JAYA TIASA HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): JTIASA (4383)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

17 people like this.

13,557 comment(s). Last comment by AlphaAdventurer 17 hours ago

Berlin

353 posts

Posted by Berlin > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Only death and taxes are certain. Dividends can never be fixed and certain; it depends on the company's performance, future needs and ultimately the BOD who determine and can vary the set policy. That is why 2.5% + 3.5 % for FY2024 is so significant being the highest for decades.

Sslee

6,232 posts

Posted by Sslee > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

My TP for Jayatiasa, OSK and Insas was RM 1.50
I sold some jayatiasa when it hit RM 1.50
All OSK when it hit RM 1.60
And most of Insas at RM 1.20+

I bought back a lot of Jtiasa for the dividend some Insas at RM 1.0+ and recently 10k OSK at 1.53
I already hit my 50% limit on jtiasa and now waiting to collect back OSK and Insas on weakness.

godhand

1,944 posts

Posted by godhand > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Only death and taxes are certain. Dividends can never be fixed and certain; it depends on the company's performance, future needs and ultimately the BOD who determine and can vary the set policy. That is why 2.5% + 3.5 % for FY2024 is so significant being the highest for decades.

i wonder how u invest if theres no aspect of certainty when it comes to your decision making. so are u happy with 6cents dividend? if they dont tune their policy. they are only committed to pay u not more than 8c every year for the next decade or so.

its up to them. not you.

Berlin

353 posts

I have JTiasa and OSK😀 but am holding for long term. Only a small (20% or so) portion for occasional trading. Sslee, you seem to have good instincts for taking advantage of price fluctuations so can trade more often.

Johnchew5

11,339 posts

Posted by Johnchew5 > 4 weeks ago |

Post removed.Why?

Berlin

353 posts

The BOD are the gods who determine dividend payments each year and who also can vary any set dividend policy. I only try to interpret future action from their apparent signals. Having been on the BOD of a public listed company in the past gives me some insight.

Sslee

6,232 posts

Aiyoyo Mike-tikus,
Jaks never paid any dividend but asking money from investors and Shareholders yearly through PP and RI for working capital and loan repayment.

Why you want to promte such a gruesome company every forum you go?
Are you trapped high in jaks?

Sslee

6,232 posts

I only bought jtiasa when company start to pay dividend and pare down borrowing.
With operating cash flow of 360 million why worry about company not paying your a reasonable dividend?

godhand

1,944 posts

yea i get u. just dont be overly optimistic. its not certain. i have jtiasa too but im okay with the worst case scenario i wont lose money

godhand

1,944 posts

unless u can convince the bod to raise dpolicy

Berlin

353 posts

Payout 6% dividend FY2024 is RM58 m or 41% of net profit RM141 m when guideline is 20%. Tell you anything?

godhand

1,944 posts

Berlin

Payout 6% dividend FY2024 is RM58 m or 41% of net profit RM141 m when guideline is 20%. Tell you anything?

U dont understand where im coming from. i can give u all the info profit cashflow etc but u still cannot guess the dividend. min 20% max ?. U see the range? for an investor 20% and 80% is a world of difference

Berlin

353 posts

Dividends can be zero, or over 100% of net annual profit, if there are accumulated profit reserves. It's the BOD who decides. Declaration of dividends is at the BODs discretion with dividend policy a guideline. You want a guarantee? Sorry, no company will give you one.

godhand

1,944 posts

hello.. dividend policy is the guarantee la what u talking about

Sslee

6,232 posts

Repost:
Jayatiasa 63th AGM minutes.

Question: And what will be the dividend policy moving forward in terms of %,

Reply: Our existing policy is to pay a minimum dividend of 20% of net profit subject to not compromising the Group's ability to support its pursuit for long-term growth. However, that will not restrict declaration of dividend of more than 20%. With improvement in financial position and market condition, the dividend payout will increase accordingly

Berlin

353 posts

Huh? It says dividend policy, not dividend guarantee. Better go find out the difference between a policy and a guarantee.

godhand

1,944 posts

Posted by Berlin > 11 minutes ago | Report Abuse

Huh? It says dividend policy, not dividend guarantee. Better go find out the difference between a policy and a guarantee.

whats the point of setting a dp if u are not going to follow it? Putting shit in your own pants?

Why dont u give me one example where a company didnt pay according to the dp they set. Since u say its not certainty im guessing u are smart and resourceful enough to share me 1 example indicating dp is not certainty

Berlin

353 posts

No need to go further than JTiasa itself.

godhand

1,944 posts

u cant even find one example to substantiate your point?

Sales

3,262 posts

Posted by Sales > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Good dividends, Jtiasa good job 👏

Johnchew5

11,339 posts

Post removed.Why?

Johnchew5

11,339 posts

Post removed.Why?

Berlin

353 posts

Look at KSL for a prime example of a bursa company with good earnings, a great balance sheet, a 40% dividend policy but zero dividends.

Ravetidus

135 posts

Posted by Ravetidus > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

a guaranteed dividend becomes a liability for a company and would be disclosed as current liability in the books, as such dividend is always at the discretion of the Board

Ravetidus

135 posts

Posted by Ravetidus > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

a policy is a guidance.... not a must

godhand

1,944 posts

KSL the chao ka lol. i just browse through their annual report dont have such formal dividend policy. nothing mentioned about it. 100% use mouth say talk cock sing song

Sslee

6,232 posts

I would have hold a lot of KSL if KSL care to give dividend.
My write in FYE 2018 AGM questions.

Q1: Refer 2018 Cash flow statement, is KSL generated enough free cash
flow to pay a dividend? (Yes/No)

Q2: Is KSL has enough cash reserve to pay a dividend? (Yes/No)

Q3: Any cash flow problem if KSL pay out 4 cents dividend for FY 2018?
(Yes/No)

Refer Chairman’s statement: 2014 Annual report
I am also pleased to announce that the Group has adopted a dividend
policy of distributing 40%of the Group’s annual net profit after tax from operations (excluding any fair value gains) to shareholders in the form of cash dividends or new share issuance under the Dividend
Reinvestment Plan scheme. The dividend policy aims to attract long
term investors and to enable shareholders enjoy higher returns in
tandem with the expanding business.

Q4: What happen to the adopted dividend policy?

Q5: What happen to the promised the dividend policy aims to attract long term investors and to enable shareholders enjoy higher returns in
tandem with the expanding business?

Q6: What are the reasons for financial year end 2016, 2017 and 2018 no
dividend was given?

Refer 2018 Chairman’s statement “The Group’s financial position as at
end-December 2018 was further strengthened with our retained profit
and increased profitability, with shareholders’ equity growing to
RM2,815 million from RM2,600 million in the previous year end”

Q7: Since KSL has a very strong financial position should the board reward the shareholder with reasonable dividend? (Yes/No)

Q8: Without a formal dividend policy KSL market price had dropped into
penny stock (below RM 1.00) level. Should Board consider adopting a
new formal dividend policy to give clarity to investing public that the
BOD/Controlling shareholders interest is aligned with minority shareholders.

EXPLANATION TO THE ABOVE Q1 TO Q8
KSL is currently developing a huge integrated commercial complex with hotel (proposed name KSL Esplanade Mall) in Klang (Annual Report 2018 page 23). It is under active construction and targeted to be completed in year 2021.
Total estimated capital expenditure for the above complex is approximately RM 500 million.
We need to set aside our reserves for the above projects and working capitals. Hopefully, it will generate huge income once in full operation and enhance our future earning

godhand

1,944 posts

wa this ksl really chao ka. first time i hear this adopt already can u turn and totally remove from the yearly report. Run and dont look back this company has no integrity

godhand

1,944 posts

see how the management reply. treat shareholders like beggars

Johnchew5

11,339 posts

Post removed.Why?

Berlin

353 posts

It's not confined to KSL. Other bursa companies like MNRB also do not follow their announced 40% dividend policy irrespective of financial performance or position. We investors have to live and learn.

godhand

1,944 posts

interesting. thx for sharing. no la u just need to pick companies that are honest and have integrity. if they are not honest whatever numbers projected are of no use. u can throw the book into dustbin

Johnchew5

11,339 posts

Post removed.Why?

Sslee

6,232 posts

Chinese Malaysian is not Mainland Chinese; many of Chinese Malaysians have preserve and practice our Chinese culture and moral compass better than some of the Mainland Chinese. Below link my confrontation with Xingquan BOD asking the moral questions during the 8th AGM on 7th Dec 2016. https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/cscsc/111267.jsp

godhand

1,944 posts

ss lee did u manage to recover any money from xinquan?

Sslee

6,232 posts

Xingquan already delist. My CDS still hold xingquan shares.
So total loss for me.

Johnchew5

11,339 posts

Post removed.Why?

godhand

1,944 posts

Posted by godhand > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

i really respect and be friend with people like you. most ppl will hide their losses or unwilling to share them.

Posted by Ledangking > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Anyone know why cost of sales of Jtiasa in Q4 2024 is so high?

Sslee

6,232 posts

Posted by Sslee > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Corporate Presentation 4th Quarter 2024 (period ended 30 Jun 2024)
Jayatiasa cleared 1,020 Ha for replanting at its Simalau plantation
And higher fertiliizer application.

Name of Related Party Nature of RRPT Estimated Value as disclosed in the Circular Actual Value transacted from 30 November 2023 to 31 July 2024 Variation between actual value and estimated value Reason for the variation
Palm Biolab Sdn. Bhd. Biolab Testing Fees RM100,000 RM120,435 RM20,435 (20.44%)
With higher fertilizer application, more frequent testing was conducted on fertilizer samplings and foliage for analysis purpose.

This announcement is dated 8 August 2024.

Posted by Ledangking > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Thanks SSLee. That is very helpful information.

Sslee

6,232 posts

Posted by Sslee > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

The budgeted FFB production for FYE 30 June 2025 is 1,211,852 MT. So need to apply more fertilizer.

FFB projection:
30-Jun-2022
(Actual)
30-Jun-2023
(Actual)
30-Jun-2024
(Actual)
30-Jun-2025
(Budget)
Planted area (ha) 69,589 69,589 68,569 67,449
Immature (%)(<4 years)
0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
Young mature (%)(4-7 years)
3.1% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
Prime mature (%)(>7 years)
96.9% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0%
FFB production (MT) 737,723 943,924 1,155,478 1,211,852
FFB yield 10.6 13.6 16.6 17.8

Seeking

34 posts

Posted by Seeking > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Good. Yield going up.

Posted by Patient Investor > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

@Sslee where can the corporate presentation be view?

Save

849 posts

Posted by Save > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Palm oil export rebound after middle of August from MoM -20% to -9% end of August.
FCPO Report:
Malaysian palm oil futures surged around 1% to near MYR 3,980 per tonne after hitting as low as MYR 3,901 in the prior session, buoyed by a steady decline in ringgit. Prospects of sluggish output due to dry weather also uplift sentiment, as the Southern Peninsular Palm Oil Millers Association noted production edged down 1% during the first 25 days of August. Meanwhile, top grower Indonesia will launch a mandatory 50% palm oil-based biodiesel blending next year after the deforestation rules by the EU. However, weakness in Dalian rival oils limited the upturn. Meanwhile, cargo surveyors' data pointed to lower exports in August, with Intertek Testing Services saying shipments of Malaysian palm oil products fell by 9.9%. Also, there was a potential increase in import tax on vegetable oils in top buyer India, which could lower demand for palm oil. Elsewhere, crude oil prices were subdued after recent heavy losses, as concerns over China’s economic outlook offset supply disruptions in Libya.
Malaysian palm oil futures surged around 1% to near MYR 3,980 per tonne after hitting as low as MYR 3,901 in the prior session, buoyed by a steady decline in ringgit. Prospects of sluggish output due to dry weather also uplift sentiment, as the Southern Peninsular Palm Oil Millers Association noted production edged down 1% during the first 25 days of August. Meanwhile, top grower Indonesia will launch a mandatory 50% palm oil-based biodiesel blending next year after the deforestation rules by the EU. However, weakness in Dalian rival oils limited the upturn. Meanwhile, cargo surveyors' data pointed to lower exports in August, with Intertek Testing Services saying shipments of Malaysian palm oil products fell by 9.9%. Also, there was a potential increase in import tax on vegetable oils in top buyer India, which could lower demand for palm oil. Elsewhere, crude oil prices were subdued after recent heavy losses, as concerns over China’s economic outlook offset supply disruptions in Libya.

Posted by AlphaAdventurer > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Revenues in the Forestry industry in Asia are expected to grow by 9.5%. 🆙

WilburR2

847 posts

Posted by WilburR2 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

buy some

Berlin

353 posts

Posted by Berlin > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Looks like the disaffection with JTiasa's 4Q2024 results trumps the positive 3.5% final dividend going by past few days' trading. This is a great chance to establish a long position at RM1.03/4. JTiasa's palm oil plantation division has become a reliable money spinner. Timber continues to be loss making due to industry wide issues. All in all, going forward, JTiasa will continue to be profitable and generating strong cash flows of some RM300m allowing generous dividends to be paid. I find the current valuations compelling.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz