8 people like this.

48 comment(s). Last comment by sunztzhe 2014-06-29 13:51

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2014-06-19 20:38 | Report Abuse

The "tongkat" is in place to plunder the country. You can be sure that UMNO will fight tooth and nail to maintain the "tongkat". There are 2 studies, one by UM, another by think tank Asli, that shows that Malay equity participation has exceeded the 30% mark, and can be as high as 45% in the latter study. And yet, as recent as 2 weeks ago, ex-Maybank CEO Wahid still dangle around the 26% figure. Since the methodologies from the 2 studies are transparent, the government finally conceded that they computed Malay equity using par value. PAR VALUE!! Who the hell uses par value to compute wealth? Can you believe the lies the government use to maintain their ketuanan? The "tongkat" will be kept ad infinitum to ensure that UMNO's pockets are lined, it has nothing to do with how well Malays are doing.

Up_down

4,304 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2014-06-19 20:49 | Report Abuse

'tongkat' is an inherited privileges to Malay. There is no reason to throw the 'tongkat' away. There are more than 15 million in Malaysia. Not many would really benefited from the crutches. For those who has not enjoying tongkat much then why they agree to scrap it. In fact, they would even request more 'tongkat' to assist them walking.

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2014-06-19 20:52 | Report Abuse

Said enough la. You already make your fortune. Nothing will happen to you because u already have enough money. But many still surviving. Your article would not help the situation or anyone!! I respectfully ask you to keep this to yourself or bring this up through proper channel

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-19 21:13 | Report Abuse

Well said kukuman. We cannot keep complaining this and that. We are living in this country, and must thrive to understand the context and its limitations. For example, if you were born in a poor family, you want to complain you don't get this and that? Try to learn to accept the reality and endeavour ways to improve yourself.

Barbarian

939 posts

Posted by Barbarian > 2014-06-19 21:23 | Report Abuse

If you do homework enough, the Chinese Muslim fr China came to this part of the world much earlier even before there were other Muslims in Malaysia. Malay is not a race actually. It is a culture which embraces Islam. Anyone who lives and embraces the culture and embraces Islam is a malay.

izoklse

5,231 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-06-19 21:31 | Report Abuse

The problem is that during the formation of Malaya,malay are so great full to share their land with this other races and that is the mistake that malay generation now have to face. They not supposed to share their land to this migrant at the fist place. Now see what happen ? They take all and even demand more..

HC Lee

1,518 posts

Posted by HC Lee > 2014-06-19 21:51 | Report Abuse

Give them everything they will still complain that it's not enuf

Barbarian

939 posts

Posted by Barbarian > 2014-06-19 21:52 | Report Abuse

?? The land if we were to argue as who was first here, then the orang Asli shud be the first. Then the rest shud be migrants lah...kekekeke

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2014-06-19 21:54 | Report Abuse

My dear Koon Yew Yin you have done no good except to stir up a hornets nest. Some younger members of this social (investors?) forum have grown to admire you and I think you have lost much ground. What purpose does it serve to put down people? It will do much good to help all, regardless of race, please do much more than you have done before. I don't know whether this is " payback time" or it is still "paying forward" for you, Whatever please double your charitable efforts for the benefit of all and make a better person of you. Have a good rest of your life. Cheers.

Pak Lah

197 posts

Posted by Pak Lah > 2014-06-19 22:00 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon, for god sake, please retract this article. As you can see in the above comments, the forumers are damning one another. What is the purpose of posting your articles in the i3investor? I seriously think thar nothing can be achieved here, more harms will be created.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2014-06-19 22:05 | Report Abuse

Dusti, so we should not talk about controversial issues just because it might step on a couple of toes? Even if it is true? Mr Koon article is articulated based on reason and facts. He raised a legitimate question, should affirmative action be continued? Those who disagree are welcomed to voice their opinions. For goodness sake, Malaysia universities just dropped out of the top 100 Asian list, have you ever thought that it is because we don't encourage critical thinking because we rather not "stir up a hornets nest"?

Posted by optimusx8888 > 2014-06-19 22:09 | Report Abuse

Timid chinese very fearful of confrontation...tats y all the rights has been taken away from u. Really hopeless.

SANG-JERO

3,980 posts

Posted by SANG-JERO > 2014-06-19 22:11 | Report Abuse

The malays are very poor in general compared to other races especially chinese.....Some of them are still staying under The bridge along Klang river....and majorities are staying at low cost flats.....very pitiful.......while most chinese are staying in a multi million codos and high end properties.....More crutches needed for the malays......To all chinese.......please donate some of your billion dollar wealth to the malays who already lost the ex Tanah Melayu to you.....

Most Melayu seems so stupid being kuli to chinese.......

Dear Koon Yew Yin....please give scholarship to poor malays..thank you

Barbarian

939 posts

Posted by Barbarian > 2014-06-19 22:21 | Report Abuse

I try to remain impartial but this is what I noticed......when the NON Malays give donation, it is general to all, but when the malay give charity, it's always to their own. After 50+ years of independence, the Malays still require advantage/crutches. When the non Malays still win with their disadvantage, the govt claim that the rich Chinese came about because of their fair policies. Non Malays don't get AP, no govt scholarship, no equal opportunity, etc.
So if limit the non Malays, we will fall further to the already deteriorating education system, competitive index, transparency index, human right ... We simply will not make it

Posted by optimusx8888 > 2014-06-19 22:24 | Report Abuse

Barbarian, u r stil hopeful isit? Face the fact. Its a sinking titanic in all aspects.

Posted by malaythinking > 2014-06-19 22:33 | Report Abuse

Malays didnt ask for british labourers to stay on after merdeka. Your ancestors dont want to go back. Your citizenships remain third class, you dont like it, you can go back to motherland. Malays have given you crutches for too long, its time for you to return to China.

Posted by optimusx8888 > 2014-06-19 22:33 | Report Abuse

Food for thought. Suntze. Do u always practise what u preach? Jus curios.

Barbarian

939 posts

Posted by Barbarian > 2014-06-19 22:34 | Report Abuse

Optimus, nope I try not to engage unnessassarily however I give my POV when I see fit. The country has been like that for a long time except it was not sun dried like now. If it was equal, Uncle Koon wouldn't have to come out and give charity. As I mentioned earlier, zakat or. Malay charity only focus to them only while govt scholarship also to them. So how do the non succeed?
Take for instance, most Global IT CEO are now Indians fr India. If they also want to go with world population to give these Chinese in China these position?? The logic simply out isn't it? However when practice here in. Malaysia, it seems to prevail

Posted by malaythinking > 2014-06-19 22:39 | Report Abuse

Malays can't get citizenships in India and China. You non malays are pushing it. You want pay back time, you get it

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-06-19 22:43 | Report Abuse

You have to believe in yourself, your dreams, your capabilities, your values

Your mind is also your constraint, you got to try to think out of the box

He/She who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to fail

Opportunities multiply as they are discovered

There are not more than Five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard

What a wonderful world this earth is, It is up to us to make it really wonderful experience living in this earth as our lifespan is short relative to the age of the Earth!

So let us live and let live and really work together to make this place a better place than yesterday!!

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2014-06-19 22:57 | Report Abuse

SooJin Hou, anything that brings out the worse in people, as has Koon's article cannot be good. If you care to analyse carefully all the comments made so, you will find that there is nothing that has not been said before. Koon could choose a better forum to voice his concerns. Maybe he has and nobody took much notice because some MPs have already done so.But I know Koon is a bigger and responsible man and will have bigger issues to share. But I don't know about you......please don't run around criticising for the sake of criticising

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-06-19 23:07 | Report Abuse

tak kira siapa yg duduk diatas mah.. semua kawan kawan mah ... peace....

zu1967

3,791 posts

Posted by zu1967 > 2014-06-19 23:47 | Report Abuse

Stupid forum. Better delete la bro. I got chinese indian pakistani thai and malay blood. Really sick. Here we are all friends.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-06-19 23:49 | Report Abuse

agreed with my friend zu1967 ...

gray

1,158 posts

Posted by gray > 2014-06-19 23:54 | Report Abuse

small minded ....

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-06-20 00:08 | Report Abuse

tiap tiap hari gaduh pasai kaum, gaduh pasai agama.. bosan ... jom main saham ajer ... tak kira siapa duduk atas.... asal kita semua kawan....... tak kira cina, melayu, india, kadazan, dusun..... semua kawan mah........

sien mah gaduh gaduh everyday about petty things like race, religion etc... what matters is being good to everybody ......

like in stock market... right or wrong.. who cares.. so long make money, it's a good stock .... black cat, white cat, good cat, bad cat.. if not being careful in stock market.. also posed risks..... ha.. ha.. ha..

Barbarian

939 posts

Posted by Barbarian > 2014-06-20 00:09 | Report Abuse

Yes yes....no fight.
AT, make some jokes pls

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2014-06-20 08:26 | Report Abuse

Society and country thrive on even playing field. When the game is fair, competitions will improve the society and country as a whole. And talking about history which can dated back to 40,000 years ago, it is not the malays that are the first to step on this land. Let's just say Malays are the 'owner' of this land, that doesn't mean you can get special privilege over other races forever and ever, that is like saying because you are Genghis Khan's super great grandson, so everyone should treat you like royalty. I have nothing against Malays or any race, but everyone act like a man and fight like a man, stop pointless talk like you go back to China, India la etc. Fight on equal footing, judge someone based on their heart not the size of their slippers or the color of their skin. But when someone sensed that the government is not giving a level playing field, then thats when instability exist.

obk4695

26 posts

Posted by obk4695 > 2014-06-20 08:51 | Report Abuse

You are right Mr.Koon.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-06-20 09:31 | Report Abuse

No lah. Not all Malay are like that. Only the ummo cronies and the taka ada baca buku babarians malay are like that. I have many singaporean malay friends and also the local ones are good.

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-06-20 10:49 | Report Abuse

Zaid Ibrahim speaks as an observant ex-Umno insider with no vested interest and no axe to grind. Unfortunately, he has no more political traction, a position he put himself into with his political naivete. Very rich man Daim was the godfather of Umno cronies when Finance Minister at a time of frenetic state privatization, what more is there to be said about him? As for Utusan/Perkasa, they play an eternal blame game centered on race. You can feel present day Malaysia is mired in trouble with deep divisions in its social fabric and no solution in sight.

hagi

698 posts

Posted by hagi > 2014-06-20 12:43 | Report Abuse

Zaid's scorn on this is pure sour grapes *facepalm*

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-06-20 14:26 | Report Abuse

KLSE is related to those bunch of cronies. To understand the KLSE you need to understand those cronies thinking.

Posted by calvinwky168 > 2014-06-20 14:26 | Report Abuse

I observed there's a trend globally, not just confines to msia.
Humanity seems to be moving towards a lesser 'civilization', eventhough we are getting more knowledgeable. Humans are just getting greedier, lazier and selfish.

The ones in stronger position, always bully the weaker ones.

Here in msia, some malays (not all malays) just want more and more competitive advantages (tongkat) at the expense of others.
While some malays really do need it, but so do the poor non malays.
Just go visit sabah and sarawak. These are christian bumiputeras.
Some of them don't even have proper water and electrical supplies.

And who is the major contributor of these?
Since independence, msia is only ruled by 1 alliance - BN.
With umno as the hegemony of BN.
The road paths of msia for the past 50+ years are planned and controlled by those in power. From the first (5 year) malaysia plan till current (rancangan malaysia ke 11), NEP, NEM, BTN, etc.

There is no other main contributor to the success and failure of msia today. It is the ruling government that is the main contributor, whether positively or negatively.

Outside of msia, in our region.
see what myanmar has done to rohingyas.
See what china has done to paracel and spratly islands, vietnam and phillipines.
See what china has done to beting serupai, msia (Came and lay flag, then sing national anthem twice).
See what russia has done to ukraine.
See what us and alliance has done to iraq and ahfganistan.
etc.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-06-20 15:46 | Report Abuse

I agree less on this with you Calvinwky. What you mention on the injustice is stronger country to weaker country.

But in Malaysia, we are all malaysian. Why the ruling party want to treat the sarawakian like fools? why they are neglected?

Why the indonesians are so hard working while the people in bolehland are so lazy even they are originate from the same place?

Posted by calvinwky168 > 2014-06-20 17:06 | Report Abuse

andychuck, read my statement again.
I mentioned "one in a stronger position against a weaker position". That was my point. Not country to country or a race against another.
Go visit myanmar and look at the rohingyas.
Go visit xinjiang china and look at the uighurs.
and so on.

If the examples I gave make you confuse. Then, I'm sorry.
If you intentionally want to twist and manipulate my meaning, then I'm not sorry at all.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-06-20 17:09 | Report Abuse

Then, what are these?

See what russia has done to ukraine.
See what us and alliance has done to iraq and ahfganistan.
See what china has done to paracel and spratly islands, vietnam and phillipines.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2014-06-20 17:13 | Report Abuse

Aiyah....why r u all argue....malay, Chinese & indian ?
All these crutches is for rich malay umno cronies mah ?

Would it not be better to help the left behind malay, Chinese, indian and east Malaysian irregardless of race & religion mah....!!

For example The children of Mahathir...already billionaire....still need help meh ? Bcos of underpriviledge meh ?.

Maybe the children of padi farmers, bas drivers of malays need be help mah......!!
So as the poor indian lorry drivers and the poor Chinese waiters mah...!!

So do not be conned...there still want to protect....the bumi....bcos...they want to protect the cronies.

The poor malay will not benefit...& they will continue to be poor mah.....if we take care of the rich & neglect the poor.

Posted by doremi123 > 2014-06-20 18:36 | Report Abuse

Ask yourself, do PR got chance to win next GE? Big no right? PKR and PAS not strong already, DAP only chineses will support but that too slipping.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-06-20 22:28 | Report Abuse

Till the next election, more $$$ will be corrupted by the cronies LAH!

Posted by moneygrabber > 2014-06-21 00:02 | Report Abuse

a wonderfully divided country...and there is this man Koon, who I am sure is altruistic with his views who speaks on behalf of the Chinese and in passing non Malaysa falls into the same racial trap himself. Lets not talk of chinese, indians, malays etc let us begin with those who are underprivileged etc. Malaysians have built a moat around themslevs and cannot see the forest for the trees, even the well meaning ones

endofpr

1 posts

Posted by endofpr > 2014-06-22 22:31 | Report Abuse

Koon article backfire badly. Can read how readers react. Should have put "Do umno cronies need cructhes?" instead he direct to malays in general. Very insensitive.

kheng

1,167 posts

Posted by kheng > 2014-06-22 23:41 | Report Abuse

The bottom line is helping the poor n not the rich immaterial of skin color. I think all here will agree n no need to go on lengthy argument.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-06-23 09:48 | Report Abuse

There are many cronies here, so becareful. Before you ever gain some money from the KLSE, you will be conned due to greediness.

cn814

1 posts

Posted by cn814 > 2014-06-24 20:40 | Report Abuse

just make monies and like all the rich UMNOputras , send monies to Middle East, UK , Saudi, Australia, Tax free havens... far away from this country and safe! They come back with branded goods...wallets, bags, shirts, baggage, jackets....That is the reason why the country is poor but UMNOputras are rich!

davidtkt

94 posts

Posted by davidtkt > 2014-06-28 22:55 | Report Abuse

ya i agree n support endofpr view on this matter. Malay r nice people n they need extra help by d government. But they r always use by Umno to help their own members more than Pas members. Regret that none r disclosed by their own members.Without these cronies, sure Malays can become more successful.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-06-28 23:08 | Report Abuse

To eat cheaper rice, get rid of Bernas the rice tongkat.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2014-06-29 13:51 | Report Abuse

Crutches for the elites but not for the ordinary Malay folks.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz