8 people like this.

158 comment(s). Last comment by stockraider 2016-03-06 10:36

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-03-03 10:20 | Report Abuse

Most people don't realize that, for example, they think they can make 50% easily investing in stock market, because they think that they are much better than others (Yours truly included)in investing.

But that is what they think they can do, and that is in the future, an expectation, an Ex-Ante event.

Yes, thy often think that they are good, almost everybody does.

But do they really have the predictive power? Do they really think that they can control the market? Do they think that they can beat the investment bankers, the professionals, the insiders, the manipulators,the syndicates?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:27 | Report Abuse

So better keep money in FD...Bursa is too dangerous??

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:32 | Report Abuse

After learning yr online FA courses will they be safe from all these??

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-03-03 10:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by murali > Mar 3, 2016 10:29 AM | Report Abuse

After learning yr online FA courses then they can be safe from all these??

Let me get another of my readers answer your question.

Keng Leng Ho 1/3/16 10:16 PM (17 hours ago)

Dear KC,
Thank you so much for your teaching and guidance. I did not submit all my homework due to work and family commitments but I followed intensely and closely the course which I find highly educational, interesting, practical and useful.

I have learned the language of value investing in stock market. I believe this is one of the most valuable knowledge I have ever learned.
Does the course make a difference to me in my investment journey ?
I had started investing in Bursa two years ago. I bought the shares of good companies which were strongly recommended by professional analysts. I had no ideas of terms like safety margin, undervalued, ROE/ROIC, free cash flow, 'Good company is not a good investment if the price is not right' etc. So I bought Skpetro, MKH, Trop, KSL, LBS at high prices, and I suffered big losses.
Since I joined the course, I practiced what I learned. I invested in companies with deep values, with consistent growth, dividends and piles of cash. I bought shares of Magni, padini, Elsoft, CScenic, Hexza, Hevea, Willow, Tguan, FLBHD ect. Most importantly, I bought them when they were selling cheap at the time of big market correction a few months ago.
There is significant improvement in my investment returns since then ( from net loss of 50 K then to net profit of 60 k now excluding dividends ).
I understand share market is volatile, it can turn on me anytime.But as you always say, in value investing, heads I win, tails I don't lose much. I hope this will be the case for my investment by practicing value investing.
I still have a lot to learn. With the foundation that you have laid for me, It is much easier to learn by myself now. I have a dream : to establish a stock portfolio that will generate enough dividends for me for my daily expenses and retirement, in other words, financial free. I believe now I am much more well equipped to go after my dream.
Once again, thank you very much, my dear teacher and mentor.
Regards,
Ho KL

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-03-03 10:35 | Report Abuse

murali,

Btw, thanks for your comment here:

Posted by murali > Mar 3, 2016 09:19 AM | Report Abuse

Many people got killed in car accidents..I believe the number could be much much much much higher than those who jumped from high buildings or beaten by Along till death after they got burnt in stock market or margin ac....So do u want to ban the cars???

Before u started yr venture in stock market, make sure u learn FA first...go buy Cold Eye's books or sign up for KC's online FA courses (thought I admit I dont really understand his contents...)

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:36 | Report Abuse

Still no assurance on the followings mah...

But do they really have the predictive power? Do they really think that they can control the market? Do they think that they can beat the investment bankers, the professionals, the insiders, the manipulators,the syndicates?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:38 | Report Abuse

We have to improve and equip ourselves with all the necessaries...FA, TA, market talks, goreng stories etc etc...so as to help us to beat them....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:39 | Report Abuse

And I dont think U have the predictive power..yr FA is mainly on historical figures

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-03-03 10:42 | Report Abuse

Posted by murali > Mar 3, 2016 10:38 AM | Report Abuse

We have to improve and equip ourselves with all the necessaries...FA, TA, market talks, goreng stories etc etc...so as to help us to beat them....

FA to me is a must. With FA, an investor can go very far, despite of what others say.

With FA, and help with TA, one may do much better. i said may.

With TA but without FA, in Bursa, sure die.

With TA but not in depth of FA, in my humble opinion, it is very dangerous too in Bursa.

Market talks, goreng stories? You will do better without them.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 10:43 | Report Abuse

Economists and moral teachers never make money from the stock market.

That is the thing that is true and to remember.

Only people with businessman instincts make money from the stick market. And their weapon of choice is margin account, not contra accounts.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-03-03 10:44 | Report Abuse

Too bad the market is always overvalue unless it was during 1998/2008
If you couldn't survive the 1998/2008 don't ever talk about investing "undervalued" equity market.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:45 | Report Abuse

FA always comes first...then TA then market talks (such as Koon Bee System) then I will have a better picture on when to sell my stocks...

But lots of market talks are rubbish (may be more than 70%, basing on my personal experience)..but sometimes it does help me in making my decision..for example when I found the whole world are talking about the same stock then it's time to sell all

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 10:47 | Report Abuse

Money growing is the result of success.

If you lose money, it is de compounding.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-03-03 10:47 | Report Abuse

Posted by murali > Mar 3, 2016 10:39 AM | Report Abuse

And I dont think U have the predictive power..yr FA is mainly on historical figures

You are right, Of course I do not have the predictive power. I am not a snake-oil salesman.

No, FA is not everything historical, though historical data may be used to analyze the business, and the economics, and past management actions.

Don't you think they are important too, compared to your prediction?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-03-03 10:48 | Report Abuse

Save some money while you are waiting for the 1998/2008 event to reproduce itself is proven best strategy than any FA/TA/ABC/self-claimed winner.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:48 | Report Abuse

Trust me , one good year of OTB can be as good as many people's good 10 years or more....of course u may argue one bad year may kill him off...

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 10:48 | Report Abuse

What Fa what Ta?

It is instincts ......either you got it or you don't.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:51 | Report Abuse

FA is important for sure...i dont count on my prediction to survive till now....I am using my own rojak formula and it works well for the past many years...

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2016-03-03 10:52 | Report Abuse

no risk no gain. but always trade within your means. this is all i can say . good luck bros. cannot yam seng. price of beer increase

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-03-03 10:53 | Report Abuse

Too bad there is many promoting you to earn more besides putting into saving, because it was a stupid action to let the money compouding at so slow rate, didn't worth the inflation rate, blah blah, what it promote all based on human greed

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 10:54 | Report Abuse

What you talk?

Have you ever seen PHD in FA make money? No

Have you seen businessmen make money from stock market? Easy money .

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:54 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Mar 3, 2016 10:48 AM | Report Abuse

What Fa what Ta?

At certain extent, yes...after u went thru yr FA/TA/others studies u have to base on yr gut feel / instincts....not buta-buta one...

Just like my Gamuda-WR on the most recent case....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 10:56 | Report Abuse

U need to learn KC's FA if u want to survive and make some money in stock market, but one day u have to go beyond that if u really want to be very successful in stock market...

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-03-03 10:57 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Mar 3, 2016 10:48 AM | Report Abuse
What Fa what Ta?

Best investment joke of the decade. Some more from a 60 year old "accountant"

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 10:58 | Report Abuse

Learn what?

All in Aax on Monday make a lot of money already.

Learn to seize opportunities.....not FA.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,167 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2016-03-03 10:59 | Report Abuse

Posted by murali > Mar 3, 2016 10:48 AM | Report Abuse

Trust me , one good year of OTB can be as good as many people's good 10 years or more....of course u may argue one bad year may kill him off...

Ans : Please note that I am not that good, still learning to make more money. 2016 seems to be a bad start, may be one good stock will help for the rest of 2016.
Please do not compare. No right or wrong in stock market. Make money in stock market is sifu, I also understand losing money in stock market is not sifu.
Thank you.

noobnnew

973 posts

Posted by noobnnew > 2016-03-03 11:00 | Report Abuse

By going over the comment on this threat. I can conclude that the art of fundamental investing is dead. People are now living in a fast pace moving society and aim to win big in short term. That's why they talk about TA, talk about goreng, talk about gut feeling. Apart from that, they encourage you to use margin account, the more the better. As if there are easy money in Bursa for grab and all you need to do is borrow to buy and sell to the next person in higher price. GREATER FOOL THEORY.

DO REMEMBER, current price does not reflect the current value of the company. ROME does not build in one day and if the foundation of the company is solid then time will tell.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-03-03 11:00 | Report Abuse

Posted by murali > Mar 3, 2016 10:56 AM | Report Abuse
U need to learn KC's FA if u want to survive and make some money in stock market, but one day u have to go beyond that if u really want to be very successful in stock market...

Thanks for your kind words again above. Just a comment here.

If you read my article here again, you will see that there are so many super investors in the world making billions for themselves and their investors, just using fundamental value investing, and without margin financing.

Please show me some who have done as well using other methods of investing.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 11:00 | Report Abuse

Learnt to seize opportunities.....margin to the limit

Go for it when the opportunity comes.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 11:11 | Report Abuse

How much money you make or how much your money grows is how many lots of AAsia or Aax you bought this week.

It's the businessman attitude to risk and the desire the ambition the need to seize hold of opportunities.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-03-03 11:14 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Mar 3, 2016 10:54 AM | Report Abuse
What you talk?
Have you ever seen PHD in FA make money? No
Have you seen businessmen make money from stock market? Easy money .

Joel Greenblatt, a professor makes billions USD for himself and his investors. Josef Lakonishok, another PHD and university professor is another one.

Your turn. Which businessmen make billions USD from stock market?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-03-03 11:15 | Report Abuse

Trust me, dude...if u challenge KC u can hardly win...

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-03-03 11:33 | Report Abuse

It will be tough for youngster to save 100k
But borrow 100k is far more easier

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-03-03 11:37 | Report Abuse

There is many methods to borrow money: one do not simply opt to loan shark or bank
1. Friend and family
2. Company money
3. Collateral loan with guarantor name
4. Study loan anyone?
5. Stranger
6. Donation

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 11:44 | Report Abuse

learn what?

the attitude towards seize the opportunities.

if you over buy AAX, Air Asia this week , we make more money than your neigbors.

seize the opportunities....go for it, borrow , beg, steal....go for it. That is the businessman attitude to making real money.

3iii

12,916 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2016-03-03 12:47 |

Post removed.Why?

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2016-03-03 15:06 | Report Abuse

More people make money in stock mkt by staying invested at all times in quality/growth counters, or through jumping in and out/outsmart mart, or by timing/outmaneuvering...?
Invest patiently, or make quick $$? Fast come , fast go...!
Good luck everybody

Probability

14,450 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-03-03 15:53 | Report Abuse

3iii...thanks for the info, did read about those moats factor too..
Really difficult to identify such companies ha...
Need a lot of time to investigate the business..

I am thinking perhaps 'google' is one such company.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 16:28 | Report Abuse

those looking for compound growth should leave the stock market and put all the money in EPF.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 17:00 | Report Abuse

stock market is war.

compound interest got no war.

stock market is war zone

come prepared.

margin best.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2016-03-03 17:05 | Report Abuse

some people are happy to RM 100 ( per trade ) some people are not too happy to make RM 1,000 (per trade ) different people have different investnment idea. some long term, some not so long term, some daily punting. each has the right to claim they are better. we are here here to share ideas and make money. let's stay this way. happy trading

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-03-03 17:11 | Report Abuse

stock market is war
fixed income for compounders.

GODinvest

377 posts

Posted by GODinvest > 2016-03-03 19:04 | Report Abuse

i want to ask margin financing can use in bear market or not ? Why can't ? If you know how to buy in low price and no use all margin , avoid margin call 。why can't ? margin use in bullish market wat??? Omg , you can make newbie bankrup. Yea this world got cut lose skill TA like gamble 。if guy want easy and make fast money in stock market using TA is right chose just earn a rice money。if want to make big money learn FA .

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2016-03-03 20:02 | Report Abuse

stock market investors are forever the optimist, believing that there will always be long term "winner" stocks out there for 'em to find and hold... Yes...they are always on the lookout for successful, profitable, trusted...win-win for investors/employees/consumers names. Isn't the best way to make money through stock investing...everybody happy

powerup

117 posts

Posted by powerup > 2016-03-03 20:05 | Report Abuse

Kelvin.....a good businessman will be a good stock market investor.
It goes together.

A teacher will be poor forever.....comes with the territory.

powerup

117 posts

Posted by powerup > 2016-03-03 20:16 | Report Abuse

Teachers die poor who doesn't know that?

All businessman has borrowings.......who doesn't know that?

Yes, high gearing companies not good for investors.......

But investors who want to be tycoons must behave like tycoons....not behave like teachers.

Who doesn't know that?

Posted by buddyinvest > 2016-03-03 20:35 | Report Abuse

Sugar daddy now in "margin call" ICU

moneySIFU

5,852 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-03-03 20:48 | Report Abuse

Aiya, margin make you win kau kau when market up. When market down, you can only able to wear paper pant only. All your pants kena sold oledi.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-03-03 23:01 | Report Abuse

osted by 3iii > Mar 3, 2016 12:47 PM | Report Abuse

>>>>Posted by Probability > Mar 2, 2016 06:28 PM | Report Abuse

3ii..In that case...the best companies are the ones that:

i) has moats and rely on the natural exponential expansion of the market itself - the human population - i.e producing products of basic necessities to humans and yet due to Brand name competitors could not penetrate

ii) and those that somehow manage to increasingly capture more market share - probably a new product introduced to the market...and it became something that new consumers keep getting attracted to it.

still not 100% clear...<<<<

The five sources of competitive advantage:

1. Cost advantage, when a company has high profit margins and sustainably lower costs than competitors;

2. Intangible assets, such as brand recognition and patents that can keep competitors at bay;

3.Switching costs, the expenses in terms of time, hassle, money or risk a customer would incur if it switches to a competitor;

4. Efficient scale, when the company is in a limited market with few competitors;

5. Network effect, when the value of the good or service increases as the company wins more customers.

A company needs to have at least one of these elements to be considered to have an economic moat.

“Companies with a moat have benefits that are so structural that it's inherently part of the business itself,

RAIDER SAYS;
YEAH AFTER ALL THESE POSITIVE POINT....MAKE SURE U R NOT PAYING PE 30X AND 6 TIME BOOK VALUE LOH....!!

GOOD STOCK OVERVALUE....ALSO NO POINT....BCOS NO MARGIN OF SAFETY MAH....!!

ONE GOOD EXAMPLE PET DAGANG LOH....!!

TRYLAH....GET SOME REASONABLE VALUATION LIKE PE 13 TO 14X THE MAX LOH...THIS IS JUST A RULE OF THUMB BASED ON CURRENT CONDITION....!!

powerup

117 posts

Posted by powerup > 2016-03-03 23:55 | Report Abuse

better still , buy turnaround situations at 1000 PE like AAX just last week.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz