QL RESOURCES BHD

KLSE (MYR): QL (7084)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.02 (0.42%)

Day's Change

4.65 - 4.74

Trading Volume

4 people like this.

2,731 comment(s). Last comment by LalisaFang 2 weeks ago

CharlesT

14,889 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-06-01 18:11 | Report Abuse

U want to tell everybody how rich u are how many shares u hv how long 8s yr cock pls go ahead n enjoy yrself...nobody will stop you..

Nobody will join you too..

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-01 18:14 | Report Abuse

Find me one line, one sentence in my entire comments history where I promote to someone to go ahead and buy QL. Go ahead.

I dare you.

If you can't find a sentence where I tell someone on i3 to buy QL, please don't forget to apologize for trolling me for no reason than to troll for fun. In fact at each and every turn I use QL only as an example of what to look for in analyzing a company and not to buy it at pe50 at all. I don't sell subscription ( I even promote kcchonz to new investors), I don't do buy calls.

All I do is inform what I bought and how much I bought it at. And also why I did it. The goal is not for investors to follow me to buy QL, but at what criteria to look for in their own.

And at each stage I tell them that my investment in QL was made many many many years ago.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

>>>>>>>

CharlesT So far i only see one cheater here trying to promote pe 50+ ql to new investors lah
01/06/2019 6:05 PM

CharlesT

14,889 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-06-01 18:17 | Report Abuse

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > Jun 1, 2019 6:00 PM | Report Abuse

How to cheat? It's in the chart. You both really half past 6 investors. It's all in record and on chart. This part can't cheat.

Not like some people who boldly claim no dividend to cheat new investors.

Aiyo who are the one to start blaming to cheat new investors..calling somebody as half past six investors leh

Dont start the fire if u cant stand the heat

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-01 18:17 | Report Abuse

Half past 6 investor, can you read QL annual and quarterly report first? Then come back and have a proper discussion. I hate wasting time with kids who only use apps but don't read important documents with regards to investing.

CharlesT

14,889 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-06-01 18:20 | Report Abuse

I better save my time n energy for other stocks...QL no thanks

CharlesT

14,889 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-06-01 18:21 | Report Abuse

Stupid idiots....half past 6 investors...

Is it how our seniors trying to teach us?

Sad.....

CharlesT

14,889 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2019-06-01 18:23 | Report Abuse

Cant we raise our points n discuss in a more civilised way n in a better manner?

Sslee

6,261 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-06-01 18:31 | Report Abuse

Dear Philip,
Your question: Did sslee predict drop off profit in INSAS and inari?

For INSAS I do not do prediction because I know actually the earning will come from M&A Securities, INSAS Credit and Leasing and share of profit from associate companies and every 1 cents INARI dividend is RM 6 million cash inflow to INSAS. What I cannot know is fair value gain/loss on quoted share investment or when Dato’ Sri Thong will sell some Inari share to realize the profit.

As of Inari Dato Wong already told me the profit will drop this financial year and as of next financial year it will depend on the 5G roll out and the development of Plant 34 in Batu Kawan: “Construction of Block A with a floor space of 240,000 sqft has been completed and we target to build in the facilities by Jan-March 2019. Production of a new product is expected to commence by second half of 2019.
Block A has been allocated to one of our current customers while Blocks B & C are targeted for new customers. We endeavour to diversify our customer base while still maintaining good relationship with our existing customers. There are potential customers for the remaining 2 blocks, however, we are qualifying customers to select those with good products margin in the niche segments.
Health sensor is mainly used in lifestyle apps and activity tracker devices such as wearables and smartphones. We are in the right technology area as there is growing demand for health conscious real-time monitoring devices. MiniLED is mainly used in billboard advertisement. Our MiniLED production has started in small scale and it is important project for our Company which aligns to digital and modern applications.
Focus on managing costs and margin, and the implementation of Industry 4.0 to acheive greater efficiencies towards lowering of the manufacturing costs”
Thank you

PS: “I am holding and will be holding QL for the next 10-20 years exactly because I can reasonably predict how the business will do long term.” If I am not mistaken you once say you will make your investment decision after study each quarterly result. So please continues with this good practice of yours because QL is now an 11 billion investment.

newbie4444

1,264 posts

Posted by newbie4444 > 2019-06-02 20:42 | Report Abuse

Philip are you EPF employee? Why EPF follow your call?

5354_

4,766 posts

Posted by 5354_ > 2019-06-03 09:22 | Report Abuse

i3 better close shop. Why newbie question nobody can answer haha.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-03 10:20 | Report Abuse

Forget Ql the manipulated stock

Go buy Asb, Mui Bhd or TalamT

Wait until value unlock then sell

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-03 10:22 | Report Abuse

5354_

These are stocks with potential

Buy pohuat as it will benefit from Us-China trade war

Buy Uzma, T7 global or Azrb as they have catalyst from Petronas Rm21.7 billions job awards

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-03 10:31 | Report Abuse

Only fake accountant likes fake Ql

Quack lapsap

At almost Rm7.00 giving a mere 4.25 sen dividend?

A big joke like transmile and Megan media

Dividend yield is not even 1%

Both transmile and Megan media gave better dividends than QL the Quack lapsap

Sell before it goes limit down!!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-06-03 13:04 | Report Abuse

calvin

true understanding is why people like QL, not why is QL PE 50 , not 20.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-06-03 17:42 | Report Abuse

calvin....none of your share good enough for EPF to buy............

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-03 19:03 | Report Abuse

Sorry I'm not an epf employee. To be honest I don't think epf knows how to buy shares in Bursa. Their main revenue are from fixed income streams.

But why I buy QL and why epf and other institution buy QL is very simple.

2010 results:. 1.47 billion in revenue 106 million in earnings.
2014 results:. 2.49 billion in revenue 159 million in earnings.
2018 results:. 3.26 billion in revenue 206 million in earnings.

This year:. 3.61 BILLION IN REVENUE, 216 MILLION IN EARNINGS.

The questions you should ask yourself, how much debt is needed to generate this kind of growth, how sustainable is it, and how much growth is there more to gain by 2022 and 2026.

Not the little nitpicking newbie investors like calvintaneng seem to enjoy so much.

Which one you prefer, enjoy now, or enjoy later?

Berkshire Hathaway has never given out a dividend, neither has Amazon.

QL gives out low dividends? Please. All Calvin to research properly how many times QL stock split bonus shares and still maintain dividend ( growing) and company revenues and earnings.

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/pfs/123029.jsp

FYI this is Calvin portfolio. If you put 100000 divided equally into all these stocks, you can do the math on your total distributed returns over 5-10 years.

I put my money into QL dumb dumb for 10 years already. You can see how my return has done compared to Calvin tan.

>>>>>>>>>>

newbie4444 Philip are you EPF employee? Why EPF follow your call?
02/06/2019 8:42 PM

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-03 19:56 | Report Abuse

People also put money in Transmile and in 10 years Transmile up from rm2 to Rm15

Transmile even paid a higher dividend than Ql

Then?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-03 19:59 | Report Abuse

Transmile at Rm15 paid 20 sen dividend while QL near Rm7 paid 4.25 sen

See who paid more?

BUT Bernice Madoff pay even much higher and that for many many years

In the end of end games?

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-03 20:18 | Report Abuse

Thats why Calvin tan is poor investor. Can't differentiate between business models of transmile and QL. So sad.

Maybe I can teach Calvin a few lessons.

Ql owners own 70% of ql. the owners are also the founders and also the management.

Gan founded transmile, but sold his 25% share to kuok group. Kuok group let gan manage everything without monitoring closely on the internal deals.

Who stands to lose more on accounting scandals? Be smart like Philip. Don't be silly and compare two differently managed companies Apple to Apple like Calvin.

Transmile had reducing revenues every year, big losses, but still able to give it dividend. How don't is that? When restatement occur on accounting, this did not occur one year or next, but occur over and over again.

That is why Philip learn to look at the business first, then the financial reports, then the charts.

Whereas newbie like Calvin always keep harping on NTA NTA NTA, when the business itself is not making money, debts everywhere, and company have to keep selling assets to keep creditors at Bay.

Talamt(land), INSAS (shares in inari), protasco( rights issue), asianpac ( Iculs).

If business is positive, revenue and earnings are growing, good companies will continue to add assets, not sell them off cheaply. Calvin has never learned this fact. Calvin never will understand how wonderful companies work, because Calvin has never bought one.

MAYBE CALVIN ALSO ONE OF THE POOR SHOULD CAUGHT IN TRANSMILE VALUE TRAP? OH NO. MAY JESUS FORGIVE YOUR POOR SOUL...

Please Calvin, grow up.

BUY WONDERFUL COMPANIES AT FAIR PRICE, NOT BUY LOUSY SHIT COMPANIES LIKE PERISAI, PROTASCO, TALAMT, AT LOW LOW PRICE.

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-03 20:41 | Report Abuse

It's not the dividend that matters, it's the cash flow generation and what management does with the cash flow.

In 2016, QL bet big on getting family mart franchise, with 108 units now and building more and more, their target of 400 stores is very much possible and in line.

Think about.

A company that started with collecting seaweed and feedmill processing.

Transition into a surumi producing company.

Expand into a poultry and egg producing company.

Expand into palm oil refineries and plantation company.

Expand into frozen seafood and sea catch export company.

Expand into other countries, replicate it's business model in Vietnam, Indonesia, South East Asia.

Expand into family mart convenience stores.

How many companies become 11 billion dollar monsters?

This is what happens if you follow and invest in wonderful companies paying fair price.

They have a target for double digits growth for the next ten years.

I hope Calvin finds his next QL, and buys more quarterly for 10 years.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-03 21:19 | Report Abuse

Ha

I caught one rat in Ql's report on oil palms

How could Ql cooked up 13.5% for oil palm business?

This one is suspect.

If this one is suspect then the rest?

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-06-03 22:20 | Report Abuse

Philip. Stop wasting your time on raider. He is neither truthful nor honest. Move on.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-06-03 22:23 | Report Abuse

Philip. As for Calvin, I have observed him for a long time. I am not impressed by his claims at all.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-06-03 22:38 | Report Abuse

I don't discourage people from buying quality shares.

Calvin thinks he needs to discourage people from quality shares so calvin shares can go up.

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-04 00:22 | Report Abuse

United plantations has 20+% on their palm oil plantation returns.
I'm sure there are many rats there as well.

How come people still believe in QL and UTDPLT?

Oh gosh, everyone but Calvin must be blind.

I would believe Calvin in a heartbeat, if I had never read his promotions on t7, uzma, sasbadi, asianpac, talamt, protasco, PERISAI, etc etc.

If those stock picks are suspect, then the rest?

>>>>>>>>>

I caught one rat in Ql's report on oil palms

How could Ql cooked up 13.5% for oil palm business?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-04 14:37 |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-04 17:19 |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-04 17:36 | Report Abuse

Posted by Hunter 88 Hunter 88 > Jun 4, 2019 5:28 PM | Report Abuse

We will see who the best research

WHAT RESEARCH?

COWS ONLY DO ONE TYPE OF SEARCH

SEARCH FOR GRASS AND VEGETATION!!!

HOW CAN COW DO RESEARCH?

COW TYPE OF INVESTORS WILL NEVER EVER BUY CYCLICALS, TURNAROUND OR ASSET PLAYS

NEITHER DO COW EVER EAT BEEF STEAK!

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-05 13:43 | Report Abuse

Using this analogy, those who eat healthy food a be vegetables have proven to have longer live, healthier and better standard of living.

Those who eat too much steak end up overweight, full of health problems, be prepared for her at attack and heart bypass.

My advise, even though eating steak is a very good temptation, skip eating too much fatty food and stick to simple, balanced and clean diets.

Skip the steak, it is risky and full of carcinogens. Not to mention expensive and bad for the heart.

Calvin full of heart problems? Then stop investing in risky bets, stick to wonderful INVESTMENTs instead of cheap food err I mean low quality INVESTMENTs.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-05 18:50 | Report Abuse

Philip is an ignoramous

Tun Dr M favourite is roast steak

He is a healthy 94 year old

As for you better keep your mouth shut

Go learn from Peter Lynch who can invest in 2000 shares

All classes of shares he can buy including cyclicals, turnarounds and assets play.

These are hard solid food which will not and cannot eat. There are so many of these in Bursa which you are unable to detect with your tunnel vision

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-05 18:57 | Report Abuse

Sifu Raider is correct about Philip

A person with intellect but zero integrity so he can cheat and tell blatant lies !!!

Lying through his teeth

All dear i3 forumers wake up and beware

Warren Buffet said there are 3 important things

1. Talent

2. Intelligence

3. Integrity

If you only have talent and intelligence also no use if you don't have integrity

That was what happened to Lucifer

Lucifer had talent and intelligence but no integrity

In the end Lucifer rebelled against God, fell and turned into Satan

So is Philip. Philip will turn into Pariah!

Posted by enigmatic [Breaker of Speculative Investing] > 2019-06-06 14:05 | Report Abuse

Well, QL has had 10 continuous uninterrupted years of giving dividends, which many companies fail to do. Generally good companies give generous dividends but QL puts its cash into good use by reinvesting in its business, which is delayed gratification for investors when QL churns bigger profits in future.

To say Philip has no integrity or his stock analysis is baseless is entirely untrue. His stock analysis carries more weight than 90% of what us i3investor forumers' comments. At least his stock picks produce sustainable returns with low risk as compared to speculative hot stocks which have high risk of capital loss.

Posted by (US/CHN trade war doesn't matter) Philip > 2019-06-06 17:43 | Report Abuse

Gkent is pretty high risk though.

But having calvintaneng call me sometime with talent and intelligence is quite an honor.

At least he realizes compounding on winners is more important than big swings in profit and loss.

But personally I believe integrity has nothing to do with stock picking.

You are neither right not wrong because people believe you are. You are right or wrong because the facts say you are, and your stock returns show it in aggregate.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2019-06-08 12:54 | Report Abuse

FM is good but QL is still overvalue & overrated loh....!!

That means all its good needs already fully discounted ,leaving high risk of sharp fall when it did not manage to perform up to its high expectation loh....!!

In Law of probability if u buy....win little but lose will be very big scenario mah....!!

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2019-06-09 11:25 | Report Abuse

Haha welcome back CharlesT, long time no see.

If people want these kind of extremely high PE growth stock, look at these.

Align Technology - The maker of invisalign
Shockwave Medical Inc - Big potential
Intuitive Surgical - Maker of the Da Vinci Machine
Beyond Meat - Vegetarian meat that taste like real meat with similar health content
Visa
Master
Boeing
Airbus

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-06-09 11:39 | Report Abuse

between "valuation" and perception of "quality", which is more reliable?

I would argue that perception of quality is more reliable.

Quality refers to the full spectrum of stuffs like sustainability and reliability of earnings, of management quality, of business risk etc.

The so called valuation based on last reported earnings? so easy to find a high quality company in Malaysia meh?

Sslee

6,261 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-06-11 21:17 | Report Abuse

Qqq3, Beyond Meat now is 600% up from IPO price of USD 25.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-06-11 21:26 | Report Abuse

value investors have under performed Beyond Meat........

Sslee

6,261 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-06-11 21:47 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha,
Qqq3 Beyong Meat is still a loss making company with tripple digit growth in expected revenue and current valuation is close to 50X revenue.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-06-11 23:16 | Report Abuse

there must be a lot of value in the name then

Sslee

6,261 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2019-06-12 07:55 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha,
Qqq3, "whom the gods would destroy they first make mad"
The stock is cornered to punish short sellers.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-06-12 08:13 | Report Abuse

u can believe what u see but don't believe the reasons given

pussycats

7,640 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2019-06-13 08:01 | Report Abuse

TP 5.70 SELL by KENANGA

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-06-13 11:21 | Report Abuse

Kenanga is correct to call for a sell on Ql as it is now overvalued

Best wait at Rm4.00

That is a fair price

Anything above you are over paying

shpg22

2,984 posts

Posted by shpg22 > 2019-06-13 22:33 | Report Abuse

This stock is cornered by big shark la. Just like RAPID, YNHPROP. Its up to Cartel to price it. Unlike NESTLE, QL has no moat. Nobody go to the market insisting on buying QL eggs or surumi. Nobody gave a damn shit about the brand for this type of products. So P/E 50x is nonsense.

tealeaf

196 posts

Posted by tealeaf > 2019-06-21 13:19 | Report Abuse

first time tried FM Oden, really surprised it taste so well... tested the bubble tea as well, ok for me...not a big fans of bubble tea. Certain FM mart really good biz during rush hour times...

tealeaf

196 posts

Posted by tealeaf > 2019-06-21 13:20 | Report Abuse

for those not favour in QL, PE50, no moat, not like nestle, etc... just stay away lo..what for keep arguing ...

shpg22

2,984 posts

Posted by shpg22 > 2019-06-22 11:37 | Report Abuse

Everyone can give their opinion whether positive or negative. If all the comments is positive only it is like shiok sendiri. So pls stop asking people to stay away just because they dont agree with you. Be mature and accept critism

Post a Comment