HONG LEONG FINANCIAL GROUP BHD

KLSE (MYR): HLFG (1082)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.14 (0.70%)

Day's Change

19.90 - 20.18

Trading Volume

1 person likes this.

259 comment(s). Last comment by i3gambler 3 days ago

DividendGuy67

1,117 posts

Posted by DividendGuy67 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Essentially, HLFG investors are just waiting for him to be "charitable" to unlock value. Too difficult for me.

DividendGuy67

1,117 posts

Posted by DividendGuy67 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

And guys like him, with tremendous resources, can live to a very advanced age. 80s is still young. Charlie Munger lives up to 99. Public bank founder Teh Hong Piau lives up to 92, and QLC may be longer than him. Technology to prolong lives gets better and better.
As value investors, our timeframe is only 3 years - if it takes longer than 3 years, it will only cause our portfolio to lag. Value investors buy low, aiming to sell high. It's different than dividend investors who buys and hope to hold forever looking for rising dividends for a lifetime to replace active income with passive income. If HLFG dividends is higher at say mid point between EPF and FD, I will buy but at this rate, it's a long wait to see 2.77% rising to 4.5% say. At 3% growth, that's more than 15 years wait. Hence, not suitable for my goals.

raymondroy

864 posts

Posted by raymondroy > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

ur right DividendGuy67 ..... at such a large sharehoding no one can come close, i still recall the good ol days when hong leong only had stock broking business and was hunting for bankng license but it was frozen, so word has it that QLC being a good kawan of anwar - fin minister then, persuaded latter to put mui bank in cold storage..... not allowed to increase branches or even atm..... and thus was forced to sell to QLC.... those were the days lah, wonder if the kwek singapore and quek malaysia still in good ties?

Papayashot

380 posts

Posted by Papayashot > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

So DividendGuy67, what QLC going to do? Keep the bulk of shares even after passing?

Papayashot

380 posts

Posted by Papayashot > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

And DividendGuy67, could you explain why PPHB, quite a good stock (consistent earnings growth, but it is paying very insignificant dividends, less than 1%), why market still buy this share up?

bullrun168

472 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Walaoeh, what happend ?
Super damn hot man HLFG today !
Now HLFG was traded at @RM18.66 (+0.48) (+2.64 %)
Heng ah, Ong ah, Huat ah !

UncleFollower

1,637 posts

Posted by UncleFollower > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Regret lor sold off everything at lows swapped to small mid caps earlier

speakup

26,800 posts

Posted by speakup > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

This is not a bank. Hong leong bank is bank

i3gambler

715 posts

Posted by i3gambler > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Of course it is a bank. It has:
1) Investment banking,
2) Insurance business,
3) Commercial banking via HLBANK.

You see, MAYBANK, CIMB, RHBBANK, PBBANK also have all this commercial banking, investment banking and insurance business. The only thing different is HLFG listed its commercial banking separately.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz