Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-12 08:05 | Report Abuse

My Golden Rule of Investing: Companies that grow revenues and earnings will see share prices grow over time.

17 people like this.

3,714 comment(s). Last comment by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ 2 weeks ago

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-12 10:07 | Report Abuse

This is fine loh....!!

But you advice people to invest based on this criteria, without looking at the share price & over paying that is wrong loh...!!

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-12 12:19 | Report Abuse

>>>Posted by stockraider > Aug 12, 2018 10:07 AM | Report Abuse

This is fine loh....!!

But you advice people to invest based on this criteria, without looking at the share price & over paying that is wrong loh...!!>>>>

Stockraider is not honest.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-12 12:35 | Report Abuse

WHAT A PONDAN & STUPID REPLY LOH ??

Posted by 3iii > Aug 12, 2018 12:19 PM | Report Abuse

>>>Posted by stockraider > Aug 12, 2018 10:07 AM | Report Abuse

This is fine loh....!!

But you advice people to invest based on this criteria, without looking at the share price & over paying that is wrong loh...!!>>>>

Stockraider is not honest.

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2018-08-12 12:45 | Report Abuse

currently which of such stocks is under your radar, mr 3iii

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-12 13:01 | Report Abuse

>>>stockraider WHAT A PONDAN & STUPID REPLY LOH ?? <<<

Raider lacks integrity.

If he reviewed his posts over the last 5 or 10 years on my stocks, he will realise how dishonest he has been.

klee

3,417 posts

Posted by klee > 2018-08-12 13:13 | Report Abuse

3iii
I have been following your posts.You seem like a cool,rational guy with good advices.Unlike some overzealous dude who will disappear now and again after his stock pick goes haywire.Keep up the good work.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-12 13:39 | Report Abuse

THIS BRADY FUCKING 3iii, HIS AVERAGE RETURN CANNOT EVEN BEAT MY FRIEND JOHNMASTER BEST PENNY STOCK SAILANG PICK AT RM 0.07 TO RM 0.08, SOME MORE TALKING COCK SO MUCH LOH....!!

FYI JOHNMASTER WHAT OF THE BEST STOCK PICKER, HAS BEEN BULLIED & INSULTED BY 3iii UNTIL HE GIVE UP POSTING LOH....!!

IT IS A BIG LOSS LOH....!!

Posted by 3iii > Aug 12, 2018 01:01 PM | Report Abuse

Raider lacks integrity.

If he reviewed his posts over the last 5 or 10 years on my stocks, he will realise how dishonest he has been.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-12 13:59 | Report Abuse

Raider lacks integrity.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-12 15:28 | Report Abuse

TODAY GSB IS ABOVE RM 0.22 LOH....!!

Posted by stockraider > Aug 12, 2018 01:39 PM | Report Abuse X

THIS BRADY FUCKING 3iii, HIS AVERAGE RETURN CANNOT EVEN BEAT MY FRIEND JOHNMASTER BEST PENNY STOCK SAILANG PICK AT RM 0.07 TO RM 0.08, SOME MORE TALKING COCK SO MUCH LOH....!!

FYI JOHNMASTER WHAT OF THE BEST STOCK PICKER, HAS BEEN BULLIED & INSULTED BY 3iii UNTIL HE GIVE UP POSTING LOH....!!

IT IS A BIG LOSS LOH....!!

Posted by 3iii > Aug 12, 2018 01:01 PM | Report Abuse

Raider lacks integrity.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 07:31 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by ProfitSonar > 2018-08-14 08:38 | Report Abuse

My Golden Rule of Investing: Companies that grow revenues and earnings will see share prices grow over time.

==========================================================
The thing is not all growth stocks is a good stock because growth is not free. Substantial amount need to be reinvested in order for company to grow. So, how do you differentiate good growth stocks vs bad growth stocks? For growth to be meaningful it needs to exceed the cost of capital right? How do you calculate cost of capital? How do you determine how long will the growth last and at what rate? Your description of "My Golden Rule of Investing: Companies that grow revenues and earnings will see share prices grow over time." is generally applies to small cap stocks. But based on your previous comments you dont really promote small cap stocks. Why is that? Small cap isnt good enough?

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-08-14 08:50 | Report Abuse

ONE THING ABOUT HIDDEN GROWTH STOCK THAT ALL MISSED

LIKE PLANTING TAPIOCA PLANT

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/tapioca+plants

I ONCE PLANTED SOME TAPIOCA PLANTS AND LEFT THEM ALONE FOR 6 MONTHS

ON THE SURFACE I SAW NOTHING BUT LEAVES.

BUT FAT JUICY TAPIOCA WAS GROWING UNDERNEATH THE SOIL

ONE DAY I PLUCKED UP THESE FAT JUICY TAPIOCA AND HAD A VERY NICE MEAL

NOW THIS ALSO HAPPEN TO INVESTING IN VALUE SHARES WITH DEEP HIDDEN ASSETS

I INVESTED IN PM CORP AT 9 SEN

ON SURFACE PM CORP REVENUE AND PROFIT WERE LOUSY. BUT PM CORP HAS HIDDEN ASSETS OF VALUE

WHEN PM CORP DISPOSED A FACTORY IN SINGAPORE IT GAVE AN 8 SEN CASH PAYOUT

WAHAHA!

I GOT A FAT JUICY REWARD HOLDING PM CORP

SO GROWTH CAN BE VERY VISIBLE

BUT GROWTH CAN ALSO BE "INVISIBLE"

EVERYONE CAN SEE THAT WHICH IS VISIBLE

BUT IT TAKES EXPERIENCE, SKILL, LONG YEARS OF ACCUMULATED WISDOM TO

"SEE" THAT WHICH IS INVISIBLE.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 11:04 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-14 11:11 | Report Abuse

For genuine investors, in the last two years, there are only 2 companies that withstood all the storm and both are easy to spot ....all that is needed was to properly understand why they are different......

there are AeonCredit and Vitrox

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-14 11:21 | Report Abuse

I am not saying buy these 2 now.....just saying, for genuine investors, if you can spot an exceptional company with great management, special position in a growing sector, every thing else will fall in place.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 12:04 | Report Abuse

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/2007ltr.pdf

Page 6 of this letter by Buffett:

Businesses – The Great, the Good and the Gruesome

Let’s take a look at what kind of businesses turn us on. And while we’re at it, let’s also discuss what we wish to avoid.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 12:16 | Report Abuse

Not all drivers of stock prices are logical.

For a growth stock portfolio, must focus on underlying growth of companies.

Ignore the noises in the markets.

In the near-term, all kinds of forces drive stock prices up and down. These "noises" are extraneous to our approach to investing.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-14 12:47 | Report Abuse

too bad I am a trader not a genuine investor......just saying, if I am a genuine investor I would have benefited handsomely just holding on to AeonCr and Vitrox these 2 years.....and these 2 companies turn me on from the first day I research them....and still do.

I have small positions in Vitrox and AeonCr....how nice if I have large positions.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 13:39 | Report Abuse

Aeon Credit is in my portfolio. Has been for many years already.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 13:59 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-14 15:06 | Report Abuse

avoid?

shares to avoid of course GLCs and all controversial shares.

GLCs used to find a home in Khazanah and this has supported the Index.........now homeless. Of course cannot buy.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 16:12 | Report Abuse

The speculator is not an investor.

His object is not to secure a steady return on his money at a good rate of interest but to profit by either a rise or a fall in the price of whatever he may be speculating in.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 16:20 | Report Abuse

It is no trick at all to be right on the market.
You always find lots of early bulls
in bull markets and early bears in bear markets.
I've known many men who were right at
exactly the right time and began buying or
selling stocks when prices were
at the very level which should show the greatest
profit. And their experience invariably
matched mine .. that is, they made no real money
out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon."

Best quote of Jesse Livermore:

"It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!"

[Dedicated to traders. :) ]

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-14 16:40 | Report Abuse

easier said than done.....good shares over next two years cannot be more than a handful.....meaning 98% of the time, sitting down will not make it.......unless can choose the 2% correct ones.

there are a lot of head winds in these 2 years......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-14 16:41 | Report Abuse

I think speculators will do better than investors......

Posted by ProfitSonar > 2018-08-14 19:22 | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > Aug 14, 2018 11:04 AM | Report Abuse

Like your questions. Better than the harping by raider, which is rather senseless and unproductive.

======================================================================

Thank you. I take it as a compliment. I have been trying to reach you thru PMs in investlah but no avail. Do you hold SCICOM ? Because its ROIC is quite attractive I think. But i really don't know about the future of the company. I wish I know something –but i don't. So , how to increase ones circle of competence? I know that the size of circle of competence is not very important however knowing its boundaries is vital. But I also love the idea that ones is able to increase its circle of competence.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-14 19:49 |

Post removed.Why?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-14 20:45 | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > Aug 14, 2018 07:49 PM | Report Abuse

>>>Posted by qqq3 > Aug 14, 2018 04:41 PM | Report Abuse

I think speculators will do better than investors......<<<

Over the short term, some of the speculators may show some superb returns. We can see this in this forum too. Riding the uptrend taking a big bet.

However, over the long term, I am confident, almost all the speculators will end up with "speculators' returns". I have yet to meet someone who speculates in the market short term over many years, who is spectacularly rich. I have known many wealthy people who speculate in the market, but they are losers rather than winners.

I know a lot of people who got burned speculating in the stock market who are completely out of the market. They have learned their lessons and rightly stayed out; wisely too. Those lacking the knowledge of investing should not indulge in the stock market.

Investors who are guided by a good philosophy and method, should do well in the long run. Over the many years of investing, they would have owned a portfolio which has a lot of gains.

This is exactly my personal experience too. I have many retirees who are my golf mates. All experienced what you have mentioned, absolutely. No exception.

Just look at the writer of the comment as a good example. Has he been successful after 40 years in the stock market?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 13:54 | Report Abuse

ted by kcchongnz > Aug 14, 2018 08:45 PM | Report Abuse

Just look at the writer of the comment as a good example. Has he been successful after 40 years in the stock market?
================

fu...kc...u know nothing about me.......nothing except what is written in this forum......

actually the only difference between speculators and people like you.....is that you are the hang pig head sell dog meat.

actually anyone wanting superior returns are speculators.....

further more....

Posted by qqq3 > Aug 14, 2018 04:40 PM | Report Abuse X

easier said than done.....good shares over next two years cannot be more than a handful.....meaning 98% of the time, sitting down will not make it.......unless can choose the 2% correct ones.

there are a lot of head winds in these 2 years......

by make it...I mean 100% return.....only speculating and trading can make you 100% pa.....

over the next 2 years, not more than 2% of the shares will give you 100% return if you just sit down......

CharlesT

14,888 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-08-15 13:57 | Report Abuse

Qqq3 everyday argue here argue there for what?can make money ah? Did koon give u tips to buy lionind at 0.80+??

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 14:03 | Report Abuse

99% of the people here are traders and speculators....holding period ranging from 1 hour to a few months.......

yet here in this forum.....everyone sings value investing, even maths formulas, spits on traders and speculators ......don't know who they are trying to cheat and why they do it.....all hypocrites? kc, you a hypocrite?

when 99% of the people here are traders and speculators.....why they write as if they look down on traders and speculators?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 14:05 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 14:16 | Report Abuse

charles, if KYY wants the whole world to know what he is doing, he will write it himself....

I dare not write here what he told me.....but I can tell you I told him to buy Elsoft, no idea whether he is interested.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 15:02 | Report Abuse

high PE has never been a mental block to me.

its only a mental block for cheap skate people wanting to buy low quality stuffs.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 16:09 | Report Abuse

kc

when u go promote Ace counters and small caps with no history and unstable revenue/ profits....isn't that speculation?

so u think hang pig head sell dog meat makes it better?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 18:43 | Report Abuse

buy and hold vs speculating/ trading

in a primary bull run, there is no way trading / speculations can out perform a buy and hold strategy. Trading/ speculations at such times just have too much leakages.

in any other market conditions....there is no way a buy and hold strategy can out perform trading / speculations. ...of course, assuming the trader got some common sense and experience.

in next 2 years, not more than 2% of the stocks will get you 100% return from start to finish. can you pick up the 2% stocks? In last 2 years, I can identify only AeonCr and Vitrox.....In next 2 years, which one?

investing? so what is your objective? to get market rates? why bother? why take the market risks? why not just invest in a mutual fund or FD?

if you want to invest yourself, be prepared to be a speculator, a trader......eventually to sailang and margin when prepared.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-15 21:20 | Report Abuse

A 25 year old who is actively saving for retirement should get down on his knees and pray for a decades-long, brutal bear market so that he can accumulate stocks cheaply.

The bear market is no friend of the retiree, who is spending down his or her savings.

The rosiest scenario for the young investor is a long, brutal bear market . For the retiree, it most definitely is not.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-15 21:26 | Report Abuse

http://www.investlah.com/forum/index.php/topic,3101.msg37481.html#msg37481

How the grandpa of grahamsmun received 600k dividends from his portfolio of stocks yearly? :handshake: :thumbsup: :clap: :cash:

Quote from: grahamsmun on May 28, 2009, 10:48:43 AM

When i was 18 & just started investment.
I approach my grandpa for advice.
Grandpa show me his list of stocks which he had been holding for more than 10 years.

1) Sime Darby
2) Public Bank
3) Shell
4) KLK
5) Oriental
6) PPB
7) Maybank
8) Genting
9) Guiness
10) Rothmans (BAT)

He never dispose this stocks & he is holding this stock for long term & for dividend .
He tell me that he is getting dividend of more than Rm 80000 a year, at that time the value of his portfolio is Rm 1.5 million.

At that time, i totally disagree with his investment philosophy as old fashion !
Stockmarket is here to help us to grow rich quick !!
If only i got the chance to manage Grandpa's assets which he refuses to let us touch !

25 years later Grandpa's portfolio had grown to amazing Rm 16 million & dividend a year is in the region Rm 600k p.a. And me, i still underperform against my Grandpa, eventhough i m more enterprising & industrious

U see how i wasted more than 20 yrs of my life, when i can easily adopt time tested Grandpa's investment philosophy.
only for past 5 yrs i begin to adopt my grandpa strategy with a slight modifications !

Year 0
Portfolio value RM 1.5 million
Dividends RM 80,000 per year (DY 5.33%)

Year 25
Portfolio value RM 16 million
Dividends RM 600,000 per year (DY 3.75%)

How much dividends did he receive? Let's make an estimate.
Beginning of period dividend RM 80,000
End of 25 year period dividend RM 600,000
Assuming linear growth in dividend on yearly basis, the average dividend per year for the last 25 years = (80,000 + 600,000) / 2 = RM 340,000 per year.
Therefore, he would have collected dividends totalling RM 340k x 25 = RM 8,500k = RM 8.5 million.

Assuming all the dividends were reinvested over the course of 25 years:

1. his investment grew from $1,500,000.00 to $16,000,000.00, its compound annual growth rate, or its overall return, is 9.93%.

2. his investment gains was 16m - 1.5m = RM 14.5m. RM 8.5 m was from dividends and RM 6 from capital appreciation.

:clap: :thumbsup:

[Buffett is growing Berkshire Hathaway at 10% per year presently. Imagine how big Berkshire Hathaway will become in the future. ]

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-15 21:26 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-15 21:30 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-15 21:35 | Report Abuse

Sell the losers, let the winners run.

If you keep selling the winners, you end up with a whole portfolio of losers.

It is better to sell the losers.

You will make a lot more holding onto the winners for the long run.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-15 21:37 | Report Abuse

The Lure of Short-Term Gains

There are many strategies employed in the market.
During a given period, any strategy may give a negative return,
despite having delivered good positive returns in the past or over the long term.
The investor maybe tempted to change a proven strategy.

An investor changed from
fundamental investing,
to technical investing,
to warrants investing,
to options investing
and to investing in U.S. equities.

These techniques spoke loudly the resourcefulness of the investor,
but the success must await an honest revelation of the total returns.
This was certainly bewildering to those who are less savy.
Yet, it was both interesting and intriguing to follow the investing adventure of this investor.

Sometimes, the lure of short-run gains, the attraction of a new paradigm,
and the relentless pressure to keep pace with hot sectors and hot stocks
caused some/many investors to abandon their long-term principles.
The long-term moderate rate of return is too slow for many who tasted the spectacular gains made in the bull market.

However, by accepting a modest return of 7 or 8% per year (doubling wealth every 10 years),
there are many stocks giving such a return with low or no risk.
Patience must be exercised by long-term investors.
Stocks remain the best investment for all those seeking steady, long-term gains.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-15 21:51 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 22:01 | Report Abuse

charles/3iii

look at the steel counters LionInd in particular....PE 3-6....

shares whacked up and down, and then down and up....speculation/ trading or investing?

what you call investors who invest in a company because of anti-dumping duties?

Harapan government is a rakyat government not a corporates government. Harapan government is the Democratic Party , not the Republican party.

Now.....Harapan government wants to remove the anti dumping duties on HRC., so as to make houses cheaper more affordable.

what happens to the shares people buy on the basis of anti dumping duties?

one more thing......

I think the stock market should be treated as a chess game, a war, You die better than I die. Plenty of liquidity, plenty of margin accounts, plenty of syndicates. Let the lucky ones survive.

But I don't promote fake news like this fellow....

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/forum/600168169.jsp

I think the authorities should close them down.....Fake news is very damaging......margin accounts, perfectly legit, perfectly legal.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 22:05 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 15): The Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) said it will look into the anti-dumping duty on imports of hot rolled coils, following a petition received from an …

http://flip.it/8koc3Q

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-15 22:16 | Report Abuse

>>>Posted by qqq3 > Aug 15, 2018 10:01 PM | Report Abuse

charles/3iii

look at the steel counters LionInd in particular....PE 3-6....

shares whacked up and down, and then down and up....speculation/ trading or investing?

what you call investors who invest in a company because of anti-dumping duties?

Harapan government is a rakyat government not a corporates government. Harapan government is the Democratic Party , not the Republican party.

Now.....Harapan government wants to remove the anti dumping duties on HRC., so as to make houses cheaper more affordable.

what happens to the shares people buy on the basis of anti dumping duties?

one more thing......

I think the stock market should be treated as a chess game, a war, You die better than I die. Plenty of liquidity, plenty of margin accounts, plenty of syndicates. Let the lucky ones survive.

I think the authorities should close them down.....Fake news is very damaging......margin accounts, perfectly legit, perfectly legal.<<<

Steel industry

The business of manufacturing and selling steel has been very challenging for years. It is capital intensive, labour intensive and yet, its products are sold based on competitive pricing.

It is thus not surprising to find many of the companies are not doing well in this industry. Their businesses are just gruesome. Capex is high, profitability volatile. Often due the capital intensive nature of the business, they carry a lot of debt too.

Recall My Golden Rule of Investing: Companies that grow revenues and earnings will see share prices grow over time.

Accordingly, I do not invest in these companies.

"You may wish to speculate on a turnaround occurring in this industry. But do realise turnaround does occur, but often very slowly."

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 22:34 | Report Abuse

(stock market full of fake news.....trade properly can make money.....no need to buy and hold.)

I think the authorities should close them down.....Fake news is very damaging......margin accounts, perfectly legit, perfectly legal.<<<

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-15 22:50 | Report Abuse

3iii

correct strategy of one era, one location is wrong strategy in another era, another location.

buy and hold? every 10 years a crisis comes and wipe off all the gains of the buy and holders.

the mini crash of last 12 months already wiped off the gains of many buy and holders of last few years.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-16 00:23 |

Post removed.Why?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz