PUBLIC BANK BHD

KLSE (MYR): PBBANK (1295)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.20 (4.38%)

Day's Change

4.34 - 4.48

Trading Volume

21 people like this.

15,584 comment(s). Last comment by Willtolive 59 minutes ago

Ahboy96

154 posts

Posted by Ahboy96 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

today top up another 2lot for 10cent dividend

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Price of PBB is also at a new high. Those who are long term in PBB sleep soundly.

bullrun168

489 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Walaoeh, what happend ?
Super damn hot man PBBANK today !
Now PBBANK was traded at @RM4.80 (+0.12) (+2.56 %)
Heng ah, Ong ah, Huat ah !

Posted by dollardollarbill > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Those who love PBBANK (1295) should love PBA (5041) too haha

Posted by BlackDiamond > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Smart kids! You’re learning fast! Keep it up!👍👍👍👍👍

nikicheong

2,497 posts

Posted by nikicheong > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Anyone have research reports they can share?

troy88

2,978 posts

Posted by troy88 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Clearly the sell down to RM4 few months ago was manipulated to scare off bilis

star899

403 posts

Posted by star899 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Quite possible that the foreign funds continue to pour into the financial sectors as most of blue chip financial stocks rally uptrend.
Actually the foreign funds could enjoy "treble gains" :
1) Rises in prices
2) Appreciation in Ringgit
3) Dividend income
PBBANK the rock solid blue chip counter could be one of their choices.
Just my opinion.

Comrades Good News—————————————————————4.80 going to——————-5! Buy Baby Buy! Your good days are here. PBB FENG SUI is good for investors!

My PREDICTIONS are never WRONG!

Going to 5 FIVE this round!

HA HA HA!

I’m having chilled TIGER DRAFT in Bangsar now with delicious chicken rice with wanton soup! Come join me! On the house today. Identification: HANSOME young man who wears a BLACK DIAMOND RING on right ring finger! Ha HA HA!😁😁😁😁😁😂😂😂😂😎😎

bullrun168

489 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Wow, Amazing !
Now PBBANK was traded at @RM4.82 (+0.12) (+3.00 %)
Heng ah, Ong ah, Huat ah !

zhadao! No Chance!

Posted by nickweichung > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

PBB is the worst. Amongst all, slowest in share price rise.

M55555

1,070 posts

Posted by M55555 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

At RM4 cakap worst bank. Now within a month already given 4.80 , still worst bank . Kesian

1288Go

187 posts

Posted by 1288Go > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Wah, enjoy the gains...
Syok 😃

kl_guy

1,541 posts

Posted by kl_guy > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

tq PBBank call warrnt . gain 20k from recent run

lawkaw

150 posts

Posted by lawkaw > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@nickweichung, m55555
your "butter" bitten by pbb? 🤣🤣🤣

star899

403 posts

PBBANK is a "win win " solid blue chip stock for foreign investors and likewise for the local institutional and retail investors.

Strong closing for today.

Kickweichong, with this kind of results and share appreciation you still dare call PBBthe worst bank. Please go for a simple psychiatric evaluation as you need one badly. After evaluation, l hope your psychiatrist will give you a kick on your ass and make you realise reality.😂😂😂😂😂😂

star899

403 posts

Index 1700 would not be a dream if the heavyweight blue chip index component stocks such as financial stocks continue to scale to new heights.

M55555

1,070 posts

Maybe have to see if EPF acquiring ( price go up) or disposing ( price go down) . Seem like EPF buying high and selling low. I am still learning and trying to find the secret why EPF still can make ton of money for us the contributor.

star899

403 posts

Hopefully those stocks sold by EPF could be absorbed by foreign or other institutional investors .
1 USD = about RM4.34
1 SGD = about RM3.33
With that kind of exchange rates, foreign investors could absorve much more shares than the Malaysians in one go.
That's the reason why the inflow of foreign investors is very important to Malaysia.

star899

403 posts

Sorry I mean could absorb much more shares.

Foreign funds will come and go and later come again. I feel majority of the funds will stay till Ex date of dividend, at least. But than nothing is certain as you all know that a market is highly unpredictable. Anyway the late developments have been dream come true for genuine and long term investors so should cannot ask for more. PBB is not a share for speculators. It’s for those long term dividend dependant and it’s like buying a property in damansara in a prime area. This is why l always wanted Mx team to realise that they increase their dividend at par at MBB or at least near it and fortunately this has happened so we are not far fr the dividend offered by MBB . 10 cents dividend is brilliant! Many local investors are now looking at PBB as it’s solid and their market prise in much cheaper than its competitors with its brilliant dividend. So friends lastly, even if big funds leave the price of PB around 4.50, l believe fr my past experiences. But as l said a market is unpredictable as weather and it may even touch 5.50 this round. So good luck and anyway there is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT if you are a genuine investor. Remember this old man’s conservative counter is as SOLID AS A ROCK!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

star899

403 posts

Old man stock but still going stronger and stronger
Wish everyone a happy morning.

Willtolive

551 posts

Posted by Willtolive > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Finally I see 15% gain plus 3 years of dividends

lawkaw

150 posts

epf dispose, so we must quit, don't acquire

star899

403 posts

Heavy profit taking in banking stock today.
To tell you the truth.
I transfer my investment to PBA, a utility stock and might come back to here at a later time.
Not asking you to follow me. It is all up to you to study carefully before you invest in any stock.
Just my opinion and information.

Good Luck Star!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

M55555

1,070 posts

I am hoping and waiting to see it touch above RM5

skc761103

198 posts

Posted by skc761103 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

If u guys are the user of the public bank share platform , u will discover that recently the SHARE platform actual share price is far lagging behind the actual real live price! The ridiculous gap can up to 4 mins, ! Any price lagging will have cause trader & investors to lose their hard earn money & bank are no held any responsibility on their fxxking screw up platform. With huge profit earned every year but cant even provide a fair enough facility to customers.What a shameful investment bank .FIRST CLASS SERVICE WITH THIRD CLASS FACILITY
bank

Posted by Babayaga > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

yes .... its quite slow too . uninstall previous versions of public bank sharelink app and only use the latest .... that seemed to help me

pang72

51,096 posts

Posted by pang72 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Latest revise target price for pbb range from $5.10 to $5.36.
Pbb best earning in town triggers FF buying in heavily

pang72

51,096 posts

I believe $5.36 is matter of time before next QR

pang72

51,096 posts

FF has reduced pbb holding for past 6 months.
With strengthening ringgit, FF coming back to replenish their stock in pbb almost everyday

Sour Grapes! I think all those with negative perception of PB are all those frustrated people who have sold their PB shares cheaply when things were bad last one year. So now they fell frustrated seeing this bull run for the banking sector imagine their gains if they had not sold. Or there is another group who thought of buying but got discouraged because of bad false reviews thus kept postponing till they miss the boat. HA HA HA! Go to hell you frustrated lot!😂😂😂

4.82 going to 5 very soon!

Congrats to all PB shareholders!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Cockcroach

624 posts

Posted by Cockcroach > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

At least see some meat now

lawkaw

150 posts

@star899
so, what story to tell and what opinion and information you have for today ?
don't tell me your truth that today you just bought back 4.660 again 🤣🤣🤣

lawkaw

150 posts

@cockroach
watch out !! your meat with hard solid bone, stuck up ..... 🤣🤣🤣

Posted by Hachi Hachi > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

hold to get dividen . better than FD.

star899

403 posts

lawkaw,
I admit that PBBANK is rock solid share.
I might come back some other time when it reached my level of expectation.
Wish you and everyone here a very happy weekend and Merdeka day.

The way things are moving, 5.50 should be no problems this round but I am not sure whether it will hold here. Only God knows. It’s been a long time since l have seen a momentum of this sort. It’s a bull run for financial stocks. Otherwise l don’t think it go below 4.50 and only time will tell. But as l mentioned before long term investors can have sweet dreams. No WORRIES! Enjoy this game!😄👌👌👌

559 posts

Posted by 3101575000 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

👍👌👏

pang72

51,096 posts

https://theedgemalaysia.com/node/724406

Public Bank's 2Q net profit rises 10%, declares 10 sen dividend
By Jason Ng & Isabelle Francis / theedgemalaysia.com
27 Aug 2024, 01:29 pm
Updated - 02:29 pm
main news image
Photo by Low Yen Yeing/The Edge

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 27): Public Bank Bhd (KL:PBBANK), Malaysia’s third-largest banks by assets, said on Tuesday its net profit rose 10% in the second quarter from a year earlier, thanks to higher net interest income and non-interest income.

Net profit for the three months ended June 30, 2024 (2QFY2024) was RM1.78 billion, compared with RM1.62 billion in the same period last year, Public Bank said in an exchange filing. Net interest income rose 5% year-on-year to RM2.32 billion.

The company also declared a first interim dividend of 10 sen per share, amounting to RM1.94 billion, payable on Sept 23.

For the quarter under review, net interest income was RM2.32 billion, while net income from Islamic banking stood at RM416.99 million. Non-interest income was RM674.75 million.

For the first half ended June 30, 2024 (1HFY2024), the group reported a net profit of RM3.44 billion or 17.70 sen per share, up more than 3% from RM3.33 billion or 17.17 sen per share.

Revenue increased 8.9% to RM13.49 billion for 1HFY2024, from RM12.39 billion a year ago.

In a separate statement, the group said the better performance was driven mainly by growth in the loan and deposit businesses, and further supported by growth in non-interest income.

"Coupled with prudent cost management and sound asset quality, the group achieved a net return on equity of 12.8% for 1HFY2024," it added.

Year-on-year, 1HFY2024 net interest and financing income rose by 3.9% to RM5.42 billion, with the net interest margin/financing margin staying stable at 2.2%.

Meanwhile, non-interest income recorded a 5.8% growth to RM1.32 billion, largely from higher income in the unit trust and stock-broking businesses.

"With the ongoing initiatives to enhance operational efficiency, operating expenses continued to be prudently managed, as reflected by the group’s cost-to-income ratio of 35.3%," read the statement.

In terms of asset quality, the group’s impaired loans ratio was steady at 0.6%, while loan loss coverage was sustained at 154.2%.

The group’s total loan portfolio sustained its upward momentum in 1HFY2024, and rose by an annualised rate of 6.0% to RM411.0 billion. In particular, the domestic loan portfolio expanded by 5.9% on an annualised basis to RM383.7 billion, outperforming the Malaysian banking industry’s annualised loan growth of 5.0%.

Total newly approved domestic loans increased by 8.9% in 1HFY2024, as compared to the same period last year.

Total customer deposits posted an annualised growth rate of 5.8% to RM424.9 billion, while domestic customer deposits expanded by an annualised growth rate of 5.3% to RM395.1 billion, led mainly by core deposit inflows.

The group also maintained a healthy liquidity position, with a gross loan-to-fund and equity ratio of 82.1% as of June 2024.

The group's loan loss coverage ratio stood at 154.2%, which was above the banking industry’s loan loss coverage ratio of 91.7%.

Including regulatory reserves, the loan loss coverage ratio was higher at 192.7%.

Non-interest income increased 5.8% year-on-year to RM1.32 billion in 1HFY2024, mainly supported by growth in unit trust income of 16.3% and an increase in stockbroking income of 44.6%.

The group continued to uphold its capital position, with its common equity Tier 1 capital ratio at 14.5%, the Tier 1 capital ratio at 14.5%, and the total capital ratio at 17.4%.

The group's liquidity coverage ratio remained above the regulatory requirement at 138.5%.

Public Bank shares gained 17 sen or 3.8% to close at RM4.68, valuing the banking group at some RM90.8 billion.

Most Read
Just In
Mastercard wants to get rid of card numbers for online shopping
Hunt for Fed-pivot winners sparks a rush to Malaysia, Indonesia
China’s troubled solar industry may be nearing a turning point
UOB’s Wee on driving the business through values and culture
The Week Ahead: Bank Negara OPR decision, implementation of US tariff on Chinese imports in focus

Level 3, Menara KLK, 1 Jalan PJU 7/6, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

(+603) 7721 8000

info@bizedge.com

Home
Contact us
Sitemap
About us
Advertise with us
Terms & Conditions
Join us
Subscription
PDPA
Newsletter
Digital Editions
Copyright © 1999-2023 The Edge Communications Sdn. Bhd. 199301012242 (266980-X). All rights reserved

pang72

51,096 posts

It is solid steady growth Qtoq and Ytoy including dividend.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz