2 people like this.

67 comment(s). Last comment by Anna Wu 2014-12-12 11:39

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2014-12-10 12:21 | Report Abuse

A crash will occur only after a super bullrun and when there is a turnaround towards slower growth or recession.The economists are predicting a robust growth in USA so there is only a correction and no crash.China is using monetary policy to spur growth by reducing interest rate.Our dear Japanese friend also seeking early election to forge better policies for growth.Another dear friend,India is enjoying cheap petrol for more industrialisation to enrich themselves.
Soon Saudi will be pressured to cut production by her friends as they are crying painfully for the loss of huge revenues.

Up_down

4,329 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2014-12-10 12:30 | Report Abuse

The main problem is when OPEC start to cut production. Crude oil price movement has almost become an indicator of our future economy at this moment. If the price drop to US 50bb, what would happen to our currency and follow by Bursa?

leno

6,166 posts

Posted by leno > 2014-12-10 12:31 |

Post removed.Why?

cscheong

23 posts

Posted by cscheong > 2014-12-10 12:51 | Report Abuse

amount all the blogger u are the best.cause this is the worst time go into the market.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 12:55 | Report Abuse

Leno can 'see' trend clearly compare to all the so called sifus! He was right from the start! So I will not use dead cat bounce in respect of Leno! I rename it to dead lembu bounce in respect of Mr Loh as well!

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 12:56 | Report Abuse

Officially I gave the prestige 'Smartag Award' to Leno! This award is for prediction that came true right on the dot!

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2014-12-10 12:57 | Report Abuse

Leno,you a bullshiter shouting Isas RM2/-...........RM2/-,you cheat forummers.Stop deceiving people,you empty vessel.Can you explain what is monetary pocily before you talk about economics.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2014-12-10 13:02 | Report Abuse

You all are just opportunists singing your own tune to suit your own investment,just don't listen bcos I have caught them red handed before,I don't want to embarrass them further.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2014-12-10 13:05 | Report Abuse

Opec is not the only one that dominate the oil price,we have Usa,and Russia now.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2014-12-10 13:40 | Report Abuse

Hence we have to expect oil price will not go back to the previous high and if it is about US80/-we must be thankful.

Up_down

4,329 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2014-12-10 13:51 | Report Abuse

The real sifu is the one who has the ability to identify mega trend of the market. If we follow the trend correctly, our investment can be doubled without wasting much effort. work smart.

Posted by calvinwky168 > 2014-12-10 15:48 | Report Abuse

leno, china stock market is in bull, not bear.
past month was "crazy bull". official government statements used this word (see cctv news from internet).

last 6 weeks, shanghai index from 2500 to 3000. yesterday was technical correction. it was expected. today shanghai index rebounded.

Expecting a slow and steady bull. foreign analyst forecast shanghai index to reach 4000 to 5000 by 2015/16.

I've been sitting on some china listed shares since 2012. during then, shanghai index was around 2300. These are A-shares, not H or B shares.
To date, my returns are good, even after yesterday's correction.
How I can own A-shares directly, thats another story.

You cannot associate what bursa msia is experiencing with a major market like china. china can effect and influence msia, because it's huge and it can. but not msia.

bottomline: china is not crashing yet. not until after 2015....

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 15:58 | Report Abuse

Watch out if oil falls below $60 year end. You'll be looking at Angel Falls!

Posted by calvinwky168 > 2014-12-10 16:06 | Report Abuse

if oil dips below usd60/ barrel, there's plenty to cheer.
if dip below usd50, i cheer more. the rakyat will cheers too. hehe..
reasons, for one, plenty of cheap bargains to look at. in bursa msia i mean.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 16:16 | Report Abuse

Don't know how long this rebound will last! I give it 3 days maximum! And punters will jump in during the last breath! More to be trapped!

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 16:19 | Report Abuse

That is one way of looking at cheap oil. Question is does smart money share your views. If `yes' then they should be loading up for the `big bang'. But are they?

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 16:30 | Report Abuse

See the big picture and follow the smart money.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 16:51 | Report Abuse

Bursa up 30 points! Tomorrow plenty of fry fish jump in! Then they get trap for years to come!

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 16:52 | Report Abuse

Be warn! The trap is so attractive! Today up 30 points! Few days later drop 50 points!

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 17:21 | Report Abuse

Tomorrow up some more to make it convincing. Frankly, I'm still in the boat, knowing very well that the waterfall is ahead. I can hear the roar but I don't know where the edge is. Greed.

Meng

1,148 posts

Posted by Meng > 2014-12-10 17:24 | Report Abuse

tomrw Smaug coming to klci!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-10 17:47 | Report Abuse

BO CHOW C & FORTUNEBULLZ ARE BOTH WRONG AGAIN!

CALVIN TAN RESEARCH REVEALS

NEXT YEAR 2015 MALAYSIA'S BURSA WILL BE FOREIGN FUND FAVOURITE

WHY?

ACTUALLY ALL MUST PAY A FEE TO CALVIN FOR THIS REVELATION. BUT CALVIN JUST DISH OUT "FREE ADVISE" FOR FRIENDS OF i3 FORUM.

THESE ARE THE SALIENT FACTORS:

1) US QE4 HAS JUST STARTED!

The Collapse of Oil Prices Due To Shale Oil Has Caused Petrol To Plummet from US3.00 to below US2.00 - thus putting extra monies into the Profligate Consumers of USA. See how they shop like crazy this Christmas.

2) With The Strong US Dollar Plus Cheap Oil QE4 is now in Motion. QE 1, QE2 & QE3 caused liquidity to flood the world. QE4 is different. It will Suck All Goods & Services to the USA. Expect Surge of Exports By China & Malaysia to USA & All Other Nations. Why?

3) COLLAPSE OF RINGGIT MAKES MALAYSIA THE MOST COMPETITIVE EXPORTING NATION IN THE WORLD

Due To Collapse of Oil Price Malaysian Ringgit Is HAMMERED DOWN. It makes sense to Buy More Cheaper Quality Goods from Malaysia. With Surging Exports - Cash Will Flow Into Malaysia.

4) MALAYSIA WILL MOVE UP FROM TOP 10 TOURIST NATION TO WORLD TOP 3 DESTINATION FOR BARGAIN TOURISM Due To

a) In Partnership With Singapore. Singapore has been Chosen By World Reknown Tourism Mag for Year 2015 As World Number One For Tourist Destination. Sure Spill Over To Iskandar & Malaysia

b) With The Collapse of Ringgit Singaporeans are lining up to exchange Sing Dollar for Ringgit - SO OVERWHELMING IS THE DEMAND RINGGIT IS COMPLETELY SOLD OUT in Many Places.

c) For China The Surge of Tourists expected to return to Malaysia through Singapore. Latest Beijing Business Review has report BIG SURGE OF TOURISM IN CHINA. The Newly Affluent Chinese Are Traveling Like Never Before!

d) AirAsia has won Champion Trophy for Being Best Low Cost Airline in the World. With cheaper petrol & air fare - entire world will Flock to Malaysia.

5) RETURN OF FOREIGN FUND IN YEAR 2015

Not too long ago there were VERY VERY BAD NEWS THAT INDIA WILL IMPLODE & COLLAPSE.

Shares Were SOLD DOWN & EVERYBODY WERE WRINGING THEIR HANDS IN DEEP DESPAIR. THEN FOREIGN FUNDS SWOOP IN AND BOUGHT UP INDIA! NOW THAT INDIA IS EXPENSIVE FOREIGN FUNDS STILL PRAISE INDIA AS THE BEST MARKET. Why? They Are Going To Sell India Soon. SAME TACTIC NOW USED FOR MALAYSIA WITH DAILY BAD NEWS - FOREIGN FUNDS ARE LOOKING TO BUY MALAYSIA ON THE CHEAP.

6) MALAYSIAN MIGHT ALSO START QE SOON

WITH USA, CHINA, JAPAN, EUROPE AND THE ENTIRE WORLD IN QE IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME PM NAJIB FOLLOW THE OTHERS TO SOLVE MALAYSIA'S PROBLEMS. QE WILL CAUSE THE COLLAPSE OF RINGGIT FURTHER.

WHO THEN WILL SUFFER THE MOST?

THOSE WHO OWN CASH WILL GET A "FREE HAIR CUT"

AND BO CHOW C LENO WILL BE "BOTAK CAT"

7) A DIFFERENT FENG SHUI NOW BLOWING

Position yourselves to receive the Windfall. In Chinese the word Fung Sui literally mean "Wind water".

The North East Monsoon Wind carries copious amount of water from South China Sea to Kelantan, Trengganu, Pahang, Johor & other states in West Malaysia - often causing widespread floods from November to March.

So Rain Brought By Strong Wind is both a Blessing & a Curse. A Curse for those who cannot go out to the sea like fishermen. But a blessing to farmers who welcome much needed water.

So Shale Oil has brought a curse to Oil & Gas Industries & All Palm Oil Counters indirectly. But Just Like Wind Bringing Water there are positive results.

Wind is a type of motion and force. So Shale Oil has unleashed a powerful force of windfall with much water. Water denotes Cash or Liquidity or Money. So What Are The Businesses That Will Benefit from the water the Wind of fortune is bringing?

Can You Unearth Those Counters That Will Benefit from the "Fung Sui" or

The Wealth that Favourable Wind of Fortune Will Be Blowing Soon?

Happy Investing,

Calvin Tan

CALVIN TAN RESEARCH, SINGAPORE

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 18:24 | Report Abuse

Picture of a waterfall always look great. Always remember to keep it in front of you. Good fungsui too.

leno

6,166 posts

Posted by leno > 2014-12-10 18:39 |

Post removed.Why?

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 19:25 | Report Abuse

Leno, very simple explaination all can understand. Much better than about waterfall. Many see but can't see. Many see but don't want to see. Many see the water fall too late.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 19:47 | Report Abuse

Look! Leno is just trying to tell you the real facts! You accept or not, it's you decision but to mock Leno or me will not change anything! Just becoz bursa go up 27 points after going down 140 points, bursa already back to bull! Unless burs back to 1840 in 2 weeks, i don't see market will reverse!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-10 19:51 | Report Abuse

Miaw Miaw,

No demand for oil? There is a huge shortage of Ron97 right now. For several days now I have seen long queue of Singapore cars at JB Petrol station. There is Huge Demand. As to Why Oil Price Crash - It is Due to Price War between Saudi & Shale oil.

Now how you know you only sold off BJ Corp at 54 cents. I sold off at 54.5 cents. All 500,000 shares. Now just nibbling on weakness.

And as to my other 95% in Cash? Ha! I am getting much better value than share market. Example - I invested RM10,000 in Cash Generating Business. I get paid RM500 a month or 60% pa. Now that's better investment than KLSE.

Since Leno only double her money in 3 years. Calvin could do in in less than 2 years. So there goes my little secret. Enough revelation for now.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 19:58 | Report Abuse

Government strategy work by making Ron97 close to Ron95! You see, for the past few years Ron97 was not selling well at all! But now the sudden switch to Ron97 made ill preparation on production side! So Calvin got it wrong! No offence! Next month fuel price will go down again! So don't rush to pump now!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-10 20:14 | Report Abuse

Bull, Bull

I like Bull. But this one is a bearish bull. A bull that behave like a bear instead.

You must differentiate and distinguish between a True Bear Market & A One Off Event. A True Bear Market like Great Depression of 1930s is all encompassing & worldwide
The Asian Financial Crisis Was Limited to Asean, Korea, HK & only a few others at the fringe. Europe & USA boomed in contrast.

During 911 All Airlines were Hit Only Momentarily. When Twin Towers Collapsed - SIA (Singapore Airlines) Crashed from $15 to $7.

Only 2 planes crashed into New York - Now All the Airplanes elsewhere.

See, Only Oil Producing Nations are hit now - Russia, Iran, Iraq, Venezuela & Malaysia. And only One Sector is hit! Oil & Palm Oil indirectly.

The World Still Function Well.

1) QE4 indirectly has started by Cheap Gas. Real QE4 might yet start. And what about QE5, 6 , 7, 8 & QE99.
You see, USA has discovered QE. As the saying goes,

"LUXURY ONCE ENJOYED BECOMES A NECESSITY"

They have enjoyed QE & just like drug - they will come back for more.

2) Malaysia is still Flush with US Currency Reserve. Not like During the last Asian Financial Crisis. This is a different ball game altogether.

3) Everything you see points to inflation - not depression. See the prices on Old Town Coffee menu. All up by 20%. Next year 6% GST. See the people frantically buying stuff.

I think you are too cautious like TTB for 5 years already - still waiting for a Crash. Now you have just joined him.

Whenever there is a Crisis I always take comfort in UMW.

I bought it in year 2004 at RM2.40. Now a Blue Chip.

Let's see

In 1983 UMW was only 50 cents during Pan El Crisis

It went through 1985 - 87 Tin & Rubber Crash.

It went through the 1997/8 Asian Financial Crisis

It gone through 2000 Dot Com Burst

It also survived 9/11 of Twin Tower Crash

And It also made it through Lehman Brothers Debacle

Through It All It Finally Turned into a True Blue Chip today.

And so Calvin continue to invest - through thick & thin. Good or bad times

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 20:21 | Report Abuse

Yes! I am now a bearish bull! Better face the truth than remain in denial! Just like palm oil believers! For years palm oil analysts has been forecasting rm3,000.00 per tan than never came!
Calvin! If you can find 40% revenue replacement for commodities then i believe you! But face the reality, there is no replacement of these 40%!

F22Raptor

608 posts

Posted by F22Raptor > 2014-12-10 20:29 | Report Abuse

i m a fan of leno.but this time i did better than her,i bot 0650hg at 6.5 sen,now it's 18 sen..wakakakaka.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-10 20:38 | Report Abuse

Common now!

One Wild Cat & One Bearish Bull,

Both only got one track mind?

You must think out of the box!

Got haze from Sumatra? run to NZ? No. Sell face masks & air purifier.

No water in Selangor? Sell mineral water lah.

Malaysia got hit by 40% drop in oil revenue? Other sectors can thrive.

Which will thrive?

That's a million dollar question.

Yes, if you get it right. You gonna make millions.

Do you get it?

F22Raptor

608 posts

Posted by F22Raptor > 2014-12-10 20:46 | Report Abuse

calvintan,you r good at talking only,your record in i3 is nothing to be proud of.
leno is a few classes above you.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-10 20:50 | Report Abuse

My record?

Only one person know. That's enough

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 20:51 | Report Abuse

Haze in Sumatera only temporary! You can burn whole jungle in Sumatera but the fire only last a year or so! Selangor will get plenty of water from Pahang soon! You can build swimming in every apartment coz the water from Pahang can flood whole Selangor! Malaysia 40% drop in revenue can replace with timber! Oh, wait! There's no more timber in Malaysia! No! You can't cut Sarawak timber or else the whole world will whack you! Oh! You can extract aluminium! Oh wait! Price of aluminium taken a dive too! Haix! Some are too optimistic! Never mind! Wait for the reality to sink in!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-10 20:57 | Report Abuse

Is that all you see?

What is tunnel vision.

Get a 5 feet tube. Then peep into the tube and see your world. That's tunnel vision. How many have got only tunnel vision.

imoogi99

1,640 posts

Posted by imoogi99 > 2014-12-10 21:20 | Report Abuse

Hmmm....no demand of oil????? Cant help thinking...all the automobiles stop running??? Or getting more efficient by using solar??? Or hybrid cars replacing all petrol cars???? Factory stop running and therefore no demand of oil????? Suddenly the world stop running and demand of oil drop????

Come on man....it is demand and supply....it is actually more supply. See this although it is dated in 2011... http://www.aei.org/publication/n-dakota-oil-production-in-july-is-off-the-charts-it-could-surpass-ca-by-end-of-year-for-no-3-spot/

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-12-10 21:24 | Report Abuse

At this point, we dont know what is bottom price of oil! Everyday keep dropping! Maybe Calvin can tell us! Please! Talking sky, moon and sun may impress the gullibles but not some bull or cat!

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 22:25 | Report Abuse

Calvin, sad to say, I think that you are the one afflicted with tunnel vision. You can only see the trees but not the forest. Think global. The Asian Financial Crisis started when foreign funds pulled out from Asian countries to invest in the Euro. The new currency was then touted to surpass the Dollar. Asia countries with high Dollar debts were badly exposed. Are we better off now? Can we weather another financial storm when our national and personal debts are much higher this time around? EU is imploding and Japan is in recession. How are we going to protect our assets?

leno

6,166 posts

Posted by leno > 2014-12-10 22:31 | Report Abuse

correct lor .... africa gone case, middle east gone case, south america gone case, europe greece, portugal, spain, italy, russia all gone case too. Japan in deep recession, south korea will follow soon. China in BUBBLE ... philipine in disaster, taikland still dunno who is their PM ... whole world are in deep sheet. Locally, our 1MDB scandal is ticking toking and will bring down a few local bank too. Flood will be everi where. Better watch out hor ... stay disicpline ... do not ENTER too soon .... do not enter AT ALL COST !!! BOOOO CHOOOOWW CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-10 22:36 | Report Abuse

Haha!

This is what the Bible has foretold,

Even to the time of the end there will be eating and drinking; marrying and giving in marriage, planting and reaping, buying and selling shall continue on and on.

And so I believe tomorrow will be like today. Market cycles will always be there. But life goes on and on.

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 22:38 | Report Abuse

Better watch out, better watch, Santa Claus IS NOT COMING TO TOWN.

Posted by wooddragon > 2014-12-10 22:40 | Report Abuse

I'm holding 20% cash currently

choop818

707 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2014-12-10 23:01 | Report Abuse

History repeats and they come in cycles. Joseph predicted seven years of fat cows followed by seven years of lean cows. Currently, our cows are still fat.

Seek

443 posts

Posted by Seek > 2014-12-10 23:48 | Report Abuse

Tq Calvin n Leno! Nice to hear opposite opinions. B civil n keep us informed. Please don't call others names that disparage others. Nice to listen to both of your exchanges n keep this Leno's forum fair n clean. N the stock market will decide who turns out right!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-12-11 01:04 | Report Abuse

Calvin?

Calvin like Fortunebullz & Cutie cat Leno.

Once a while Calvin likes to pull Bull leg & tickle cat.

Anna Wu

55 posts

Posted by Anna Wu > 2014-12-12 11:14 | Report Abuse

Annoucement will be made on Monday...looks like someone is buying up the Q

chua

672 posts

Posted by chua > 2014-12-12 11:29 | Report Abuse

Anna, buying which ctr??

Anna Wu

55 posts

Posted by Anna Wu > 2014-12-12 11:39 | Report Abuse

EURO 7208, have a look...suprise christmas gift coming soon.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz