MPHB Capital Berhad

KLSE (MYR): MPHBCAP (5237)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.01 (0.60%)

Day's Change

1.67 - 1.68

Trading Volume

12 people like this.

4,004 comment(s). Last comment by IanQ 1 week ago

speakup

26,790 posts

Posted by speakup > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

No need 2.30, give me 2 also happy i

Posted by GeniusInvestor > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

fully support Johnzhang.

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Pls see the link below on MSWG planning a forum on MPHB capital SCR. The date and venue to be announced once the Independent advisor report is out . Pls share with all your friends/ contacts

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UZMr2JbwWTKsa7wDwVQ6oOrlvEXi0c3G/view?usp=drivesdk

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

If you are member in other share trading forum , pls share the information too

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UZMr2JbwWTKsa7wDwVQ6oOrlvEXi0c3G/view?usp=drivesdk

Posted by GeniusInvestor > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Dear John,
May I know when your group of friends start collecting MPHB stock ?

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

@Geniusinvestor, most of friends invested in this stock many years ago , some as long as when the demerger of multi purpose holdings Bhd took place as they believed in the value of the assets.
The timing and their cost of investment is immaterial so much . It is the net realizable value of the assets vis-a-vis extremely unfair offer price of $1.70 causes the unhappiness.

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

IOIPG is paying $165 mil , equivalent to $829,145 per room for the 199 rooms courtyard by Marriott Penang.
Flamingo hotel by the beach at Batu ferringi , 280 guest rooms is having book value of $33.89 mil only

Flamingo hotel by the lake at jln ampang, KL, 250 guestrooms sitting on 12 acres land has book value below $25 mil!
From above , you can see that the NRV of the hotels is many times higher than book value. This applies to all assets of the company.
And that someone even fail to offer $2.40 per share which is the book value . This is not acceptable to my group of friends.

Endgame

755 posts

Posted by Endgame > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Market performance no good, Surin success rate increase further. I will vote yes to get 1.70 so i can buy the stock i kiv

AlfI3

1,283 posts

Posted by AlfI3 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

I oso dun buy d idea of accepting at 1.70, as I had been holding for nearly 10 years since d mphb demerger. In btwn, I had even all in a lot more by knowing its precious hidden values inherited by this stocks.

Hence, after holding it for so long w/o getting dividend for years due to holding of insurance comp investment restrictions by bnm; meaning tat it is a great lost to my investment for such long holding period

Posted by Millions_at_22 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

My group members and I own 12mil stock. We have 20 people, but we need more details to start working with Johnzhang. Can you provide the contact information of the main representative? We are currently neutral, so we would like to have more communication with Johnzhang.

We have numerous privatization experiences such as BIMB-WA, MMCCORP, BREM, DBHD, CCB, Activision Blizzard (USA), UMW, BOUSTEAD, BPLANT.

My group members entrusted me to be the representative to negotiate with the Johnzhang group. I hope we can have more in-depth discussions and exchanges on strategies. For example, if the privatization fails, the share price will plummet to the pre-privatization price of RM1.20. How to ensure that the acquirer acquires again after a failed privatization? If they don't make acquisitions anymore, what's next for us?

So I kindly ask Johnzhang to provide contact information so that we can communicate with more details.

zildjian

33 posts

Posted by zildjian > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Johnzhang the roaring kitty .my 👏

Endgame

755 posts

Posted by Endgame > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

44 million for 10% rejection rate to turn down scr
John team 27 mil
Unknown 7 mil
Awaiting 10 mil more (Million at 20)

Look like we can reject already. Nevertheless "million" highlighted the good point, what if price dropped back to 1.20 if the scr fail, and Surin only take years to come bacl, then will you still willing to wait another years?

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

@Millions_at-22,
There will be a MPHB Capital Forum organised by MSWG once the SCR is officially tabled. (As at now, the proposed SCR is still in the hand of SC for approval) . Pls get as many to participate the Forum where a great deal of information and analysis will be exchanged that shall be very helpful for many disinterested shareholders to make up their mind whether to vote for or against the very low SCR offer price of $1.70.

Many unhappy shareholders have written to MSWG to step in . Some have also written directly to the 3 independent directors of the company to express objection to the $1.70 price . May I suggest you do the same as soon as possible too. In your letter, it is good to declare the shareholders' name , shareholdings and make known what price level is deem acceptable to your group. (my group prepare to accept $2.40 ). (Names and contact of independent directors are available in the Annual Report 2023).

My group of friends have considered all factors and hold firm our stance to reject the SCR at $1.70. We have reasons to believe that the Net Realizable Value (NRV) of the company is absolutely irresistible to the offerer who don't really have that much time to wait.

Let's look at the numbers below :
Net Book Value (NBV) of the company as at 31/3/2024 is $1,712 mil
No of paid up share (net of treasury share) 702 mil unit

Offer's (interested party) shareholding 262 mil unit
Disinterested shareholdings 440 mil unit
---------------------------------------------------
Total 702 mil unit
================================

Offerer is offering $748 mil to buy up Disinterested 440 mil share at $1.70/share
Offerer shall take the balance NBV of the company ( ie $1,712 mi - $748 mil) = $964 mil or equivalent to ($964mil/262 mil share) =$3.68/share.

Therefore, the proposed SCR distribution BASED ON NBV is $3.68/share for offerer and $1.70/share for disinterested shareholders. Fair ? Wait !!

You will be shocking to see how unfair the distribution if you consider the NRV of the company. We have very strong reasons to believe that the NRV of the company is conservatively worth $3,500 mil !!! ( Don't have to believe me! . Analyse each and every assets to see it for yourself)
Based on NRV of the company of $3,500 mil, The proposed SCR distribution : Disinterested shareholders get $1.70/share.
The offerer gets (3,500 mil -748 mil =$2,752 mil)/262 mil share or $10.50/share.

Therefore, the proposed SCR distribition BASED ON NRV is $10.50/share for offerer and $1.70/share for disinterested shareholders. Justifiable ?

Will the offerer make another attempt quickly if he can't get his way this round? The answer is on the wall.

For further discussion, you may provide your email contact via MQ Chat in i3investor. We will take it from there.

Posted by Millions_at_22 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

1) net book value 1712mil, the average book value per share is Rm2.43 You can say that Rm2.43 is much lower than Rm1.70, but the comparison between the book value before and after SCR is wrong.

RM3.68 was the result of their acquisition of a majority stake for less than the book value. You obviously know that the book value per share is Rm2.43, why should you deliberately exaggerate it to Rm3.68?

2) MSWG was established to protect the interests of minority shareholders, and MPHBCAP has also formally submitted an announcement to inform minority shareholders of this privatization plan, MPHBCAP has not violated the law, so MSWG will not take any action. Please don't assume that MSWG will help you increase the purchase price. MSWG will not be exploited. (I contacted MSWG in 2021 about the privatization incident)

3) If the company's asset value is 3500mil and the number of shares before SCR is 702mil, that is an average of Rm4.98 per share, here again, why do you deliberately exaggerate to Rm10.50?

4) How can you prove that what you said about Rm4.98 book value per share is true? In the world of investing, everything we say involves the netizens who watch our talks. If we can't come up with a practical proof, then how can we convince others to join in opposing privatization?

5) How can you be sure that the acquirer can no longer wait?

6) You didn't answer the two questions I asked:

i. When the privatisation fails and the share price falls to Rm1.20, what is your strategy for your partners? Most of your partner's investment costs are in Rm1.60 and the share price falls to Rm1.20, which is a 25% paper loss.

ii. How can it be determined that the acquirer will propose privatization again?

7) Can you prove that your group owns 21mil MPHBCAP stock? Because of so many shares, although you have 20 members, there must be at least one of you who has entered the 30 major shareholders, which is your name?

8) I know you started investing in MPHBCAP in 2021 and you get a capital repayment of 40sen per share after divesting the MPI insurance business in 2022. Dividend 5sen for 2022, 5sen for 2023, and 3sen for 2024. The privatization price now was RM1.70.

RM0.40+RM0.05+RM0.05+RM0.03+RM1.70=RM2.23

You've earned a high return per share.

You predicted in 2022 that the company would be privatized between RM1.80 and RM2, and you were smart enough to successfully predict the privatization. The privatization price is only 10sen less than what you predicted, and you've already received RM2.23 per share.

The privatization price is only 10sen lower than your predicted privatization price, which is not a big difference, and you are already making a huge profit. Why is it now being called for the privatization price to be raised so high?Your earnings per share are Rm2.23, which is already more than your predicted privatization price of Rm2.

speakup

26,790 posts

Posted by speakup > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Keyboard warrior hired by Surin?

I've said that I have a team of 20 people.Can't answer my question, so slander me is a keyboard warrior?This is how you express your determination against privatization?I also make a statement that I am neutral, but you cannot answer my questions.

I've already said that my group has 12mil stock. Whether or not you can work together against privatization depends on your answers.

Endgame

755 posts

Posted by Endgame > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Market so bad now, 1.70 sure on

speakup

26,790 posts

@keyboardwarrior, pls tell you boss surin kasi rm2 lah. tolonglah

goh555

42 posts

Posted by goh555 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I agree with it. 0.4+0.5+0.5+0.3+1.7 =2.23

Posted by Kaya Toast > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Millions_at_22, you here to seek allies or against? If you made up your mind the gain is sufficient to your group, vote accordingly. Don't need to bash forum member sharing their analysis. Asking one to proof their shareholding, will it help anything?

Bursino

293 posts

Posted by Bursino > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Dividends are legitimate distributions of profits accumulated over the years, the NTA 2.43 are figures from the balance sheets EX such distributions and based on the current book values not taking into account their future development potentials.

ajkeat

21 posts

Posted by ajkeat > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I strongly agreed with Kaya Toast,we are here in the forum to share and to acquire news that can benefit each other,definitely I feel that it's immature to find fault and question on others. your believe in sharing and reading in this forum does not allow you to justify whether you are right or wrong as your analysis is entirely your own opinion,by the way MSWG did reply me that they are waiting for UOB to come out with the date on EGM before gather us for further discussion.Well,the aquirer is quite senior, definitely,he doesnt want to wait longer to privatise this company so that he can avoid all the huzzle of reporting to the authority,besides,he is rich enough to accept the offer suggestion if the advisor investment bank provide him with a genuine and factual outlook of the company.Afterall,he only need to satisfy minority shareholder and the ultimate gain for him is huge compare to this negligent offer to the minority shareholder.Notwistanding the above,when we announce to Johnzhang of our shareholding so that he can gather the amount of shareholding to file a protest,I just couldnt understand whether we need to exaggerate our amount to prove to others that we indeed do own such amount,is that a need to show proof,of course when time arises and require our participation,we will not hesitate to release the true shareholding.In life,if you can get more benefit and gain,I dont think anyone will reject it,since Johnzhang is trying to fight for his group and himself plus gather us together,I truthfully thank him for his unselfishness and sicerity althouht it may eventually immaterialise.Also,no way the price will go back to !.20 if the privatisation fail, I am not showing off,I can gather RM10 mil to acquire if it fall to that price.MPHB of today is different from yesterday especially John had detailed analysis of this counter,I believe and trust him in this aspect.Finally,I may suggest that if we need to gather together for further discussion when Advisor of MPHB release the news, we can always meet up for hightea in Oneworld hotel One utama reservation book under me.as mention,when we need to meet up.

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

Posted by Johnzhang > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@Millions ,
Your purpose and intention is very obvious !
There is no need to communicate with you anymore. Period.

Expressing that prices will not fall after the failure of privatization means that you do not pay much attention to corporate activity. I have been investing in corporate activities for the past six years. You can also see that after the privatization failure of Ccb, Dbhd, and Scipack, the stock prices have fallen sharply. These are all histories that you can look back on, and I can't fake them. Can you give an example of a failed privatization in which the stock price did not fall?

ajkeat

21 posts

@million,thoes failed privatization counters that you mentioned are not comparable with MPHB,please have a more indepth study,especially,prime location of asset backing,debt free with high reserve and etc etc.Besides,major shareholder appears to be not interested in future business development

Posted by Kaya Toast > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

If your group decided it's in your best interest to vote in favour, that's great and thanks for your sharing. Let other decide what's best for their money or if you desperate the deal must go thru, you may scoop all shares from the market to get enough vote (%) for the deal to go thru.

Posted by Opportunate > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Just ignore @million. Just make our own decision base on our own best interest.
His questions totally didn't make sense to me. Who can be sure that Surin will acquire again after fail to privatize this round. Even Surin also couldn't answer him

If privatization failed , the stock can go either way. If going down , if you have confident with the shares , buy more.
If you worry SCR failed and stock price tumbled , sell now.
Don't expect others will give you the guarantee

I and few friends holding 2+million shares. This is not our majorholding.
My decision simple.
Vote against during SCR , if failed , share price down , I will increase my holding.
If SCR get through , just accept the decision , get 1.70.

I'm betting on the desperation to get the SCR through and SCR will fail. So , the probability of raising SCR price still possible.

you think this privatization will fail, but you will hold shares and wait for losses? You really won't be my partner, that's stupig

My name is hidden in the 30 major shareholders, so I know very well that if Johnzhang really has that many shares, they must have someone who will be the 30 largest shareholders. It seems that you don't have any so-called 20mil stocks at all

@million_22. Do you understand what is scenario analysis ?

If stock investment so certain , you already the richest in the world. No need to fish for info here.

Who really want to partner with those stupi..d but pretend smart?

You not even know the value of MPHBCAP but claim yourself as top 30 shareholder. You thought others in this group as STUPIG as you ?

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

It can’t be more obvious that this Millions fellow is a trojan horse hired to put a spoke in our wheel! He is not a genuine disinterested shareholder. Just ignore him.

@JohnZhang. Agree with you.

Endgame

755 posts

Posted by Endgame > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Update:
44 million for 10% rejection rate to turn down scr
John team 27 mil
Unknown 7 mil
Awaiting 10 mil more (Million at 20-concern price drop back to 1.20, cannot decide)

ajkeat

21 posts

i think this guy is like the KK mark instigator,trying to act like hero,@opportunate,you are absolutely right,he is acting like discouraging you to vote against the SCR offer,he claimed to represent 12 mil of his group and later on claim that he is hidden 30 largest shareholder,what a joke that he wanted to show his knowledge in corporate world,can i tell you that I was SCBank GM during the 90s and currently a retiree cum part time trader with an investment bank,ha ha,we can forget about this guy,as mentioned to Johnzhang,I owned 1 million Mphb share and still holding,I shall be the first one to oppose and vote against the SCR offer,lets wait for the news which i expect within the next 2 weeks

speakup

26,790 posts

Banyak Keyboard Warrior sini

zildjian

33 posts

Posted by zildjian > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@Millions_at_22 lu ktb! lang kiang toh ho, mai keh kiang

speakup

26,790 posts

@keyboardwarrior millions_at_22, please tell your boss Surin, i accept 1.90. last offer.

Posted by GeniusInvestor > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Just a suggestion, for those who want to get higher offer from Surin. Why not take a action, form a consortium and make a counter offer say 1.90? take over the company and share the profit after sold all the assets?

Just for your information, Scipack (previously call Daibochi ). Scientx want to privatize Scipack on 2021 with 2.70 offer price. A lot of minority shareholder reject it. Until now, Scientx doesn't have any plan to offer higher price for privatization.

speakup

26,790 posts

Lu ingat I Billionaire ke?

I thought everyone who want to reject the offer is a Billionaire..

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

@Geniusinvestor , on your counter offer suggestion, I know that some minority shareholders have already written to the independent directors requesting them to seek alternative offers from other bidders for the disinterested shareholding is about 63% of the paid up and alternative bidders can in fact have majority control. If the independent directors totally ignore this request, I suspect these disinterested shareholders may have follow up action . Let’s see how this play out .

Johnzhang

3,098 posts

@Geniusinvestor , Scientex already has about 77% control in Scipack and there is not need for Scientex to own 100% if they don’t see the business worth more than $2.70 they paid for in 2021 privatization attempt .
In fact , I think Scientex was very generous paying $2.70 for a company at about 20x PE and having NTA of about 64 sen only in 2021 (NA in 2021 was 85 sen , but about 21 sen was goodwill/intangible.
Mphb case is very very different!
Important to analyze the details of each case

Post a Comment
Market Buzz