Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 08:58 | Report Abuse

Nelson Mandela, 1918—2013. The world has lost a great man. In Malaysia, we dream that one day another Mandela will arise from our midst and lead us to freedom from the shackles of state-sponsored racism.

2 people like this.

21 comment(s). Last comment by whizzkid125 2013-12-06 14:25

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 08:59 | Report Abuse

Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad

Sad to know that Mandela passed away today. He is a hero of the struggle against racism, and then uniting a divided nation. I enjoyed Long Walk to Freedom and Invictus, and then had the fortune of visiting South Africa including Robben Island during this year's Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference. Everyone should read up about Mandela's courage, leadership and vision.

"During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die."

Nelson Mandela, 1964

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:00 | Report Abuse

Datuk Zaid Ibrahim
Mandela a man of peace is now gone. Lets hope we have half a Mandela emerge in this country one day to save our children from bigots ‪

Umno is a party for the angry. They are always angry. think the world owes them something. It cannot produce half a Mandela

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:01 | Report Abuse

I don't see anyone half a Mandela from the present crop of Umno leaders that's for sure

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:03 | Report Abuse

Farewell, Madiba.

http://s22.postimg.org/uztj1ggyp/nelsonmandela.jpg

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:18 | Report Abuse

Only a man like Nelson Mandela can be jailed for 30 years and come out smiling without not an ounce of bitterness..as determined as ever with his cause..and leave the world beaming with pride that a man of this stature was ever born..I am sure he is smiling that same smile in heaven..
Even God is in awe..saying to himself I get it right sometimes..rarely but sometimes..

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:21 | Report Abuse

R.I.P Nelson Mandela .

“Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity.”
~ Nelson Mandela 1996 Hamba Kahle Tata ~

2 Freedom Fighters
http://s16.postimg.org/etx1lvrd1/image.jpg

Tripaka

2,890 posts

Posted by Tripaka > 2013-12-06 09:25 | Report Abuse

Here he has given...His next journey starts a new beginning...benefiting all living beings.

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:30 | Report Abuse

Tributes began flooding in for a man who was an iconic global symbol of struggle against injustice and of racial reconciliation.

Any UMNO leader CAN BE like Nelson Mandela? I presume they can't even be a 10% of Nelson Mandela. What I admire most of Nelson Mandela is that he stay in power for 5 years & gave it up for the other leaders in South Africa. Nelson Mandela was never power crazy but I remember he said that he had done his job in uniting his people & so gave up his Presidency after being on office for 5 years. Can any UMNO leader do this? Take the case of this CHIEF SHITTER Mamakutty who stay on for 22 years & still now never want to give up his power, still interfering in running or our Beloved Malaysia.

..as Datuk Zaid Ibrahim just said,
Mandela a man of peace is now gone. Lets hope we have half a Mandela emerge in this country one day to save our children from bigots ‪

Umno is a party for the angry. They are always angry. think the world owes them something. It cannot produce half a Mandela

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:35 | Report Abuse

I say Nelson Mandela is a TRUE LEADER of the world. Mind you his picture was the ONLY LEADER OF THE WORLD this is displayed along with all the other past & present of the United Nations Secretary General. I really salute him, a NEVER POWER CRAZY LEADER & not like our UMNO leaders.

JOHANNESBURG: Former South African President Nelson Mandela died peacefully at his Johannesburg home on Thursday after a prolonged lung infection, President Jacob Zuma said.

Mandela, the country’s first black president and anti-apartheid icon, emerged from 27 years in apartheid prisons to help guide South Africa through bloodshed and turmoil to democracy.

“Fellow South Africans, our beloved Nelson Rohlihlahla Mandela, the founding president of our democratic nation, has departed,” Zuma said in a nationally televised address.

“Our people have lost a father. Although we knew this day was going to come, nothing can diminish our sense of a profound and enduring loss. His tireless struggle for freedom earned him the respect of the world. His humility, passion and humanity, earned him their love,” he added.

Mandela would receive a full state funeral, Zuma said, ordering flags to be flown at half mast.

Mandela rose from rural obscurity to challenge the might of white minority apartheid government – a struggle that gave the 20th century one of its most respected and loved figures.

He was among the first to advocate armed resistance to apartheid in 1960, but was quick to preach reconciliation and forgiveness when the country’s white minority began easing its grip on power 30 years later.

Mandela was elected president in landmark all-race elections in 1994 and retired in 1999.

He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993, an honour he shared with F.W. de Klerk, the white Afrikaner leader who released from jail arguably the world’s most famous political prisoner.

As president, Mandela faced the monumental task of forging a new nation from the deep racial injustices left over from the apartheid era, making reconciliation the theme of his time in office.

The hallmark of Mandela’s mission was the Truth and Reconciliation Commission which probed apartheid crimes on both sides of the struggle and tried to heal the country’s wounds. It also provided a model for other countries torn by civil strife.

In 1999, Mandela handed over power to younger leaders better equipped to manage a modern economy – a rare voluntary departure from power cited as an example to African leaders.

In retirement, he shifted his energies to battling South Africa’s AIDS crisis and the struggle became personal when he lost his only surviving son to the disease in 2005.

Mandela’s last major appearance on the global stage came in 2010 when he attended the championship match of the soccer World Cup, where he received a thunderous ovation from the 90,000 at the stadium in Soweto, the neighbourhood in which he cut his teeth as a resistance leader.

Charged with capital offences in the infamous 1963 Rivonia Trial, his statement from the dock was his political testimony.

“During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. – Reuters

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:39 | Report Abuse

R.I.P. Nelson Mandela, 1918-2013
http://s7.postimg.org/7cl4rojqz/nm2.jpg

You will always be remembered.

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:50 | Report Abuse

Only a man like Nelson Mandela can be jailed for 30 years and come out smiling without not an ounce of bitterness..as determined as ever with his cause..and leave the world beaming with pride that a man of this stature was ever born..I am sure he is smiling that same smile in heaven..
Even God is in awe..saying to himself I get it right sometimes..rarely but sometimes

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 09:57 | Report Abuse

Love & Respect, President Nelson Mandela

..this is the man who single handed destroy apartheid, racism & discrimination in the world but the UMNO leader are practicing the opposite, what a shame indeed.

http://s18.postimg.org/dd1d32yw9/nm3.jpg

Nelson Mandela death: The man who destroyed apartheid

After being jailed for life in 1964, Nelson Mandela became a worldwide symbol of resistance to apartheid. But his opposition to racism began many years before.

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 10:11 | Report Abuse

As a politician one should behave like a statesman..but in my country they can't even behave like a man..not even half a man!

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 12:41 | Report Abuse

"Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people."~~ Nelson Mandela "为了人民的自由,真正的领袖一定要准备牺牲一切!" ~~曼德拉

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 12:49 | Report Abuse

I would like to to request for us to take a moment of silence...

In show of RESPECT and our Prayers in remembrance of A TRUE ICON and the lost of A TRUE "HERO" whom fought for Freedom, Equality, and against Racism and Oppression...

You WILL 'ALWAYS' BE REMEMBERED by us all!
And you are 'personally' one or MY 'inspirations' in life.

May you Rest In Peace NELSON MANDELA!

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 13:29 | Report Abuse

Former South African President and anti-apartheid revolutionary hero Nelson Mandela has died at age 95 yesterday? WILL OUR COUNTRY MALAYSIA FLY OUR JALUR GEMILANG AT HALF MAST FOR HIS HONOUR?

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 13:34 | Report Abuse

23 YEARS AGO, WE LOST OUR BAPA MALAYSIA.

Is it a coincidence? Perhaps. But we are reminded that once, we too had a leader who profoundly believed that all Malaysians regardless of creed or colour, had an equal place in this beautiful land.

RIP Nelson Mandela. Today also marks the 23rd death anniversary of Malaysia's first Prime Minister Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj (Feb 8, 1903 - Dec 6, 1990)

Posted by faberlicious > 2013-12-06 13:58 | Report Abuse

Barack Obama's Personal Tribute To Nelson Mandela

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqIdhotX0bs

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 14:21 | Report Abuse

UMNO leaders please learn this from Nelson Mandela, a true leader.

没有人一生下来就必须因为肤色、背景和宗教不同而仇视别人。那些活在憎恨中的人应该学习爱,因为爱比很更容易感动人心。-----曼德拉

与大家共勉,也送给目前正在对着非土著炮火连天的巫统中央代表们,虽然没有期望他们看得懂。。。。

No one is born hating another person because of the colour of the skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.----Nelson Mandela

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2013-12-06 14:25 | Report Abuse

Obituary: Nelson Mandela http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22892784

Post a Comment
Market Buzz