11 people like this.

23 comment(s). Last comment by godhand 2018-01-20 10:42

Posted by John Lu 《HENGYUAN upgrade to SIA LANG》 TP RM30 > 2017-12-29 06:42 | Report Abuse

Hengyuan haha...counting money everyday

Posted by Mohd Fahmi Bin Jaes > 2017-12-29 06:50 | Report Abuse

Everyday money

3iii

12,913 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2017-12-29 07:21 | Report Abuse

John Lu

Kindly share here for our education, all your previous Hengyuan equivalents of past years?

Are you a 1 stock (Hengyuan) pony?

csl1991

245 posts

Posted by csl1991 > 2017-12-29 11:13 | Report Abuse

Thanks for sharing KC. Don't be disheartened by the naysayers and continue writing articles. I'm sure there is a group of silent readers appreciating your writing.

Sslee

5,374 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-12-29 17:57 | Report Abuse

Dear KC Chong,
As the year came to a closed and a new year began, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the sharing of your investment knowledge with the i3 community. I believe many people have benefited from your teaching of Fundamental value investing (FVI) I included. It have been a good learning curve for me as I start to look into i3 and learned from all the Sifus in i3 for that Holy Grill or Magic Formula for successful investment. Please allow me to summaries what I have learned:
Form KC Chong: FVI where you need to read the financial report, know the business, do the calculation, (EPS, ROE, Profit margin, PE ratio, P/B, P/cash flow, Dividend yield, EV/Ebit and etc) take care of the downside and the upside will take care of itself.
From OTB: FA plus TA. FA will take care of FVI and TA will able you to time your entry and exit. A very good investment strategy with cut-loss and TP target.
From Calvintaneng: Bottom-Fishing. Deep value stocks with great undervalue assets that waiting for realization. A risky investment strategy as stock price is depressed for a reason and may not bounce back for many years to come.
From CPTEH: Stock alert, Cut-loss and Day trading. With internet trading and special discount on transaction cost for day trading most likely with some skill, TA chart and a laptop you can make a living by day-trading.
From Stockmanmy: Dynamic investing and sailang which I cannot understand what he actually means? But can only guess; in other word follow a hot/momentum stock and all in. I do sincerely wish he is in Hengyuan as his aim is to drive a Rolls-Royce car and be as rich as Mr. Koon when he reaches Mr. Koon age.
From General Stockraider: Margin of safety investment or Spring theory where a spring is compressed down, down and down till it cannot go down any more then it will finally spring up. The only truth of his theory is without profit growth the spring is as good as a broken spring. Anyway he got it right in Hengyuan but wrong in Bjcorp.
From Super-Investor Mr. Koon Yew Yin: His investment golden rules; PE below 10, business sense of impending good profit growth catalyst. Of cause he got it right in Hengyuan (A heart stopping moment of price swing from RM 19.20 to 15.94 and end the last trading day for 2017 at RM16.30 a drop of RM1.66 from yesterday closed). But not so on JAKS and EVERSENDAI as he jump the gun on these two stocks (too early to see the profit growth).
Happy Birthday to Mr. Koon Yew Yin, he celebrated his 85th birthday on 28th Dec 2017.

Also not forgetting many of the Financial Analysts (Steel sector, Petro refinery sector, O&G sector, Electronic sector, IT sector, Plantation and etc) who had spend their time in gathering the facts and figures and presenting them in i3 blog for the benefit of i3 community, so that we can make our informed investment decision and have a good profitable year 2017.
Many thanks also to our old-timers readily giving their experience advice to newbie.
Wishing all a Happy New Year and May 2018 bring another profitable year to all.

Thank you.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-01-01 22:41 | Report Abuse

Dear sslee,

Pls allow Raider correct ur wrong perception in investment ON RAIDER LOH, actually hengyuan and bjcorp represent opposing investment technique mah:

1. HENGYUAN INVESTMENT IS DRIVEN BY STRONG EARNINGS GROWTH, HIGH EPS, STRONG CASHFLOW, VERY LOW PE AND IMPROVING PROSPECT LOH...!!
ALSO HENGYUAN IS A FOCUS COMPANY !....FOCUSING ON REFINERY, A STRONG REPEATATIVE HIGH VOLUNE ESSENTIAL CONSUMER PRODUCTS MAH...!!
IT IS THE INVESTMENT METHOD OF PHILLIP FISHER.
HENGYUAN IS ESSENTIALLY THE MAKING OF A BLUECHIPS, DYNAMIC INVESTMENT AND WARREN BUFFET INVESTMENT TECHNIQUE OF HOLDING ONTO A COMPANY WITH GOOD PROSPECT FOREVER LOH....!!

2. BJCORP IS BASICALLY A CONTRARIAN INVESTMENT METHOD PROPOSE BY BEN GRAHAM.
THE COMPRESSED SPRING THEORY COME FROM THE POINT, WHEN THE STOCK HAS SO LOW EXPECTATION THAT WHENEVER THERE IS BAD NEWS, IT WOULD HAVE NO IMPACT ON THE SHARE PRICE LOH...THIS IS THE POINT WHEN MR MARKET IS REALLY EXHAUSTED LOH...!!
WHENEVER THERE IS SOME GOOD NEWS, IT WILL BE THE CATALYST THAT TRIGGER A RERATING, THAT WILL SHOOT THE PRICE UP LIKE A ROCKET MAH...!!
MR CALVIN TAN IS A GREAT PRACTIONER OF THIS TECHNIQUE.
INVESTOR NEED TO BUY AND WAIT, WHENEVER THERE IS A BIG MARGIN OF SAFETY MAH.....!!
USUALLY U NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE TO HOLD LOH....!!
BEN GRAHAM SUGGEST 2 TO 3 YRS HOLDING PERIOD LOH...!!
IT IS NOT WRONG YET FOR BJCORP, U JUST NEED TO HAVE LITTLE BIT OF PATIENCE LOH..!!

From General Stockraider: Margin of safety investment or Spring theory where a spring is compressed down, down and down till it cannot go down any more then it will finally spring up. The only truth of his theory is without profit growth the spring is as good as a broken spring. Anyway he got it right in Hengyuan but wrong in Bjcorp.

Posted by HENGYUAN Sexy Babe @ RM21 > 2018-01-02 00:36 | Report Abuse

I feel like the purpose of this article is pron to attack Mr.kyy only. Kc, move on,stop condemning the old man, although he is not always right, but when he is right he earn few millions more or few hundred millions?

Posted by John Lu 《HENGYUAN upgrade to SIA LANG》 TP RM30 > 2018-01-02 07:35 | Report Abuse

This KC only know how to condemn people...uncle Kyy earning so much in Hengyuan...no jokes...I think Kyy unvle earning more than 50 million from HYC whereby KC still crack his head to earn peanut from subscription fees, u know la, 1 year return only 9%, KC need find other way to survive also ma...who is the winner now?

Cnlim

457 posts

Posted by Cnlim > 2018-01-02 07:36 | Report Abuse

Say what you like at least Mr. Kyy really invest in the stock he believe in not just talk2

supersaiyan3

3,126 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2018-01-02 08:20 | Report Abuse

Happy New Year, KC! Don't let them stop you from speaking the truth.

On Sailang point 13, they just have to make sure they sell before the newbies.

aiboon

296 posts

Posted by aiboon > 2018-01-02 08:55 | Report Abuse

no perfect human in the world.....if u are so perfect then why u point the finger to others ppls...

ferwoo

21 posts

Posted by ferwoo > 2018-01-02 09:54 | Report Abuse

just my 2 cent. those ppl that criticizes Kyy, compare yourself to him? who are you? he was previously MD of several public listed companies now. he willing to share his purchase for benefit of others and even justify his purchase. You guys not even half of his generosity and capability. I say you guys crawl back into hole you came out from and give him the respect that he deserves.

Sslee

5,374 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-01-02 10:20 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. - Albert Einstein-.
No one in this world is perfect and flawless. If you avoid people for their imperfection that you will always be alone in this world. So Judge less and love more.
Learned from all and picks what suit you.

Thank you

Posted by SharehlderOppression > 2018-01-02 10:34 | Report Abuse

Dear Kcchongnz,
Ignore the naysayers, your pragmatic approach towards investing is invaluable. Fully agree with every point you have made.
Timing is everything. You can buy a good company but at a wrong price.
Hence with Fair Value Investing and diversification, your risk is spread out. It is like buying many houses at auction prices.
Keep up the good work!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-01-02 22:14 | Report Abuse

Posted by Sslee > Dec 29, 2017 05:57 PM | Report Abuse
Dear KC Chong,
As the year came to a closed and a new year began, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the sharing of your investment knowledge with the i3 community. I believe many people have benefited from your teaching of Fundamental value investing (FVI) I included. It have been a good learning curve for me as I start to look into i3 and learned from all the Sifus in i3 for that Holy Grill or Magic Formula for successful investment. Please allow me to summaries what I have learned:
Form KC Chong: FVI where you need to read the financial report, know the business, do the calculation, (EPS, ROE, Profit margin, PE ratio, P/B, P/cash flow, Dividend yield, EV/Ebit and etc) take care of the downside and the upside will take care of itself.

Sslee, I am glad your have learned something from me. This is what I am trying to do in i3investor, already for more than 5 years.

I spent a lot of time doing this, had work, but at least I know some people, like you, benefited. It is satisfying.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-01-02 22:24 | Report Abuse

Posted by John Lu 《HENGYUAN upgrade to SIA LANG》 TP RM30 > Jan 2, 2018 07:35 AM | Report Abuse
This KC only know how to condemn people...uncle Kyy earning so much in Hengyuan...no jokes...I think Kyy unvle earning more than 50 million from HYC whereby KC still crack his head to earn peanut from subscription fees, u know la, 1 year return only 9%, KC need find other way to survive also ma...who is the winner now?

Which part of my article "condemn people"? Please show and elaborate.

Who cares if anybody earn so much money? What value does it bring to the society?

Me, and you have complete different values in life. I love my way.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

And I pride myself for propagating the right things to the community. If I can do something good to the society, like what I am trying to debunk some investment myths here, whether I earn anything or not, it doesn't matter. I will be happier doing so. Making 50m is not my aim in life. Life has a better meaning than that.

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-01-02 22:25 | Report Abuse

tq kc sifu for sharing.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-01-02 22:52 | Report Abuse

Posted by csl1991 > Dec 29, 2017 11:13 AM | Report Abuse
Thanks for sharing KC. Don't be disheartened by the naysayers and continue writing articles. I'm sure there is a group of silent readers appreciating your writing.

Thanks for the encouragement. This is the main reason why I am still sticking around in i3investor.

myongcc5

708 posts

Posted by myongcc5 > 2018-01-02 23:00 | Report Abuse

Well said 1991

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-01-02 23:07 | Report Abuse

Posted by supersaiyan3 > Jan 2, 2018 08:20 AM | Report Abuse
Happy New Year, KC! Don't let them stop you from speaking the truth.
On Sailang point 13, they just have to make sure they sell before the newbies.

I always appreciate supersayan3's motivation. Thank you.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-01-02 23:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by SharehlderOppression > Jan 2, 2018 10:34 AM | Report Abuse
Dear Kcchongnz,
Ignore the naysayers, your pragmatic approach towards investing is invaluable. Fully agree with every point you have made.
Timing is everything. You can buy a good company but at a wrong price.
Hence with Fair Value Investing and diversification, your risk is spread out. It is like buying many houses at auction prices.
Keep up the good work!

Of course I also highly appreciate the above. Thank you.

Aries

659 posts

Posted by Aries > 2018-01-02 23:52 | Report Abuse

Happy New Year, KC! I always like to read your articles in i3. 加油!

godhand

1,894 posts

Posted by godhand > 2018-01-20 10:42 | Report Abuse

This is only one aspect which i think is important which i think is not wrong. It just form part of good investing

However, long term investing is about the next 30 years, 50 years or forever

Another aspect of investing is really to look into a business who has superior edge over the others, not easy to replicate, good brand etc. You cant strip this thing from the reports.

For example, Would you invest in the newspaper industry now even if its at 50% discount.

I see you buy skpres at a very cheap price at 40c but at what basis. Definitely not because of the growth rate simply because it had not happened yet at that time. Its your hidden business sense that tell you that it will grow.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz