MULPHA INTERNATIONAL BHD

KLSE (MYR): MULPHA (3905)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.02 (0.80%)

Day's Change

2.49 - 2.50

Trading Volume

14 people like this.

3,099 comment(s). Last comment by Siow Looi 2 days ago

MK Chng

70 posts

Posted by MK Chng > 2012-02-08 09:35 | Report Abuse

something difference to share:
For the past 2years(i drop the long time story),i mananged to make money from KLSE----every year on one or two stocks only.I servey,study and collect nearly all informations that concerned with the particular stock,then start waiting for good times to go in and accumulate......(no rumours,no tips,no insider info.)When the target(buying amount) reached,i just go anywhere to do anything Except the stock market.......relax and wait for the Turn to come,it will come sooner or later,no worry!!!
Set a simple rule for yourself to follow if you are not that "displine"kind.......A selling price to follow when it starting to rise.....
JUST for YOUR REference ONLY:
1) CME----bought at 4cents----7cents,hold 6 months,sold at 11cents----14cents(2011)
2) JCY----bought at 50---60cents,hold 3 months,sold at 85--95cents(2011-2012)
3) Unisem--bought at 99--102cents,hold 1 month,sold at 140--160cents(2012)
My latest stock in hand:
U don't have to believe,just watch the coming up:
Mulpha int.(bought 40---42cents)
Happy Trading,i hope everybody can make Money from the stock market WISELY,smartly and don't lose money............Good Luck,my dear frens of All...@07/02/2012

yewkhian

197 posts

Posted by yewkhian > 2012-02-08 10:14 | Report Abuse

Thanks for sharing Mk Chng :)

life

58 posts

Posted by life > 2012-02-08 10:27 | Report Abuse

Chng, always like yr comment. U r a wiseman! Can kindly share why pick Mulpha n what is yr TP?

MK Chng

70 posts

Posted by MK Chng > 2012-02-08 11:13 | Report Abuse

i choose this counter after a deep studied....it is time to collect or accumulate at the range of 39cents----43cents.Fundamentally it's good and worth at this selling price,and theorically it has finished the consolidation period and maybe turn uptrend anytimes from now....especially after breaking 43cents.....may test the 47cents barrier,if break thro'...can go to 60cents....THAT's all my own opinion,No tips and No Sure win.....Trade at your Own RISK!!!!
I just share my experience,never expect U to follow.....
Anyways,happy trading,my dear frens:-)

gohshiau

86 posts

Posted by gohshiau > 2012-02-08 12:44 | Report Abuse

Thanks MK

life

58 posts

Posted by life > 2012-02-08 12:49 | Report Abuse

Appreciate it!

Posted by kschai77i3 > 2012-02-08 12:52 | Report Abuse

There were so many "share buy back" during last Q of 2011. They have collected so enough bullets and ready to shot now?

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-08 14:50 | Report Abuse

Mulpha price is rising slowly and steadily from the low of 0.38 to 0.425 during the last two weeks. It stays consistently above the lines of 20MA and 50MA and is fast approaching the 200MA line at 0.44. Be on your mark, and get set to break through this all-crucial 200MA barrier! It may happen as soon as within the next two weeks.

MK Chng

70 posts

Posted by MK Chng > 2012-02-08 15:46 | Report Abuse

coming.......on the ways to touch my target...

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-08 22:21 | Report Abuse

Mulpha pierced through the all-important 200MA line today touching intra-day high of 0.455; that is very very positive. However, the price needs to move another 10% to confirm the uptrend or else it is another dead cat bounce

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-10 10:46 | Report Abuse

Mulpha is a good proxy play of Iskandar Development Region in Johor Bahru. It owns Leisure Farm- a high-end low-density property development within the super prime area of Nusajaya New Township. The development is only 11 km or 15 minutes drive away from the Singapore Immigration Check point via Second Link.

With the Singapore Government restricting foreign property ownership on the island, through the imposition of heavy stamp duty, it is highly probable the excess foreign demand would be diverted to Johor Bahru. Leisure Farm is one of the major beneficiaries.

Leisure Farm has a total area of 1,371 acres of free hold land. Probably close to 650 acres of land are left for development. With the current market price of development land hovering around RM30 psf, the total market value could easily fetch RM850 million.

Jake

493 posts

Posted by Jake > 2012-02-10 21:35 | Report Abuse

Proxy play for Iskandar...may wish to go for Tebrau or UEMLand too!

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-12 16:18 | Report Abuse

Here are some points to think about concerning the direction of Mulpha price for the next few months.

Mulpha has been rolling on the average floor price of 0.40 for the last 2 1/2 years until recently. The main reason for this doldrum is the persistent and continuous selling of Mulpha shares by Goldman Sachs.

The Hedge Fund bought a substantial stake of 165 million shares from the open market between Oct to Dec 2010. For some unknown reasons, the Fund began to sell down their holding from January 2011 onward.

By October 2011, the outstanding stock was 118 million shares. No further info of shareholding of Goldman Sachs was reported after this date because the shareholding dropped to below 5%.

Probably by June or earlier, the Fund would have sold everything. Mulpha price would gradually edge up over next few months as the selling tapers off. This might explain the current surge of Mulpha price.

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-15 21:34 | Report Abuse

Mulpha has just sold a HK company for around RM110 million raking in a tidy net profit of RM57 million. Not a big deal but will increase the cash position quite a bit.

Despite corrections in the last few days, Mulpha chart still looks positive with price staying above 200MA. 20MA will soon cross 200MA line, that is a mini golden cross which indicates near term bullishness

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-18 00:17 | Report Abuse

Mulpha is moving slowly but steadily. The downside risk is minimal as the stock has fairly solid asset backing of 1.24 per share. I think one can easily make a profit of 50% within this year. However, much patience is required.

The company has been buying back shares for the last one year. They bought back 1.89 million shares within last 2 days. Goldman Sachs' holding is dwindling and would dry up completely soon.

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-18 16:53 | Report Abuse

Someone asked me a question yesterday: Why is Goldman Sachs selling all the Mulpha shares if its asset backing is so good at 1.24? Here is the answer:-

Mulpha is a high beta stock holding a substantial stake in FKP Australia (retirement home developer and provider). There was rumour that FKP was the subject of hostile take-over in 2010. Being a hedge fund, Goldman Sachs was trying to capitalise on the rumour and bought into Mulpha. Before they could profit anything, GS ran into financial difficulties as a result of Euro crisis and Mulpha was not interested in selling FKP. GS sold assets in many countries to raise cash.

At the time of GS purchase, a substantial shareholder, Honest Opportunity was selling. The table was turned around when GS was selling aggressively- Honest Opportunity was buying by the millions of shares at very low price of between 0.37 to 0.40. GS lost their pants! Hedge funds are big time speculators, sometimes they win and sometimes they lose and they are not bothered.

ckchung

55 posts

Posted by ckchung > 2012-02-18 17:24 | Report Abuse

petracot thank u for the valuable infor u r a real investor cum analyst!

Ram Cheong

450 posts

Posted by Ram Cheong > 2012-02-18 21:04 | Report Abuse

even with such a good asset backing n high volume traded the price still not moving . ............ really got to be very patience with this counter .

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-19 13:54 | Report Abuse

Here is more information about MUlpha:

Besides Iskandar, Mulpha is also a good proxy play for Australian property market. It owns a number of prized assets in Australia including:

InterContinental Hotel in Sydney,
Sanctuary Cove property development in Gold Coast,
five-star private island development in Hayman,
Retirement home development etc.

The asset value is RM1.24 per share in 2010 but since then, Aussie Dollar has appreciated from RM2+ to RM3+

MK Chng

70 posts

Posted by MK Chng > 2012-02-19 14:15 | Report Abuse

to invest not only needed capital,also must have patience and confidence.....unlike speculation,fast money not so easy to earn...Just stayed calm and keep an eye on it....

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-21 15:53 | Report Abuse

Mulpha has decisively broken through the 200MA line and the 20MA is touching and about to cross 200MA line. Quite obvious, Mulpha is embarking on a short to medium term uptrend climb. In such situation, Elliot Wave Principle is probably the best approach to predict Mulpha's future move (1st Up, 2nd Down, 3rd Up, 4th Down, 5th Up).

Mulpha has completed the 1st wave by moving from 0.38 to 0.50. Currently it is moving downward on its 2nd wave from 0.50 to 0.46 approximately. 3rd wave is about to break out in a few weeks' time, probably moving upward from 0.46 to 0.56 region.

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-02-24 16:42 | Report Abuse

I think the downward 2nd wave has completed by bottoming out at 0.42 yesterday. Looks like 3rd wave is beginning to unfold today by moving to intra-day high of 0.44 in the afternoon. Let's watch whether 3rd wave can be confirmed next week.

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-03-03 11:38 | Report Abuse

Mulpha is resting precariously on the 200MA line, uncertain of which direction it would go. It all depends on the underlying market forces of Bursa Malaysia. If bullish sentiment prevails over bearish mood, there is a chance Mulpha may bounce off from the 200MA line and begin its attempt of the 3rd wave march. However, if Mulpha breaks below its 200MA line at 42 sen and further below its 50MA at 41 sen, then the 5-wave theory will not hold any more. It will be back to square one - hibernation.

There is a glimmer of hope for Mulpha - the company is fairly active in supporting the price by buying back shares, especially in bear market. A cautious reminder here: Golden Sachs still holds some Mulpha shares and they are probably still selling.

petracot

179 posts

Posted by petracot > 2012-03-20 21:01 | Report Abuse

Mulpha is holding quite well at around 42 sen. However, the price is basically supported by the company's share buy-backs. It would need more positive market sentiments for Mulpha price to be self-sustaining or self-propelling.

Posted by Joshua Lee > 2012-06-01 00:43 | Report Abuse

Petracot, I have been holding it for almost 1 1/2 years and with huge paper loss since I got it at very high price of 64c!

Im very tempted to cut it because apart from the non-performance of the share price, the co. is not performing at all - erratic earnings, not expansion despite holding a fairly large sum of cash, not rewarding suffering shareholders (like me) despite having bought back so tonnes of shares (it should reward shareholders by giving back the shares as dividends).

Any views or suggestion?

jacklew

499 posts

Posted by jacklew > 2012-06-13 16:07 | Report Abuse

Joshua, good call.

jacklew

499 posts

Posted by jacklew > 2012-06-13 16:08 | Report Abuse

Petracot, since the company is holding so much of cash, is there any reason they are not paying dividend to its share holders?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-15 12:25 | Report Abuse

@jacklew, i cannot answer for Petracot, but Mulpha is holding cash to take advantage of opportunities for share buybacks in my opinion.

@ joshua, i got in almost the same price as you, but i think eventually it will rebound. unless you need your money for something else, you have nothing to lose to hold on to it for a little while longer. Like Petracot said, give it time for let them unlock values to their assets.

jacklew

499 posts

Posted by jacklew > 2012-06-18 11:38 | Report Abuse

@KC, thank you. I'm tempted to enter at its share price now but got the mixed feeling that will stuck for a long time in view of its past records....

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-18 14:53 | Report Abuse

@jacklew, its possible for it to be stuck for a while now. Mulpha needs some sort of catalyst to make it move. Currently, it is sitting on a pile of cash, good hotel properties and a big landbank buy its not really having anything going to excite the market. its a cyclical stock in that you have to wait for the Australian figures to come in to boost earnings. I would say you would be better off studying UEM Land as an apple-to-apple comparison.

jacklew

499 posts

Posted by jacklew > 2012-06-18 15:12 | Report Abuse

@KC, you means better to look at UEMLAND now??

Jake

493 posts

Posted by Jake > 2012-06-18 15:37 | Report Abuse

UEMLand is sitting on gold mine in Nusajaya...expect encouraging dividends and appreciation of share price considering it is now on a "tipping point" whereby many of their projects are beginning to bear fruits..

Jake

493 posts

Posted by Jake > 2012-06-18 15:37 | Report Abuse

UEMLand is sitting on gold mine in Nusajaya...expect encouraging dividends and appreciation of share price considering it is now on a "tipping point" whereby many of their projects are beginning to bear fruits..

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-18 16:40 | Report Abuse

@jacklew, yeah, that's what i meant! its the closest comparison because both are holding vast tracts of lands, in the country especially the goldmine Nusajaya and abroad. In the part of UEM Land, please be mindful that its govt-owned thru proxy, so it may not be favorably this year to dividend when BN needs money for GE13. Good to always check track records and management team.

jacklew

499 posts

Posted by jacklew > 2012-06-18 16:44 | Report Abuse

@KC, Thank you. Will check it out.

kcfan

1,881 posts

Posted by kcfan > 2012-06-19 21:31 | Report Abuse

(MULPHA, 3905, the Chairman of the Main Board of Trade and service shares) Lee Seng Huang said the company will continue to engage in stock repurchases in order to narrow the company's share price and net tangible assets (NTA) distance. Lee Seng Huang pointed out that the horse of the future of international development and its share price performance are closely related. Therefore, the company will choose to stock repurchase or sale of non-core assets, to narrow the distance of the net tangible assets and share price. Stock repurchases in addition to boost the share price performance, better for the shareholders a greater interest and value. Up to now, we have repurchased approximately 3-4% of the stock. " Lee Seng Huang is the 38th shareholder in the company Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting, a statement to reporters. Accompanied at the press conference, including the chief executive officer Chung Tze Hien. According to the news released by the Exchange, the company had in June 5, repurchase 458,400 shares, shares of the total repurchase up to 80,681,600 shares, accounting for 3.4% of the paid-up capital. At the same time, the horse of international current stock price in the price of 0.41 ringgit, its net tangible assets was 1.30 ringgit. Therefore, its price is only 0.3 times book value (P / BV), the company hopes to reduce this gap through stock repurchase.

Right time to collect ??

kcfan

1,881 posts

Posted by kcfan > 2012-06-20 20:47 | Report Abuse

Have a good start for today.Cheer..

Posted by Joshua Lee > 2012-06-21 01:07 | Report Abuse

KC Loh, thanks for your views.

While i dont need the money right now (it's just a small amount that I invested in this counter), I feel quite upset that it's costing me not only paper capital loss but also opportunity costs in that the money could be put to better use by buying other "performing" counters.

Well at least the young Chairman finally said something about the depressing share price performance and the company's lack of activities in the past few years (apart from selling off a few of its holdings).

I still think they should really reward existing shareholders with dividend shares. Other good companies find ways to reward shareholders when they are not expanding or performing, e.g. TM and Maxis with their generous dividends. And now TM is on the growth path again.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-21 01:48 | Report Abuse

share buyback is good. dont fret!

less share outstanding, more value! rule of thumb!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-22 21:45 | Report Abuse

20 June 2012
Mulpha International Bhd's shareholders approved plans to undertake a dividend reinvestment plan to allow shareholders to reinvest their dividend in new ordinary shares, board of directors exploring ways to close gap between NTA and market price - executive chairman Lee Seng-Huang
Mulpha International Bhd, which is trading at a large discount to its net tangible assets (NTA), is looking at narrowing this gap, according to executive chairman Lee Seng-Huang.

“We are very frustrated with the share price performance. The market price and NTA gap is very large. The board (of directors) is exploring ways to close the gap,” he said after the company's AGM.

As at March 31, Mulpha International's NTA stood at RM1.32 while its share price was 41 sen at the close yesterday.

Lee said the group would close the huge gap between its share price and NTA either through a share buyback programme or assets disposal that was above NTA.

“We are also looking at acquisition opportunities in the region but so far have not seen anything that was compelling in terms of value. Thus, we see more value in our share buyback exercise,” he said, adding that Mulpha had bought back 3% to 4% of its shares.

Mulpha is one company which believes in rewarding shareholders through share buybacks rather than dividend payment. The company had made numerous share buyback exercises to boost its share price.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-22 21:48 | Report Abuse

continue.....

The company started buying back its shares in 2001 when the share price was trading below 40 sen for most of the time. It continued its buyback effort in 2002 and 2003 until it reached the maximum 10% of share capital allowed.

The exercise saw its share price appreciate. Subsequently, the company repeated the share buyback exercises over the past few years.

Lee explained that by selling land it could unlock the NTA and use the proceeds to buy another piece of land which was more value accretive.

Asked if its options included privatisation, Lee said: “That's not a decision of the board. The board cannot take the company private. Certain shareholders may have to consider the options.”

Meanwhile, he said the company was “pretty much done” in terms of disposing of its non-core business, adding that the company had sold off the crane and paint business.

According to reports, Mulpha recently sold its 31,516 sq ft land in Jalan Sultan Ismail for RM104mil, or about RM3,300 per sq ft.

At the AGM, shareholders also approved Mulpha's plans to undertake a dividend reinvestment plan to allow shareholders to reinvest their dividend in new ordinary shares of 50 sen each.

Separately, Lee said it was “not high priority” for the company to enter a new market, especially new developing markets like Vietnam. He said the company still had 2,000 acres of undeveloped land in Malaysia.

Source: www.thestar.com.my

jhpp86

32 posts

Posted by jhpp86 > 2012-06-23 22:02 | Report Abuse

hi kc , May i know what is NTA ?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-23 23:23 | Report Abuse

The chairman said and i quote

"As at March 31, Mulpha International's NTA stood at RM1.32 while its share price was 41 sen at the close yesterday."

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-23 23:26 | Report Abuse

this is a classic case of you can buy up the whole company with 1/4 of its worth. Companies like this invite hostile takeovers and corporate raiders. So for those holding the shares, the upside potential is definitely there! even if this is taken over (highly doubtful), people would still need to pay you the premium to take it off your hands.

all the best to Mulpha Intl. shareholders

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-06-23 23:31 | Report Abuse

@jhpp86, sorry about the misread. NTA is net tangible assets!

jhpp86

32 posts

Posted by jhpp86 > 2012-06-24 00:50 | Report Abuse

Thanks KC, just start to learn investment
and read ur info.it very detail and good.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-07-11 19:56 | Report Abuse

There is a slew of share buyback from Mulpha today announced in Bursa. Hope this augurs well for Mulpha's share price soon! If only the new chairman and his (probably inexperienced: read above) board could effect bonus shares, this would be one of the way to stimulate the share market.

It has money no doubt, but share buyback to me is a long term goal, and will not excite the market especially if the share base is large.

kcfan

1,881 posts

Posted by kcfan > 2012-07-11 20:14 | Report Abuse

KC,base on my observation,Mulpha is net tangible assets was 1.30 ringgit. Therefore, its price is only 0.3 times book value (P / BV), the company hopes to reduce this gap through stock repurchase.It is the deem under value stock.Is great to collect for long term invest.Have a nice trading day's ahead.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-07-11 22:10 | Report Abuse

kcfan, i am with you. Its undervalued by a big margin and price is slow in appreciating or reflecting the BV nor asset. That is the exasperation of the chairman also. from this, i deduce he is relative inexperience in keeping the analysts up to date or excite the market. Well, i am buying at fundamentals, so it will be a keep ......for a looooonnnggg while! :)

rookiemy

357 posts

Posted by rookiemy > 2012-07-20 11:02 | Report Abuse

should see a rally from here.

Post a Comment