sell.

3. Sell when the management actions are misaligned investors’ liking. Ptaras have recently cashed out of one of their three investments. Vast amount of cash may spur the management to make poor decision instead of making prudent investment. It would be interesting to know how the cash is spent. If the cash on hand is spent to fund expansion, investors would be happy to hold.

The above strategy is elaborated in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVG1FUHGIpM

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2014-07-02 14:02 | Report Abuse

ARTICLE FROM DALI ON PTRAS JAYA LOH....!!! AN INVESTOR & OWNER DILEMA ON SHARE INVESTMENT.....!!!

First, let me say that I have always liked Pintaras Jaya, its a great value stock. It could do so much more to unlock values, but I guess the owner knows better. StarBiz highlighted the way Pintaras Jaya handled its excess cash. Can you see anything wrong with that strategy? Don't peek at my views at the end before you try to gauge the answer for yourself.

StarBiz KUALA LUMPUR: Pintaras Jaya Bhd (PJB) performance will likely stay in line with the broader stock market should the equity markets perform well.
This is because the low-key construction company invests much of its earnings back into the stock market by employing fund management companies to do the job.
Recent statements to Bursa Malaysia showed that the constructor has so far appointed fund managers Pheim Asset Management Sdn Bhd,Singular Asset Management Sdn Bhd, Kumpulan Sentiasa Cemerlang Sdn Bhd to manage the cash that it has accumulated so far.
“The appointment of the investment manager forms part of the PJB group's effort to generate maximum returns from its cash reserves and will ensure that the funds would be managed by professional fund managers,” it told Bursa Malaysia.

A call to Singular Asset Management, one of its fund managers, said it could not comment on PJB's investments as it was their duty to protect their client's account details.
According to PJB's latest financial statements issued for the second quarter ended Dec 31, 2011, the company had parked 87% or RM61.57mil of its cash reserves to be invested in the equity markets through the three fund management companies mentioned earlier.
“As much as the management aspires to maximise the returns by investing the proceeds of their business, PJB is, however, by virtue of being invested into the equity markets through these fund managers also directly exposed to the risks presented with the equity markets which is higher than putting your earned money in the bank,” said an observer.
“PJB is therefore a direct proxy to the equity markets and its business performance will in part have a direct correlation with the equity markets.

“Cash and cash equivalents are mainly used for the business and working capital purposes, I presume since it is a construction company it can estimate its cashflow needs as and when the need arises,” the observer added.
It is to be noted that the company had only once disclosed the details of these investments back in July 2004.
Statements to the stock exchange showed that PJB had first started this practice of investing its cash with investment managers back in August 2003.

A closer look at its financial statements for its second quarter showed that PJB had spent RM18.22mil to buy more of these investments with these fund managers which it terms as “marketable securities” while it had sold RM23.40mil in these invsetments for the period until Dec 31, 2011.
Total cash and cash equivalents until Dec 31, 2011 amounted to RM70.64mil and about RM9mil from this amount is parked in a bank. It is also noteworthy that PJB had also duly informed investors via statements to the stock exchange of the effects of their adopted style to manage its funds and the correlation that it will have on its bottomline.

“The financial effects on the PJB group for the financial year arising from the above transaction will depend on the performance of the investment manager through investment decisions made on a discretionary basis,” it said.
“This is quite an unconventional way of managing its funds, although investment into equity markets could see good returns when markets do well.
“Perhaps more disclosure of what happens with this cash like the detailed breakdown provided back in July 2004 will be helpful for investors.

“These are third party investment companies, mind you, who can make human errors too,” a fund manager said.
It is to be noted that companies such as Google, which is listed on the US' Nasdaq, parks much of their cash on very liquid US government bonds which provides it with higher yields compared with the the low interest rates provided by banks.
PJB, which is a construction company, had this calendar year secured its first contract of RM34.38mil when its wholly-owned subsidiary, Pintaras Geotechnics Sdn Bhd was awarded a project to undertake earthworks, piling and substructure works for a condominium project in Kuala Lumpur over a 24-month period which is expected to positively contribute to its earnings.

Observers noted that the constructor could likely attract a broader range of investors should it provide more disclosure about its investments to the stock exchange, since the outcome of these discretionary investment decisions by these fund managers would have a direct impact on its bottomline.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2014-07-02 14:03 | Report Abuse

DALI IS RAIDER'S X COLLEAGUE.....BUT RAIDER IS SURPRISE ....THAT DALI DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT PTRAS JAYA IS DOING IS CORRECT LOH....!!!
WHAT DALI'S APPROACH IS THE CONVENTIONAL FUND MANAGER THINKING....WHICH IS THE GENERAL MKT BELIEVE LOH....THAT GENERALLY COMPANY SHOULD NOT INVEST IN EQUITY LOH..THIS SHOULD NOT BE APPLICABLE FOR WELL MANAGE COMPANY LIKE PTRAS JAYA LOH....!!

1) THE MANAGEMENT OF PTRAS JAYA...HAD CHOSEN TO INVEST IN EQUITY BCOS THEY UNDERSTAND....INFLATION & CURRENCY DEBASEMENT IMPACT.....THAT KEEPING ALOT OF CASH IN FIXED DEPOSITS IS DANGEROUS MAH....!!!

2) THEY CHOSEN 3 FUND MANAGER TO MANAGE BCOS THEY KNOW.....THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE THE EXPERTISE TO MANAGE THE EQUITY FUND & THUS THEY RATHER LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONAL LOH....!!

3) THE LONG RUN THE RETURN FROM EQUITY IS NORMALLY HIGHER THAN FIXED DEPOSITS LOH...!! FOR XAMPLE EPF CAN GIVE 6% PA COMPARE WITH FIXED DEPOSITS 3.5% PA....!! A BIG CHUNKED OF EPF GREAT RETURN CAME FROM EQUITY MAH....!!!

4) ONE UNIQUE THING IS PTRAS JAYA CHOSE TO MARK ALL THEIR EQUITY POSITION TO MKT....RESULTING WIDE EARNING FLUCTUATION LIKE ESSO INVENTORY LOH....!! FOR XAMPLE 30-9-2011 PTRAS LOSE ALOT OF MONIES BCOS OF EQUITY MARK TO MKT LOSSES BUT IN 31-12-2011 IT MAKE ALOT BCOS OF EQUITY LOH.....!!

5) ALTHOUGH PTRAS HAD ALOT OF MARKETABLE SECURITIES CLOSE TO RM 80M !!.....BUT MOST IMPORTANT TO THE VALUE IS PTRAS JAYA IS GENERATING POSITIVE OPERATING CASHFLOW AND IT IS GROWING STRONGLY LOH....!!!
THEREFORE A SAVVY INVESTOR LIKE RAIDER KNOW HOW TO VALUE IT LOH.....!!!

6) RAIDER SUGGEST U VALUE THE CORE BUSINESS BASED ON EARNING REPORTED & VALUE THE EQUITY BUSINESS BASED ON IMPUTED 4% PA LOH.....!!! THIS WAY U TAKEAWAY THE WILD EARNINGS FLUCTUATION DUE TO MARK TO MARKET GAIN OR LOSSES LOH....!!!

DO NOT MISS A FUNDAMENTAL STRONG COMPANY....JUST BCOS THEY DID THE RIGHT THING TO INVEST IN EQUITY ?
BTW.....THE OWNER HAD 50% OF PTRAS JAYA.....DO U THINK....THEY WILL LET THE FUND MANAGER TO SIMPLY MANAGE & EXPOSE THEMSELVES & MINORITY SHAREHOLDER ?
SURE THEY THINK IS RIGHT THING.....THEY ARE DOING......THATS WHY THE COMPANY MAKE VELI GOOD RETURN LOH....!!!

MKT DON UNDERSTAND....LET IT BE LOH.....BUT PANLAI INVESTOR LIKE RAIDER & GANG UNDERSTAND LOH.....!!!

FINALLY PLEASE TRUST A GOOD QUALITY MANAGEMENT MAH......!!!!

Posted by Stanley Yeo > 2014-07-02 17:29 | Report Abuse

很多马股价钱好高啊,不过,看这一支股票,本益比不到10倍,好像可以买叻
没有信心,因为只是刚开始学习对股票公司估值,不知道会不会准确。

Posted by Carson Teor > 2014-07-04 14:29 | Report Abuse

Stanley, yes buy in I just bought also, my cost is 4.32

Post a Comment
Market Buzz