2 people like this.

234 comment(s). Last comment by EngineeringProfit 2 weeks ago

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

ks55

Hai-O under Tan Kai Hee's tenure invested a lot in Pu-er tea too. I do not know much about this investment. It is tradable. Does the Pu-er tea get more valuable with age?

Sslee

6,081 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

My colleague told me he also invest in Pu-er and the truth is got price but no buyer.

Sslee

6,081 posts

And his advice is don't invest in Pu-er or painting better to invest in watch and gold so that at least you can leave the watch and gold to your children.

If you leave the painting or Pu-er they do not know what to do with it.

CharlesT

14,862 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 29 minutes ago | Report Abuse

I recalled OTB shared he was badly affected by the 1997 stock market crash. In fact, his financial future was at risk. He learned TA and started teaching too for various organised meetings. His good fortune came when KYY identified him to manage his funds. Yes, it was obvious KYY made a lot of money when his fund was managed by OTB. This liason did not last, and they parted a bit acrimoniously.

Given a new lease of financial health, I recall OTB shared how he set aside a sum of money for his future. This money is not in the stock market. He also subscribed to a learning course on FA by KC Chong.

Was he a bankrupt? Probably not, but it was not surprising for a remisier to be in deep financial difficulty post 1997. Glad for him that he is out of this difficult period.

I think it's a fair observation of 3iii.

OTB confessed that he suffered great losses during 1997/1998 several times in public n in I3. Whether he was bankrupt then or not I dont know.

Anyway he made his big barrel of golds during the export themes few years back, also the starting point of Koon Bee (which didnt last for long, maybe 2 or 3 years only).

In the subsequent years till now, I believe he made good profit during most of the years....n it seems to me he never ever miss any theme plays.

How to lose leh for Sifu's case....

He is always the first one to buy n to sell....buffered by his VVIP, few hundred RM1000 subscribers and many many waterfish who wanted free tips in I3.

CharlesT

14,862 posts

The old fox knows his game well.

Sslee

6,081 posts

So free tips in i3 end up become very expensive tips?

I went in and bought some Notion yesterday hope can sell it today for my free bintang beer and lobster.

CharlesT

14,862 posts

After being burnt several times in stock mkt, Sifu has learned and has diversified his money into several assets....properties, PBB Mutual Funds (?), Yinson 5% Bonds etc besides stock mkt.

I dont think he will bankrupt again (assuming he bankrupted b4 lah) in his remaining life.

OTB

11,417 posts

Posted by OTB > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Posted by Vincent8864 > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse

If I made up following statement, I run over by a lorry.

If the following came from OTB, he go out the road, the car will knock him down!

“As long as I did not cause my subscribers to lose RM200 mil in JAKS Resources and above RM100 mil in Dayang (Enterprise Bhd), I think my performance is considered to be very good if compared against Koon Yew Yin who has no skill to invest in our KLSE (Bursa Malaysia).”

How could you post above statement in public forum against your old friend. This is a 反骨仔behavior! I didn't make up this story.
---------------
Vincent8864 is a shameless liar here.
Do not know the whole story, copy and paste to attack me.
Please check with Sslee, he knows the story well.

I never attack anyone in I3.
Mr Koon attacked me, I just reply his attack in the above message.
I never attack Mr Koon if he did not betray me by telling lies in I3.
I have held back many attacks because I am still grateful to me.

Mr Koon knew that, he apologised to me after he read many attacks on him in his postings.

I do not have many attackers in I3, the number can be counted using fingers.
I am not like you, badmouth and quarrel with many people in I3.
Do not know the story, do not simply jump into conclusion.
Do not tell lies in I3.
I post my article honestly in I3, hence I do not worry on your lies to badmouth me.
Thank you.

CharlesT

14,862 posts

Posted by Sslee > 1 minute ago | Report Abuse

So free tips in i3 end up become very expensive tips?

I went in and bought some Notion yesterday hope can sell it today for my free bintang beer and lobster.

Most of the time free stuffs are the most expensive stuffs....

I only wish I can make few plates of chicken rice from Notion-WB....

I live a very humble life, Senior...

OTB

11,417 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 59 seconds ago | Report Abuse

After being burnt several times in stock mkt, Sifu has learned and has diversified his money into several assets....properties, PBB Mutual Funds (?), Yinson 5% Bonds etc besides stock mkt.

I dont think he will bankrupt again (assuming he bankrupted b4 lah) in his remaining life.
-------------------
Do not assume, please note that I never be a bankrupt before.
I am still a millionaire since 1993.
I hold a remisier license since 1993, a remisier cannot be a bankrupt.
The license cannot be renewed if you are a bankrupt.
There are 2 shameless liars here to say that I am a bankrupt.
Do not expect true words from these 2 shameless liars.
Thank you.

Sslee

6,081 posts

Sometime I just wonder why got all worked up and started swearing and cursing in a public forum when anyone, you do not know can just try to provoke you with their comment.

Just take it easy and relax.

Posted by Dashing916 > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Posted by Sslee > 1 minute ago | Report Abuse

Sometime I just wonder why got all worked up and started swearing and cursing in a public forum when anyone, you do not know can just try to provoke you with their comment.

Just take it easy and relax.

-----------------------------

Couldn't agree more. this place is supposed to be a platform for investors and traders to exchange ideas and discussion. now it's so toxic and energy draining. better spend our time somewhere else.

ks55

4,055 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2 weeks ago |

Post removed.Why?

godhand

1,942 posts

Posted by godhand > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Its like a zoo. grown up having arguments without info sharing. The only good thing about this website is i can get access to reports

OTB

11,417 posts

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse

I recalled OTB shared he was badly affected by the 1997 stock market crash. In fact, his financial future was at risk. He learned TA and started teaching too for various organised meetings. His good fortune came when KYY identified him to manage his funds. Yes, it was obvious KYY made a lot of money when his fund was managed by OTB. This liason did not last, and they parted a bit acrimoniously.

Given a new lease of financial health, I recall OTB shared how he set aside a sum of money for his future. This money is not in the stock market. He also subscribed to a learning course on FA by KC Chong.

Was he a bankrupt? Probably not, but it was not surprising for a remisier to be in deep financial difficulty post 1997. Glad for him that he is out of this difficult period.
--------------------
Yes. You tell the true story.
I have many client losses in 1997/8, however, these clients are very gentleman, they paid the losses in 1999/2000.
I hold a remisier license since 1993, a remisier cannot be a bankrupt.
The license cannot be renewed if I am a bankrupt.
I worked for 3 jobs to earn back my investment capital.
I started to make back a lot of money in 2009, I gained a lot on Gamuda-WC.

I want to be fair, I made a lot of money in export stocks in 2014/5 and also VS.
I was the champion in I3 stock pick competition in 2015, the ROI is 235% if I am not mistaken.
Mr Koon promoted all the stocks selected by me, I benefited a lot in 2015.
Hence I am very grateful to Mr Koon even he attacked me a few times.
Mrs Koon was very kind to me, tell Mr Koon to apologise to me after his public attack on me.

Thank you.

Sslee

6,081 posts

I did not ask my colleague when did he started his Pu-er but he is collector of art, watch, gemstone and etc.

He has his channel and what I understand is he has been asking his chanel to sell his collection of Pu-er but his channel can't find him a buyer.

ks55

4,055 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Mainland Chinese buyers are picky. They only look for those quality aged puer tea high on demand in China. They themselves are tea merchant in China.

Right now, China economy not that good. Those Mainland buyers not coming to look for tea for time being. Just keep the tea a bit longer to wait for tea market to recover. As quality improves over time, same goes with its price. Not selling this year need not worry, for next year you may sell at a higher price.

Puer tea investment is not like investment in stock market. You must know your tea well and what is its current market value. How to dispose is not much a problem. It is easier than selling your house.

CharlesT

14,862 posts

Of the named stocks, recall that Uncle Koon was locked in a fierce battle with JAKS after both he and his wife Tan Kit Pheng (main pic; left) mopped up large quantity of the stock, only to be subject to forced selling in view or margin calls when the price of JAKS started to plunge after touching a high of RM1.85 in February 2018.

“Based on our average selling price of 80 sen, our average purchase price of RM1.20 per share and our total holdings of 160 million shares, we have lost RM64 mil,” he noted in a blog posting dated Dec 8, 2018. ‘This is my most expensive lesson in my life.”

CharlesT

14,862 posts

Posted by OTB > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

I told him not to buy Jaks, he posted himself that I stop him.
If he ever listen to me, he would save at least 300 to 500 million.
So sad to lose back so much money.
Thank you.

CharlesT

14,862 posts

Unlikely for Old Koon to lose hundreds of M in JAKS lah.....tens of M is likely

Sslee

6,081 posts

Aiyoyo CharlesT super rich people like to add addition zero to their number.

CharlesT

14,862 posts

U meant Sifu added the number or Old Koon is to shy to confess his actual losses?

CharlesT

14,862 posts

Though at one time Old Koon was caught by me trying to massage his average cost of Xinquan to make it lower so as to show he didnt lose that much

Sslee

6,081 posts

A one man institutional fund KYY where got so much money 300 to 500 million to lose.

CharlesT

14,862 posts

Posted by Sslee > 16 seconds ago | Report Abuse

A one man institutional fund KYY where got so much money 300 to 500 million to lose.

Are u implying Sifu bullshit??

Sslee

6,081 posts

Sifu typo error

CharlesT

14,862 posts

haha smart answer....very diplomatic ...unlike me...

Sslee

6,081 posts

At the high of his wealth KYY should have a few hundred million.

Simple Man

902 posts

Posted by Simple Man > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

“As long as I did not cause my subscribers to lose RM200 mil in JAKS Resources and above RM100 mil in Dayang (Enterprise Bhd)".. of course because 90% of your subscribers are bilis... lost RM1mil already bankrupt. =(

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

I think KYY lost a lot of money playing Jaks and Eversendai.

It is probable that all the gains he made before these were not enough to cover these big losses.

Why the very big losses? He probably bet very big in these 2 counters. He visited these companies' assets in Vietnam and the Middle East. He was very positive on the businesses of these companies. In hindsight, he was overwhelmed by the bullishness of his own emotions, and did not realise or underestimated the downside risks. He also probably leveraged a lot on these 2 stocks.

When these stock prices collapsed (due to poor business performances), their share prices tanked. Caught in a downturn, the high exposures and high leverages led to severe margin calls. By his own sharing, he had to sell some landed assets to cover for these losses.

"Reminiscences of a Malaysian Stock Operator."

OTB, KYY and friends hyped the furniture stocks in the past. The share prices of these stocks expanded and it was obvious they made a lot of money. Remarkably, they then focused on Hengyuan, and too managed to hyped this stock to a high level. Those who followed them too made a lot of money.

Should you follow such market activities? It was obvious price movements upward attracted a lot of momentum traders, and also short term punters.

Alas, there were a lot of blood spilt on the streets when the bubbles burst. Human behaviour is such. Old players with experience might have modified their behavious, but there are new players freshly entered for the slaughter again.

Sslee

6,081 posts

Is was KYY look more like Jesse Livermore misused leverage to the max with margin finance.

OTB

11,417 posts

Vincent8864 is the shameless liar in this forum.
Please look yourself in the mirror, how is your performance before you comment.
Do not twist the facts and turn left or right to attack.
How much you make from KLSE ?
1 million, 10 million or 100 million ?
Do not make a lot of money, please stop your attack.
I use my last finger also beat you flat.

OTB

11,417 posts

Do not think that I can be bullied easily.
Every posting in I3 is to attack me.
Show me your good records first.
I have many good records to show in I3.
You do not have any.
You have a lot of lies to tell the world to attack me.
F you.

OTB

11,417 posts

Vincent8864 is the biggest shameless lair in I3.
Twist the facts to attack.
Turn the corner to tell lies to attack.
Everything he is right, he is as good as a god.

Spend so much time in I3 to attack me who made million from KLSE.
The profit I made, Vincent8864 needs to work for 2 generations.
Why keep attack Me ?
Are you better than me ?
How much you made from KLSE ?
No point to attack further.

See yourself in the mirror, are you a better investor ?

You think all readers are stupiid, they do not know who is sincere and who is the shameless lair in this forum.

How good you are in the stock market is depend on how much profit you make.
Not how much lies you tell in this forum.

OTB

11,417 posts

Posted by Vincent8864 > 1 hour ago | Report Abuse

Jesse Livermore is the greatest trader in the world. At one time, Livermore was one of the richest people in the world but he killed himself with a gun in hotel room.

OTB has the same characteristics like Jesse Livermore. He is good in stock selection but he is a gambler, he doesn't know when to leave the gambling table. He will lost every single cent he has on gambling table before he take a break.
-----------------------
You are telling lies after lies here.
If I lost in this way, definitely cannot make multi-million in KLSE.
I am not that stupiid like you, wasting time to talk nonsense to attack me without any gain.
You will be cursed again and again in this forum.

Posted by Vincent8864 > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

I posted many times, my passive income alone already exceeded T20 level. The most important thing is I'm 25 to 30 years old younger than you.

If you want to compare must compare 25 years ago, what is your level ma. I heard that time you just recovered from Bankruptcy. Correct?

OTB

11,417 posts

Vincent8864,
I have reiterated many time that I do not know this bangla supervisor or cafe supervisor.
This bangla supervisor is also not Tandavid.
Tandavid comes to my office almost everyday, he is a honest person.
I told you so many time, you do not want to believe.
Nothing much I can help here.
Nothing much I can do, I leave it to you.

I never tell lies and I never attack anyone in I3.
Thank you.

Sslee

6,081 posts

Posted by Vincent8864 > Aug 28, 2024 9:29 PM | Report Abuse
I posted many times, my passive income alone already exceeded T20 level. The most important thing is I'm 25 to 30 years old younger than you

Must be from rich family.
When I was 30+ I am still working extrmely hard just to provide for my family.

I'm not from rich family. I'm doing my own business now. My wealth mainly from my business income and properties investment.

Posted by Sslee > 44 minutes ago | Report Abuse

Posted by Vincent8864 > Aug 28, 2024 9:29 PM | Report Abuse
I posted many times, my passive income alone already exceeded T20 level. The most important thing is I'm 25 to 30 years old younger than you

Must be from rich family.
When I was 30+ I am still working extrmely hard just to provide for my family

I already over 40, I guessing OTB about 65 to 70.

OTB

11,417 posts

Yes.
I come from a very poor family, my parent just do not have money to send me to study even I am always the top student in my school.
I suffer a lot during my childhood time.
Very sad, no pocket money to spend.
A bowl of laksa is a luxury to me, this is the type of life I have.
Hence I am always very frugal in life even until today.

After I made it from KLSE, I really treasure all the money I have.
I keep 30% of the money in FD and 30% on property.
This saving will enable me to have a good living until the last day of my life.
No more loan and I keep cash and shares only.
I believe I cannot be poor again.
Thank you.

SKY2

742 posts

Posted by SKY2 > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Thank you OTB for all the sharings ..U are always appreciated

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

The answer is there are 1000000001 ways to lose money in the stock

1. Stock prices can fluctuate wildly due to economic events, geopolitical tensions, or changes in investor sentiment. Even seasoned investors can be caught off guard by sudden market drops, leading to significant losses.

2. Jumping into popular stocks or investment trends without understanding the underlying fundamentals can be dangerous. These stocks can be overvalued or prone to sudden declines, leaving latecomers with significant losses.

3. Sensational news reports or overly optimistic analyst predictions can create hype around certain stocks. Investors who buy into the hype without doing their own research may find themselves holding overvalued stocks that eventually crash.

4. Frequent buying and selling of stocks can lead to high transaction costs and taxes, eating into profits. Overtrading also increases the likelihood of making poor decisions under pressure.

5. Ponzi Schemes and Pump-and-Dump: The stock market is not immune to fraud. Unscrupulous individuals may promote fake companies or manipulate stock prices to defraud investors. Falling victim to such schemes can result in total loss of investment.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz